Quick history: A man that has developed some amazing business ideas, fleshed them out, then either didn't execute at all or half-arsed it. Some examples:
1. Dreamed up satellite radio in 1993 when I was doing some backwoods driving across the South.
2. Started an internet bookstore in 1996 but quit before launch to go get an MBA.
3. During my MBA business plan class (1997), created a business plan for an internet pharmacy. There was only one mom-and-pop pharmacy online at the time that would ship across state lines.
4. Started a business in 1999, while working full-time, that was similar to Etsy but pivoted because our biggest earner was an indie band, this evolved into an Indie Band site with approx. 20k bands. Sold CDs and merch and got into CD pressing as well. Biggest competitor was CD Baby (derek sivers), we were the second biggest player. Made decent money for a while but treated it like a hobby and when the one band that provided 80% of our revenue disbanded we closed up shop.
I did start a financial services business that did really well, ran into some hard times and sold off what I could.
I earn really good money as a management consultant but know the slowlane is not the lane for me. It never has been.
Right now I am working through a few business ideas my wife and I have -- we are going to run some ads and see if we can find market fit before building anything substantial. The problems we are focusing on have great scale but will need some further analysis to validate their fastlane capabilities.
I look forward to adding value where I can here and learning from you all!
HH
1. Dreamed up satellite radio in 1993 when I was doing some backwoods driving across the South.
2. Started an internet bookstore in 1996 but quit before launch to go get an MBA.
3. During my MBA business plan class (1997), created a business plan for an internet pharmacy. There was only one mom-and-pop pharmacy online at the time that would ship across state lines.
4. Started a business in 1999, while working full-time, that was similar to Etsy but pivoted because our biggest earner was an indie band, this evolved into an Indie Band site with approx. 20k bands. Sold CDs and merch and got into CD pressing as well. Biggest competitor was CD Baby (derek sivers), we were the second biggest player. Made decent money for a while but treated it like a hobby and when the one band that provided 80% of our revenue disbanded we closed up shop.
I did start a financial services business that did really well, ran into some hard times and sold off what I could.
I earn really good money as a management consultant but know the slowlane is not the lane for me. It never has been.
Right now I am working through a few business ideas my wife and I have -- we are going to run some ads and see if we can find market fit before building anything substantial. The problems we are focusing on have great scale but will need some further analysis to validate their fastlane capabilities.
I look forward to adding value where I can here and learning from you all!
HH
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
