• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

LOL, look at this BS (Money doesn't solve problems)

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by luniac, Feb 22, 2019.

1. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,631
    America’s Professional Elite: Wealthy, Successful and Miserable

As if everyone else is Poor, Unsuccesful, and SuperHappy!

At least the 1.2 million a year guy has the OPTION to downshift his lifestyle and be financially free by next year!

but no you must never become wealthy and succesful, or you'll be miserable. LOL

2. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,871
    This article is a blue pill dealer.

They make it look like the guy earning $1.2 million cannot escape his fate of working 12 hours/day at a job he hates, despite the amount he earns.

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is drowning in debt too. 1.2 million/yr in downtown NY probably doesn't feel as rich as 300 miles away in a small, cozy town.

3. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,631
    At 1.2 mil, he could move 5 miles away into a small brooklyn apartment and feel rich too.
    His wife is married to the lifestyle though.

Mattie, ZF Lee and Jeff Noel like this.
  4. Rabby

Rabby Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,923
    LOL. Are they wealthy, or just high-spender high-income? Are they successful, or not in control of their lives? The word wealthy is especially inappropriate here. If you're wealthy, you're neither trapped nor dependent, at least by my definition.

This is written by Charles Duhigg... I actually like his habit book. Everyone has their areas of expertise I guess.

NMdad, Mattie, SMH and 4 others like this.
  5. luniac

Rep Bank:
    $12,631
    true he's not effectively wealthy, didn't even think about that.
    but if he wanted to be, he's 100 steps ahead of the "happy" McDonalds employee!

Shashwat, Rabby and RazorCut like this.
  6. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,118
    I don't think money has much correlation to happiness, (though I would rather be rich and unhappy than poor and unhappy).

Let me rephrase that. I guess what I really mean is money doesn't bring you happiness it just acts as an amplifier.

If you are a dick, then an excess of money will just make you a bigger dick.

To be truly happy you need a feeling of accomplishment, you need to feel fulfilled. No matter the financial reward, unless you enjoy what you do (be it paid or otherwise) there is no satisfaction in life. And retail therapy is a poor substitute. (That Dopamine hit doesn't last very long, then you need another shiny new object).

I was recently talking to a women in her early 60's who worked for minimum wage in a care home. They were making her work the Christmas holidays despite the fact that her shift rota meant it was someone else's turn that year.

Management just shit on her and she just rolled over and took it. I asked her why she continued working there and it was because she felt needed by the residents, even if the management treated her like dirt.

She could just about get by on the money but her motivation was the pleasure she received in helping individuals she had build relationship with. She was relatively poor but happy.

Some of the poorest people I have ever met were the Nubian's in North Africa. They were also the happiest people I have ever had the pleasure in knowing. And they were at their most happiest when they were sharing the little they had with you. A wonderful people.

NMdad, Mattie, LinorCG and 6 others like this.
  7. luniac

Rep Bank:
    $12,631
    lol retail therapy, that's a good one!

Mattie and RazorCut like this.
  8. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,712
    It's an article about slowlaners

Xeon likes this.
  9. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,791
    Admin Post
    Seems like Mr. Duhigg doesn't know what wealth is.

A well-paid, high stress 80 hour a week job in Manhattan isn't it.

Yup, expect nothing less from the NY Slimes.

Mattie, GuitarManDan, Xeon and 8 others like this.
  10. 404profound

404profound Platinum Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,912
    It's interesting that a few decades ago the Wall St. grind was viewed as an exclusive and opportunistic way to go, and today people look at them and chuckle that those morons are spending their whole life making their partners rich. People are definitely starting to wake up, and the media is doing everything it can to keep them asleep. Once enough people wake up, the middle class will evaporate. That process is the bedrock upon which I've placed my own bet with my app :)

MattR82 and ZF Lee like this.
  11. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,225
    No matter what the income level... There are always people that spin their wheels and build nothing.

I know several people that make 7 figures and no invested net worth. They have "REALLY COOL" shit though.

12. Mukul

Mukul New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $127
    Wealth is having freedom , to pursue whatever you want without asking permission from some "boss". To spend time with family and friends,strengthing relations , and to be fit physically , mentally and spiritually. Money can give it , if you use it right.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

13. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,531
    Yup, this must be what happiness looks like.
    [​IMG]

Mattie, Xeon, Roz and 3 others like this.
  14. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,791
    Admin Post
    Shit articles like this is just to make you feel good about being broke.

No meaning, no freedom, a lot of thankless work ... yea, he's miserable.

Slowlane dogma at its finest.

Selection bias, confirmation bias, etc. etc.

NMdad, Mattie, LinorCG and 11 others like this.
  15. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,655
    Yes, shit articles like this are part of the reason why I used to feel very good being broke and poor.

Because being broke and poor = you're honest, clean and live a much simpler and happier life than the rich.
    Because if you're rich, it means you must have used underhanded, scrupulous tactics to get those money.
    You know, the kind of vile businessman scrooge character who would sell their own mom to the pimp for $1500.

Fortunately, Unscripted came along and dispelled all these BS myths to oblivion.

Mattie, Shashwat, luniac and 2 others like this.
  16. minivanman

minivanman Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,903

Attached Files:

Shashwat, Xeon and Jeff Noel like this.
  17. minivanman

minivanman Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,903
    I'm about the same percentage of a dick as I was when I was broke but I will admit, I actually pay more attention and TRY to not be a dick nowadays..... but sometimes, people deserve my full on dickness.

NMdad, Mattie, Shashwat and 5 others like this.
  18. GuitarManDan

GuitarManDan Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,993
    Seems like another article to make people feel better about not striving for something greater.

I saw it first hand in my Corporate America life - ironically enough, it seemed that the higher you got promoted and the more you made, the more miserable you got. This isn't because they were earning more money... it's because it meant more hours and way more stress in the NYC banking culture. Not to mention almost all of them bought stuff they couldn't afford...

Guy I worked with told me he "couldn't leave" because he loves being able to tell people he works for (big well-known investment bank) at dinner parties.

Spending 80 hours/week for years and years for the one or two times he can brag to people that he works at a prestigious job... lol.

MJ DeMarco, Shashwat, SMH and 2 others like this.
  19. Neng Her

Neng Her Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $0
    If you are a dick, then an excess of money will just make you a bigger dick.

I read this in the book FU Money.

Xeon likes this.
  20. Neng Her

Rep Bank:
    $0

I read something like this is the book FU Money by Dan Lok. Stuck with me ever since.

Xeon and RazorCut like this.
  21. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,118
    Ha, well there’s a coincidence, I came across Don Loc a couple of days ago as he interviewed an entrepreneur I have an interest in. His podcast looks like it might be worth following.

Xeon likes this.
  22. Neng Her

Rep Bank:
    $0
    Likewise. Definitely looking forward to his interviews and podcast especially w/ entrepreneurs who are still operating on the low-key.

Xeon likes this.
  23. 404profound

404profound Platinum Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,912
    Or is he another guru with a knack for marketing?

Xeon likes this.
  24. RazorCut

Rep Bank:
    $27,118
    He can’t be that good otherwise he would have shown up on my radar earlier. It does look like he has an interesting list of interviewees, though I’ve only heard two so far. Time will tell.

Xeon likes this.
  25. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $404,791
    DeepScripted, lucasb, Mattie and 5 others like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.