Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well.
Some background: I have a bachelor's degree in economics, not IT or computer science, and I currently run an ecommerce business where I make about $500 a month selling products. I can put in 8 to 10 hours a day toward learning something new.
I want to pick up an AI-related skill (not AI itself, but a skill built around using AI tools) that I could get genuinely competent at within about 3 months, use to make real money online in a way that's ethical and legit, and eventually turn into an actual service or small business. I've been looking mainly at two directions: building and selling AI agents for businesses (automation, lead gen, customer support bots), or "vibe coding", using AI coding tools like Cursor or Claude Code to build and ship websites or small apps for clients without a traditional programming background.
Given I'm coming from an economics/ecommerce background with zero coding experience, which of these two would actually be realistic to land paid work from within 3 months, or is there a better-suited path for someone like me? My goal is to get to $25k a month in profit within a year. Would rather hear from people who've actually done this than get more theory.
Some background: I have a bachelor's degree in economics, not IT or computer science, and I currently run an ecommerce business where I make about $500 a month selling products. I can put in 8 to 10 hours a day toward learning something new.
I want to pick up an AI-related skill (not AI itself, but a skill built around using AI tools) that I could get genuinely competent at within about 3 months, use to make real money online in a way that's ethical and legit, and eventually turn into an actual service or small business. I've been looking mainly at two directions: building and selling AI agents for businesses (automation, lead gen, customer support bots), or "vibe coding", using AI coding tools like Cursor or Claude Code to build and ship websites or small apps for clients without a traditional programming background.
Given I'm coming from an economics/ecommerce background with zero coding experience, which of these two would actually be realistic to land paid work from within 3 months, or is there a better-suited path for someone like me? My goal is to get to $25k a month in profit within a year. Would rather hear from people who've actually done this than get more theory.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

