The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

UPC / BARCODE help

dbeck29

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 4, 2008
I am bringing my first product to market right now and I am designing the packaging. I am at the point where I need to create a bar code / UPC label and I am a bit lost right now. I have looked online and found a plethora of resources but nothing is exactly clear, everybody trying to sell their system.

Has anybody been down this path? Any info and direction would be great. Right now I am leaning towards hooking up with GS1 US BarCodes and eCom Home, home of the U.P.C. bar code
but like i said, this is my first time so before I jump in head first I thought somebody might already have been down this path.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Geoff

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 10, 2009
GS1US is the worldwide resource for where you can obtain UPC Barcodes. Although it might not be in your best interest to go through them. GS1US is a bit costly for what you actually are getting. Expect to spend around an initial start-up fee of $1500 and a yearly renewal of $500 or so. Bit rip off if you ask me. There other ways to obtain a UPC Code for your product.
One is to go through a UPC Barcode Reseller. There are many sources online. The company I & many of my other networkers used is Qualityupc.com
All in all it'll cost you less than a GS1 membership and you're getting the same product.
No yearly renewals no start up fees.
Good luck

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
I have codes with teh GS1US .. it cost me $700 to start and around $130 a year. The benefit is having the code go to your business and not some other company. .. although I haven't experienced a win with this yet. Also, I have more than one product.

I also have barcode wizard that came with the Corel Suite. I can make an image for you .. it's easy! You don't have to pay lots of money for labels etc. when you can make your own.

PM me

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!