The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Want to make millions? Here's your list of products to import.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
I probably shouldn't be doing it, but I have been considering importing a classic Japanese car as values have been skyrocketing and I see it as a fun "safe" way to "park" some money ;) . There is also a 25% tax tariff proposed on ALL imported cars including these classics which would take a $30k car to $37,500 BEFORE any additional state and government taxes.. I am curious to see if the tariff goes through if the cars already imported will rise in value to match total import costs or if those coming over will fall enough to make up for the jump from a 2.5% tax to a 25% tax....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Shoot me a PM with the HTS code.

I'm thinking of starting a sourcing consultancy side hustle and will get you a list of alternate suppliers in exchange for a review. If your niche is too specific, then I understand if you don't want someone searching on your behalf.

Good luck @amp0193.

Given the niche, it won't be too difficult to find another manufacuter. If anything, there are too many options. It's whittling it down to the right ones, and getting them set up to build a complex product to my specifications, that is the challenge.

I'll pm you anyways, couldn't hurt

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Are plastic toys not on the list? It looks like the vast majority of items are machines or machinery-related parts.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Are plastic toys not on the list? It looks like the vast majority of items are machines or machinery-related parts.

I don't think the US wants to put tariffs on products with so few manufacturers outside of China. Most of the products seem to fall into the 30% range, which means there are plenty of alternatives.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
I don't think the US wants to put tariffs on products with so few manufacturers outside of China. Most of the products seem to fall into the 30% range, which means there are plenty of alternatives.
That makes a lot of sense - thanks!

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
The great thing about this idea is the same opportunity is open to people in the UK with breexit! Importing goods from Europe will not get any cheaper, therefore importers will need to find cheap alternatives from around the World.
This is where a fastlaner steps in... helping importers find cheaper goods.

I'm not actually sure about that, the way things are going with regulatory alignment and NI and one way. Their might be little opportunity there. A lot more on the other side replacing UK exports with EU ones for the EU.

Just in time deliverys is going to be where things are going to have to be replaced if there is any kind of border checks.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
To you guys making deals:

What does this look like? Are you acting as an intermediary who introduces two parties into a relationship?

Or more of a middleman and the two parties never meet?

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Also aluminum recycling. Germany recycles 99% compared to us 67%. Wonder if buying us scrap and selling it I back

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.