The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Update

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Leigh Farrell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 27, 2017
Adelaide, South Australia
Hey Peeps,
It's been a few weeks since i last posted. You may remember i mentioned i had a great idea i was looking into.
Since then i received news that my dad has been diagnosed with an enlarged heart that is operating at 30%. He's been given medication to extend his life, but our best guess at the moment is 3 - 5 years. Because of his history with drug and alcohol abuse (and because the idiot still smokes) there's no way he'll be put onto the transplant list. This leaves the option of a mechanical heart (pump). The cost of which will no doubt be in the multi 6 figures. I'm the only one in the family even remotely capable of getting the money, so I've just been handed the ultimate WHY.
Now that we've covered that, it's time to unveil the idea.
I'm building a website where landlords will be able to review current and former tenants, and more importantly, check the database for previous reviews on prospective tenants.
I'm about half way through building version 1 of the website using wix. It'll be a minimum viable product to probe the market mind and confirm that this is a service that people will actually use. Initially, the website will be completely free to use. If market echos show that it solves a true need in the market, I'll move to phase 2 which will still be free but will have advertising which will be 100% reinvested into improving the website.
The final phase will be a cost per name search, and have added features such as credit report search, criminal history report, housing court rulings, etc.
I'd love to hear any fastlaner feedback.
Thanks,
Leigh

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Hey Peeps,
It's been a few weeks since i last posted. You may remember i mentioned i had a great idea i was looking into.
Since then i received news that my dad has been diagnosed with an enlarged heart that is operating at 30%. He's been given medication to extend his life, but our best guess at the moment is 3 - 5 years. Because of his history with drug and alcohol abuse (and because the idiot still smokes) there's no way he'll be put onto the transplant list. This leaves the option of a mechanical heart (pump). The cost of which will no doubt be in the multi 6 figures. I'm the only one in the family even remotely capable of getting the money, so I've just been handed the ultimate WHY.
Now that we've covered that, it's time to unveil the idea.
I'm building a website where landlords will be able to review current and former tenants, and more importantly, check the database for previous reviews on prospective tenants.
I'm about half way through building version 1 of the website using wix. It'll be a minimum viable product to probe the market mind and confirm that this is a service that people will actually use. Initially, the website will be completely free to use. If market echos show that it solves a true need in the market, I'll move to phase 2 which will still be free but will have advertising which will be 100% reinvested into improving the website.
The final phase will be a cost per name search, and have added features such as credit report search, criminal history report, housing court rulings, etc.
I'd love to hear any fastlaner feedback.
Thanks,
Leigh
That is an admirable cause. If you need any help on the coding side let me know. I'm currently nearing completion of a web app. Given the circumstances I'd like to see you find success.

Leigh Farrell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 27, 2017
That is an admirable cause. If you need any help on the coding side let me know. I'm currently nearing completion of a web app. Given the circumstances I'd like to see you find success.

Thanks 404. I really appreciate the offer. If i get stuck, I'll definitely hit you up.
Leigh

pranaman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 7, 2018
I'm also a health coach. I told my folks that smoking was bad when I was a kid. I don't even remember saying it. They stopped though. I'd work on stressing the importance to him. Can be hard, I'm sure, but there are free resources online, and things like acupuncture can help stop the craving, so I hear.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Leigh Farrell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Nov 27, 2017
I'm also a health coach. I told my folks that smoking was bad when I was a kid. I don't even remember saying it. They stopped though. I'd work on stressing the importance to him. Can be hard, I'm sure, but there are free resources online, and things like acupuncture can help stop the craving, so I hear.
He knows he has to stop. We've been telling him for years. He's been a ''smoker trying to quit'' since i was a kid. We tried hiding his smokes. He bought new ones.
We tried throwing them out. He bought new ones.
He's had all patches/gum/creams/potions/pills. Nothing has worked long term. He just doesn't want it bad enough.

yuriysmart

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Feb 22, 2019
I had bad habits problem in the past, but I was much younger.

I smoked, I drank alcohol, and I was obese of 130 kg by junk food.

Now, I stopped smoking 15 years ago, I have not had any alcohol (even bear) for 3.5 years. I and I lost 40 kg of my fat and keeping it off.

Currently, I am trying to start my own business to help people with these problems.

Unfortunately, this is mind set issue and you are not able to resolve this until affected person wants it.

My father in low has similar issue with health and he is still smoking. I do not believe we are able to help him at all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.