The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Very specific wordpress.org / Hostgator problem - Help!

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada

Where are you accessing that "Add Media" dialogue from? Is that in a text box where you enter code / text?

I don't think you are supposed to add the files like that. That is the insert media (ie images, videos, etc) wordpress prompt correct? That dialogue is for accessing media (images/videos) from other websites to display on your site.

Can you close that prompt and show me a screenshot of where you accessed that from?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny1975

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 21, 2015
Where are you accessing that "Add Media" dialogue from? Is that in a text box where you enter code / text?

I don't think you are supposed to add the files like that. That is the insert media (ie images, videos, etc) wordpress prompt correct? That dialogue is for accessing media (images/videos) from other websites to display on your site.

Can you close that prompt and show me a screenshot of where you accessed that from?

That screenshot is from optimizemember, in optimizepress.

What you're seeing is the Membership Files Download element on optimizemember, which is for allowing access to files for people with a particular type of membership (as set by me in the element). The screenshot shows the bit where I have to choose the file. It is not the media library.

Here is where that came from (both screenshots are of the same thing, the second one is when I scrolled down a bit) :

66666a.png 66666b.png

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
That screenshot is from optimizemember, in optimizepress.

What you're seeing is the Membership Files Download element on optimizemember, which is for allowing access to files for people with a particular type of membership (as set by me in the element). The screenshot shows the bit where I have to choose the file. It is not the media library.

Here is where that came from (both screenshots are of the same thing, the second one is when I scrolled down a bit) :

View attachment 11613 View attachment 11614

Ah interesting and that prompt for "add media" appears when you select "select file"?

And you tried the full URL (www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/plugins/optimizeMember-files/Introduction.pdf)?

You would not be able to use the www.yourdomain.com/?optimizeMember_file_download=Introduction.pdf in that box (or Introduction.pdf). That would only be for links.

If that URL doesn't work you will need to contact the makers of optimize member plugin. Seems like an issue their plugin doesn't just read the files from that directory they tell you to use.

Hopefully you never tried that URL pointing to the path on the server and that works.

If not sorry I couldn't be more help.

Johnny1975

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 21, 2015
Well thanks for trying anyway. Yes I tried that url, and many other configurations. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if it was something really simple, but unfortunately optimizepress hasn't explained it very well. And the wordpress.org forum is no good either. Hardly any people there. I guess I'm going to have to suffer for a while longer before I finally stumble upon the answer to this.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
Well thanks for trying anyway. Yes I tried that url, and many other configurations. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if it was something really simple, but unfortunately optimizepress hasn't explained it very well. And the wordpress.org forum is no good either. Hardly any people there. I guess I'm going to have to suffer for a while longer before I finally stumble upon the answer to this.

Go to the optimizeMember plugin site and find a contact. Usually developers for these things are pretty good at responding. And they would obviously be very familiar with the tool. You may get turn around within a day. Good luck.

Johnny1975

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 21, 2015
Go to the optimizeMember plugin site and find a contact. Usually developers for these things are pretty good at responding. And they would obviously be very familiar with the tool. You may get turn around within a day. Good luck.

What is that site?

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
What is that site?

I wasn't sure if optimizePress actually produces optimizeMember or if they had their own third party plugin store.

I googled optimizeMember found this: https://optimizepress.zendesk.com/h...Your-Content-using-our-OptimizeMember-plugin-

looks like it is optimizePress that creates it so they are who you would contact. There is a contact/support ticket right on that page. They would be the ones to help you as wordpress / hostgator are not responsible for that plugin.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.