Well it's been a few weeks since I contributed to this forum. I swung by this weekend and made some quick posts and tried reading through some stuff I missed. Just wanted to let everyone know where I am at with things.
First, some know we bought a new house. I have been doing some major moving and making serious changes in my life. Things like going through every stinkin' thing my wife and I own and decluttering, tossing out things we don't need or giving them away. It's been a process and I have put a lot of other goals on hold as this will probably be more of a long term lifestyle change. We have been making some upgrades and repairs to the new house. Nothing completely major but definitely spending a majority of my time concentrating on all the details and getting to know the new house.
In the meantime I have possibly landed a couple interesting deals which will lead me to some money that could either pay off half the house or put towards improving the value of it, or putting it towards land. I haven't decided how I want to pay off the house, whether it be as quickly as possible, minimum payments, or somewhere in between.
Secondly, I have a company who is seriously interested in possibly buying out my online business. They have not offered anything yet for it and so I am not sure how much they are thinking. If I seriously did this then I would get another chunk of cash that, again, could pay down the house or go towards something like land. My wife and I want to buy some land and/or a camp on the lake. We didn't think we would be able to for at least another 10 years but with her income and if these 2 deals go through we may be able to pull it off. I am not sure what we can get approved for in loans. I am wondering if maybe paying off some of the house to show we can do it and then taking the rest for another down payment would be a good idea.
But this is where I am at. If I sell off my online business then I would be looking for a completely new FULL TIME business venture. So I have spent the last couple weeks while moving and getting my home life squared away thinking about what I would do. The other option would be to take the money from selling the business and dumping that into a new start up or I could pocket it and start fresh. I know I started my current online business with no start up money.
Anyway, this is where I am at right now with my life. Oh and I forgot to mention, we plan to sell our old house this Spring. We already might have a buyer... at least someone we know who is interested in looking at it. Let's put it this way, if we sell the old house, I make this business deal, and then sell off my business, I could take that money and probably pay off this new house completely.
Or we would continue to may minimum payments and use all that money for a down payment on something really nice. I am thinking the latter. I feel good right now because I am only 34 years old and things are looking bright.
First, some know we bought a new house. I have been doing some major moving and making serious changes in my life. Things like going through every stinkin' thing my wife and I own and decluttering, tossing out things we don't need or giving them away. It's been a process and I have put a lot of other goals on hold as this will probably be more of a long term lifestyle change. We have been making some upgrades and repairs to the new house. Nothing completely major but definitely spending a majority of my time concentrating on all the details and getting to know the new house.
In the meantime I have possibly landed a couple interesting deals which will lead me to some money that could either pay off half the house or put towards improving the value of it, or putting it towards land. I haven't decided how I want to pay off the house, whether it be as quickly as possible, minimum payments, or somewhere in between.
Secondly, I have a company who is seriously interested in possibly buying out my online business. They have not offered anything yet for it and so I am not sure how much they are thinking. If I seriously did this then I would get another chunk of cash that, again, could pay down the house or go towards something like land. My wife and I want to buy some land and/or a camp on the lake. We didn't think we would be able to for at least another 10 years but with her income and if these 2 deals go through we may be able to pull it off. I am not sure what we can get approved for in loans. I am wondering if maybe paying off some of the house to show we can do it and then taking the rest for another down payment would be a good idea.
But this is where I am at. If I sell off my online business then I would be looking for a completely new FULL TIME business venture. So I have spent the last couple weeks while moving and getting my home life squared away thinking about what I would do. The other option would be to take the money from selling the business and dumping that into a new start up or I could pocket it and start fresh. I know I started my current online business with no start up money.
Anyway, this is where I am at right now with my life. Oh and I forgot to mention, we plan to sell our old house this Spring. We already might have a buyer... at least someone we know who is interested in looking at it. Let's put it this way, if we sell the old house, I make this business deal, and then sell off my business, I could take that money and probably pay off this new house completely.
Or we would continue to may minimum payments and use all that money for a down payment on something really nice. I am thinking the latter. I feel good right now because I am only 34 years old and things are looking bright.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
