The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Upgrading from copywriting to landing pages

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Fathazard

Patience, Speed & Gratitude
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
435%
Jul 31, 2015
Sweden
We're only earning equal to the amount of value we create and provide.

With that in mind, I have set out to increase my value by combining copywriting, digital marketing and the ability to create landing pages.

Here's what I have so far:
  • I've had a grand total of one client, found through craigslist.
  • I've started blogging to build some sort of authority.
  • I think partnering up with other agencies might be a smart move. And in the future work with better designers than I.
Any feedback is welcome!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Howdy fellow Swede,
I don't feel like you're communicating the value in landing pages. First off -- who are you targeting with the landing page? Where do your visitors come from? What's the pre-frame?

Depending on your answer... your headline:

"Landing Page In a Day
I'll write, design and code a custom page to grow your business"

Could need some oversight. Do your visitors even know what a landing page is? Maybe they understand it's a website page, but do they know the essential idea behind it? It's practically a 24/7 sales machine, but I can't see something like that mentioned clearly above the fold.

Your "What I do" section is slightly better: "I help business get more customers by increasing the percentage of visitors who purchase."

But it's still really ambiguous and you're still unclear about what LANDING pages are and what they can do for a business.

Your case study would be much more influential if you mentioned what the real results were. Not just a before-and-after picture. How did the numbers change?

"Get A Free Evaluation": Now you finally get into what a landing page is and why it's better than sending traffic to a homepage. But just -- for no reason -- including words like "for a limited time" will probably not do any difference and could be negative to your CR.

You have 3(!) different CTAs. Is that good landing page practice?

Also: "Landing Page In a Day" just makes you and your work feel kinda cheap. If you have some client work and finish it in a day, they'll be more prone to nitpicking it and feeling it wasn't worth the money. Deliver them the exact same work after two weeks and they'll be more satisfied with the end result.

Hoppas det var konstruktivt.

Anyways, landing pages are a fun place to be. Keep us posted on your progress.

Fathazard

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
435%
Jul 31, 2015
Sweden
who are you targeting with the landing page? Where do your visitors come from? What's the pre-frame?

Depending on your answer... your headline:

"Landing Page In a Day
I'll write, design and code a custom page to grow your business"

Could need some oversight. Do your visitors even know what a landing page is? Maybe they understand it's a website page, but do they know the essential idea behind it? It's practically a 24/7 sales machine, but I can't see something like that mentioned clearly above the fold.
Hi Jon! Thank you so much for all your feedback.

I've been changing my intended audience several times. So right now it's very general, which I know isn't the best idea. I have no visitors.

I started with targeting premium travel agencies who are members of ATTA (a trade organization), but couldn't find any clients after hundreds of cold emails. After contacting ten people through Craigslist who mentioned that they need a "landing page" specifically and getting 1 client, I backpeddaled a bit on niching down.

Other than paid advertising, blogging, job boards and cold email I'm at a loss for how to find clients. Partnering up with a paid advertising agency feels like a good choice. So audience is a work in progress and I'd love more input on that.

As for the title, and all text above the fold, I agree it needs to be better. Here are a few options for myself, that could go somewhere:
  • I set up systems to convert visitors into customers.
  • I transform your digital marketing by butchering your website.
  • You need sales, not more traffic. Convert/Optimize what you already pay for.
  • Your website sucks for sales. Get a landing page.
  • More sales, same ad spend.
  • I create web pages that help you get customers.
  • I make your ads generate more customers with better xxx
  • I make people click buttons
  • I transform your digital marketing with xxx
  • You pay for visitors/traffic, but where do they go? I help your visitors stay and become customers.

Your "What I do" section is slightly better: "I help businesses get more customers by increasing the percentage of visitors who purchase."

But it's still really ambiguous and you're still unclear about what LANDING pages are and what they can do for a business.

You're right. No matter what audience I end up with, I should have the benefits of a well-crafted landing page be clearer and higher up the page.

Choosing a niche again would make the copy easier to write too.

Your case study would be much more influential if you mentioned what the real results were. Not just a before-and-after picture. How did the numbers change?

Working on getting some numbers. The client has not used the page in a campaign page yet.

I thought about using a simple size difference (11MB vs 1.8MB), but I think that's too nerdy for most clients to appreciate...And it's not really a result.

"Get A Free Evaluation": Now you finally get into what a landing page is and why it's better than sending traffic to a homepage. But just -- for no reason -- including words like "for a limited time" will probably not do any difference and could be negative to your CR.

You have 3(!) different CTAs. Is that good landing page practice?

3 CTA's is stupid, true.

For a client, I would give the same advice you're giving me. Funny how perspective works sometimes. Thanks a bunch.

I'll focus on the "free evaluation" CTA, but let my email remain on page. I think it adds credibility kind of like a phone number.

Also: "Landing Page In a Day" just makes you and your work feel kinda cheap. If you have some client work and finish it in a day, they'll be more prone to nitpicking it and feeling it wasn't worth the money. Deliver them the exact same work after two weeks and they'll be more satisfied with the end result.

That's insightful. I'll change it to something more benefit oriented.

Hoppas det var konstruktivt.

Anyways, landing pages are a fun place to be. Keep us posted on your progress.

Det var det sannerligen! Thank you again!

I'll implement and report back.

Last edited:

Fathazard

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
435%
Jul 31, 2015
Sweden
This is where I'm at now:

• 1 CTA - "Get A Free Evaluation Now"
  • Reorganized the whole thing - benefits higher up, but could still be expanded upon.
  • Headline:
Does your website drive sales?
I transform important pages into customer generating machines

I should still define an audience - but I'm not sure who gets the most value out of my service.

People with huge ad budgets?
Small businesses without marketing departments?
Another niche like high-ticket adventure agencies?

Hmm. I'm going to spread this link to a few people I have worked with in the past and see how they respond.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.