The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unscripted from the East Coast!

Ramarka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 21, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm about seven hours in the unscripted audiobook and now looking forward to every car ride! I have spent 16 years in the military and I had a "F*ck this" moment around March of last year. I'm not saying the military didn't provide me with a comfortable life, but just felt like I could be doing so much more with it. I applied for the Amazon DSP entrepreneurship program in late March and after several months of interviews and paperwork submissions, I got accepted into the program in August.

At this point I had a choice; ride it out until 20 and collect retirement, or quit now and start my own logistics company. Needless to say, I wouldn't be on this forum, if I choose the former. A lot of my colleagues have called me crazy. "It's only four more years!", "You're practically there!", "Do you really want to lose out on the health insurance and guaranteed income?". At the time I hadn't heard of the script, but it seemed wrong that few people supported my decision. Well I'm happy to say that I filed for my business entity last Friday after receiving my offer letter. MJ Logistics, LLC (merely coincidental, I chose the name before stumbling on MJ's book ) will be coming online in early March and I'm never looking back. I look forward to gaining further insight from the book and the unscripted in this forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Ramarka, I wish you the best of luck in your venture.

Should you run into specific problems in your journey, feel free to share and will see if I can offer any valuable advice.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, hope you enjoy the rest of Unscripted .

Ramarka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 21, 2020
Hey Ramarka, I wish you the best of luck in your venture.

Should you run into specific problems in your journey, feel free to share and will see if I can offer any valuable advice.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)
Champion,

Thanks for reaching out. Right now it's a waiting game until my business entity is approved by the state. Just out of curiosity, do you have any recommendations for companies that provide health and general liability insurance (worker's comp)?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Champion,

Thanks for reaching out. Right now it's a waiting game until my business entity is approved by the state. Just out of curiosity, do you have any recommendations for companies that provide health and general liability insurance (worker's comp)?

Hey, sorry unfortunately cant give you much advice in that regard, I live in Germany so im sure its very different.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
provide health and general liability insurance (worker's comp)
Are you going to actually have a payroll? If so Gusto (some sort of web app thing) is an easy way to do all of that, and they have pay as you go comp insurance through The Hartford, which I've only heard good things about for their other products (general liability, etc) on here.

Idk about health insurance... I think Gusto has a hookup for that as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...