The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

using another entreprenuers idea

Idea threads

mmmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Jul 15, 2009
Hi,

Recently I have been looking into few option to start my own business.

one of them was an idea by an entrepreneur in another country,he has been very successful with his idea and this company is running really well.

I don't want to copy his idea but I would like to promote his idea in my country and be the only person in my country to be able to sell his service.

for eg.

if we assume that his idea/service is to build bird cage's

I would like to get customers to place orders in my country for this cage's but I will need his support and expertise to actually deliver the product/service.I will spend all the money to advertise and market it in my country

I am confident that I will be able to sell his service and/or product in my country.

what kind of agreement is best with him/his company
(he/his company are quiet young but growing rapidly)

I do not want to short change him in anyway but I don't know what would be best for both of us.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Hi,

Recently I have been looking into few option to start my own business.

one of them was an idea by an entrepreneur in another country,he has been very successful with his idea and this company is running really well.

I don't want to copy his idea but I would like to promote his idea in my country and be the only person in my country to be able to sell his service.

for eg.

if we assume that his idea/service is to build bird cage's

I would like to get customers to place orders in my country for this cage's but I will need his support and expertise to actually deliver the product/service.I will spend all the money to advertise and market it in my country

I am confident that I will be able to sell his service and/or product in my country.

what kind of agreement is best with him/his company
(he/his company are quiet young but growing rapidly)

I do not want to short change him in anyway but I don't know what would be best for both of us.

why don't you want to copy his idea if it is so good?
if you don't, and you sell it for him, he is the one in the fast lane, you are the one in the next lane.

mmmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Jul 15, 2009
I cannot provide the service and his product(which has been created by him) because I do not have the expertise and I will require him to provide me his product(as far as I could see he is the only one providing such a service and product)

taking my above example of the bird cage

1) I do not know how to make the bird cage(I require him to show me how to make it)
2) I don't know what he uses to feed the birds

Just in case I am not clear

he provides a few services and a product used for one of the service

I would be more like his franchise but I will do all the marketing,advertising etc.

all I require from him is to use his company name and his expertise

I will do the rest i.e. getting clients,hiring employees,caring out the work,etc.

I hope I am clear enough

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
maybe you can get a product, reverse engineer it, by slowly taking it apart, then putting it back together. repeat until you understand how it works, then figure out how to make your own parts.

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
I agree that what you are trying to do is very similar to affiliate marketing -- something I have never been a fan of. I say figure out how you can do it yourself.

mmmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Jul 15, 2009
I want to be more like a partner rather than an affiliate marketeer.

it is not a specific product but the way they provide their service.

I think my analogy of the bird cage is a bit misleading.

It is the service which is unique.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.