The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Valuable skills ?

ghassane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 25, 2021
Sidi Ifni , Morocco
Hey Fastlaner as a student in the first year of the university what advices would you like to offer me to make money or to learn in-demand skills to stop taking money from my parents , I'm a designer BTW but I Intend to start E-commerce , keep in mind that I live In north of Africa < Morocco > .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Learn how to sell...
... how to communicate...
... how to persuade...
... how to write...

Bottomline, all entrepreneurs must know how to sell, explain, and persuade, whether it be customers, partners, investors, employees, government officials, and/or their own spouse.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Learn how to sell...
... how to persuade...
... how to write...

Bottomline, all entrepreneurs must know how to sell, explain, and persuade, whether it be customers, partners, investors, government officials, and/or their own spouse.
What’s your take in the marketing vs sales conversation MJ? I was discussing this recently, and it seems to me sales is more essential in the initial stages of entrepreneurship for cash flow, but effective marketing makes the bigger difference over time.

Point being that it’s easier to sell to “friends” than strangers, so marketing does most of the work, and the actual sales is much easier. In the AIDA formula, marketing essentially is AID, and sales the A.

Example being Gary V - he built VaynerMedia on the back of his personal brand, which is really all about marketing. Seems that effective marketing in that case has made sales superfluous. As he says in his book Jab Jab Jab Right Hook, it’s mostly the jabbing (marketing) that sets up the sale (right hook), which is more transactional than anything.

Whereas selling - it is faster to get some cash going by cold calling, cold emailing and hustling, but in the end marketing greatly simplifies the whole process for you, greatly reduces rejection, and makes the whole process smoother.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Fastlaner as a student in the first year of the university what advices would you like to offer me to make money or to learn in-demand skills to stop taking money from my parents , I'm a designer BTW but I Intend to start E-commerce , keep in mind that I live In north of Africa < Morocco > .
Do you need to learn more?

Can you sell your design skills this week?

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 12, 2021
What’s your take in the marketing vs sales conversation MJ? I was discussing this recently, and it seems to me sales is more essential in the initial stages of entrepreneurship for cash flow, but effective marketing makes the bigger difference over time.

Point being that it’s easier to sell to “friends” than strangers, so marketing does most of the work, and the actual sales is much easier. In the AIDA formula, marketing essentially is AID, and sales the A.

Example being Gary V - he built VaynerMedia on the back of his personal brand, which is really all about marketing. Seems that effective marketing in that case has made sales superfluous. As he says in his book Jab Jab Jab Right Hook, it’s mostly the jabbing (marketing) that sets up the sale (right hook), which is more transactional than anything.

Whereas selling - it is faster to get some cash going by cold calling, cold emailing and hustling, but in the end marketing greatly simplifies the whole process for you, greatly reduces rejection, and makes the whole process smoother.
Well to me they seem skills that serve two different purposes
Marketing gets you the long term results and leads/clients, while selling lets you close the deal. So selling is at the end of the funnel

ghassane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 25, 2021
Sidi Ifni , Morocco
Learn how to sell...
... how to persuade...
... how to write...

Bottomline, all entrepreneurs must know how to sell, explain, and persuade, whether it be customers, partners, investors, employees, government officials, and/or their own spouse.
yeah these are great ones , especially effective communication it will solve so much problems , thanks for your opinion DeMarco

ghassane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 25, 2021
Sidi Ifni , Morocco

well said , thank you

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ghassane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 25, 2021
Sidi Ifni , Morocco

bbar97

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 1, 2017
South Carolina
Well to me they seem skills that serve two different purposes
Marketing gets you the long term results and leads/clients, while selling lets you close the deal. So selling is at the end of the funnel
True, and it also depends on what your product/service is. More expensive services and products are going to rely more heavily on sales teams than mass market products and plug and play services.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...