The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(Unlike Any Other) "The Nine Laws" by Ivan Throne

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

For years, I had been addicted to information.
Reading & reading and improving myself incrementally,
but as a result, Not Improving Exponentially.

The Bookshelf is Clear, Aside From Two Books:
The Millionaire Fastlane & The Nine Laws.
Essentially, a book for mastering business and a book for mastering everything else.

The Nine Laws is Incomparable.
It is as if the Author rolled together the collective writings of Robert Greene, Nassim Taleb, and other brilliant timeless strategists and philosophers.

Yet, it is not a regurgitation but rather a beautiful expansion of the author's applied lessons.
The author is a master of language - every page is layered deep.
There is plenty not immediately understood, but this book is a living, breathing work.

Of course, the book may not be for everyone.
Ivan Throne goes by "Dark Triad Man" on twitter and runs a website by the same name. The book comes with applicable exercises that will throw you through the ringer.
But if you wish, the author will take you deep - showing you how far the rabbit hole goes.
Best Book of 2016 with nothing to compare.

The author has an ebook "classic version" that is 50 pages. You can get the free PDF here.

(NOTE: I have no association to the author. The above link is just to a PDF. I wanted to share since it had not been mentioned on the forum yet, and it's a diamond. If you want to get the full version, just Google it).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
I still don't know what to think of this "dark triad" philosophy. It basically promotes narcissism, psychopathy, and machiavellianism.

On one hand I understand that sometimes you need to use those tactics to get the upper hand in business and social settings but it all seems so f*cked up lol.

Whatever happened to just being a good human being that provides value to everyone?

The only time you should use these tactics is when you sense that someone is using them on you. That's when you need to fight fire with fire.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
I just hate how human beings have to do shit like this and resort to creating these sort of methods and ways of thinking.

Nobody wants to live in a world full of narcissists, psychopaths, and people willing do anything to get what they want.

Yet human beings still resort to this type of behavior and create the conditions to make those specific types of people succeed in this world.

I so often hear analogies and statements that human beings are animals and these sort of behaviors are normal and should be encouraged.

But we're not animals lol. We were given a creative and inquisitive mind and the ability to do almost anything, animals don't have that power.

I guess I'm just being an idealist.

Brian Graham

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 22, 2016
Oklahoma, USA
I will give it a read and let you know what I think. Is it worth reading the full 300+ page book on amazon? Or is the pdf you linked sufficient to grasp all the ideas?

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Wow, "Ivan Throne" is still around? Can't believe it. Made a huge push into the guru market on New Years day a couple years back.

In case no one has noticed, there's a certain subset of the internet that likes to sell "the truth" about "being a man" to the young, frustrated, and lost men in the newest generation. Usually built on the back of faulty evo-psych arguments that have been disproven time and time again, but they ignore that info for the sake of remaining in their confirmation bubbles. (and sales haha)

Don't drink the kool-aid.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

thanks , i have ordered it

by the way if i had to keep just one book among the hundreds i have, it would be that :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0835126420/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

everyday , i am amazed that such unbelievable informations are free to buy

all the entire military systems of the world are based on that and it is free to grab like a stupid novel for kids

it should be classified as secret defense or something like it was until 1941

this is unbelievable

yes you can't understand what i mean because you don't have the frame of mind to use it so you think this is a trivial book

but who knows what could happen when the right IQ comes to grab and use these informations

secret-art-of-war-to-close-every-sale-18-638.jpg

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

I understand everyone's concern about the Dark Triad.
It is best to approach this material from the same standpoint as say,
Machiavelli's "The Prince" or Greene's "48 Laws of Power."

At the VERY least, understand the material so you may protect yourself.
But utilize ethically, at your own risk.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Wow, "Ivan Throne" is still around? Can't believe it. Made a huge push into the guru market on New Years day a couple years back.

In case no one has noticed, there's a certain subset of the internet that likes to sell "the truth" about "being a man" to the young, frustrated, and lost men in the newest generation. Usually built on the back of faulty evo-psych arguments that have been disproven time and time again, but they ignore that info for the sake of remaining in their confirmation bubbles. (and sales haha)

Don't drink the kool-aid.

I Understand, Been around the Alpha-Male author circlejerk for a few years.
Some of it's Useful.
At this point, Most is Not.

Not Sure Though.
This Author Seems Different.
Especially Since He pulls a lot of inspiration from multiple sources.

Last edited by a moderator:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
what is the synthesis of all these books ?

dark triad, art of war, 48 laws of power , machiavel, pick up artist stuff and hundreds of others books ?

the main point is that life is a game

whether it be :

women ( book "The game" by neil strauss )

business

power

whatever,

life is a fight in a giant game

there are 2 players : you and the world arround

260px-Chess_board_opening_staunton.jpg

you have to bend the world to your will in order to have the good life

you want a girlfriend ?

you have to seduce here : chekmate 1-0

chess-board.jpg

how_to_seduce_a_woman.jpg

you want financial freedom ?

you have to win against adversity and competition

chekmate 1-0

chess-board.jpg

moneyHandshake.jpg

and so on

authors have well understood life

masters versus beginners : chekmate 1-0

pawns_in_the_game.jpg

Last edited:

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
what is the synthesis of all these books ?

dark triad, art of war, 48 laws of power , machiavel, pick up artist stuff and hundreds of others books ?

the main point is that life is a game

whether it be :

women ( book "The game" by neil strauss )

business

power

whatever,

life is a fight in a giant game

there are 2 players : you and the world arround

View attachment 13829

you have to bend the world to your will in order to have the good life

you want a girlfriend ?

you have to seduce here : chekmate 1-0

View attachment 13826

View attachment 13827

you want financial freedom ?

you have to win against adversity and competition

chekmate 1-0

View attachment 13826

View attachment 13828

and so on

authors have well understood life

masters versus beginners : chekmate 1-0

View attachment 13830

What's the point of applying a zero-sum game mindset / decision-making framework to a world of increasing abundance?

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
What's the point of applying a zero-sum game mindset / decision-making framework to a world of increasing abundance?

i took the chess example but you can take any game you want

the point is life is a battle

in chess the game is a zero sum only if the 2 opponents have the same level of understanding of the game

theory is not practice

in chess, players are rated from 0 to 3000 elo

beginners are 1000 elo

the world chess champion is 2850 elo

this means that beginners can't win against the world champion in a million years whether the game is zero sum or whatever

i have been studying people in power for 10 years

in this game called ' society" my conclusions are :

1) you, the readers are 1500 elo ( club player)

you accept society's BS, you don't question anything, you are the energy of the system

2) i am 2400 elo ( international master) since i am not a member of this system , i don't vote, i don't endorse stupidity . i do research

3) the masters of the world are 3000 elo ( computer level . world champion ). they make the rules , they do whatever they want

they have knowledge not shared with the masses and so on

yes you won't believe me and i can predict your response because it is based on human psychology and cognitive biases

since you won't believe me, i suggest you go here to have a taste of reality :

MICHAEL TSARION HOMEPAGE.

Last edited:

Utopia

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2016
Traveling
For years, I had been addicted to information.
Reading & reading and improving myself incrementally,
but as a result, Not Improving Exponentially.

Essentially, a book for mastering business and a book for mastering everything else.

The Nine Laws is Incomparable.
It is as if the Author rolled together the collective writings of Robert Greene, Nassim Taleb, and other brilliant timeless strategists and philosophers.

Yet, it is not a regurgitation but rather a beautiful expansion of the author's applied lessons.
The author is a master of language - every page is layered deep.
There is plenty not immediately understood, but this book is a living, breathing work.

Of course, the book may not be for everyone.
Ivan Throne goes by "Dark Triad Man" on twitter and runs a website by the same name. The book comes with applicable exercises that will throw you through the ringer.
But if you wish, the author will take you deep - showing you how far the rabbit hole goes.
Best Book of 2016 with nothing to compare.

The author has an ebook "classic version" that is 50 pages. You can get the free PDF here.

(NOTE: I have no association to the author. The above link is just to a PDF. I wanted to share since it had not been mentioned on the forum yet, and it's a diamond. If you want to get the full version, just Google it).
Man sell us just a little better on this. For example, this book has x and it will give you y if you read it. I see you are passionate about it, but I have no idea what I am getting into here. It's because of @GMSI7D I wanna take a look.

in chess the game is a zero sum only if the 2 opponents have the same level of understanding of the game

theory is not practice

beginners are 1000 elo

this means that beginners can't win against the world champion in a million years whether the game is zero sum or whatever

you accept society's BS, you don't question anything, you are the energy of the system

2) i am 2400 elo ( international master) since i am not a member of this system , i don't vote, i don't endorse stupidity . i do research

3) the masters of the world are 3000 elo ( computer level . world champion ). they make the rules , they do whatever they want

yes you won't believe me and i can predict your response because it is based on human psychology and cognitive biases

Interesting perspective, gonna check it out.

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US

theory is not practice

beginners are 1000 elo

Chess is zero-sum, period. (You might have confused zero-sum with being game theory optimal).

Zero Sum :
adjective
  1. (of a game or situation) in which whatever is gained by one side is lost by the other.
Whereas life and business are not.

When I give my money to a business, I do it in exchange for a product or service which I believe has greater value than my money.

48 Laws of Power, Might is Right, The Game (and similar books) were books I read when I was desperate, frustrated, and lacking what I wanted in life.

They did have an impact and I made changes, but the negative far outweighed the good.

I approached each interaction from a standpoint of 'what can I get?', 'what can I win?', 'what will this do for me?'

This came naturally to me as a professional poker player.

The problem with a zero-sum mindset is it's based on a premise of scarcity.

What's the point applying a scarcity based mindset to a world of increasing abundance?

I checked out the link you posted to Michael Tsarion's website and here's what I found:

"Born in Northern Ireland, Michael Tsarion is an expert on the occult histories of Ireland and America. He is author of the acclaimed books Atlantis, Alien Visitation and Genetic Manipulation, The Irish Origins of Civilization, Astro-Theology and Sidereal Mythology, The Trees of Life: Exposing the Art of Holy Deception, Disciples of the Mysterium, Schelling: Understanding German Idealism, Path of the Fool and Cards on Houses.
Michael gives outstanding presentations on:
  • The Western Magical Tradition
  • The Hermetic Arts of Divination
  • Atlantis & Prehistoric Ages
  • Ancient Ireland & the Druids
  • Astro-Theology
  • The Origins of Evil
  • Secret Societies
  • The Female Illuminati
  • War on Consciousness
  • Subversive Use of Sacred Symbolism
  • Symbolic Literacy
  • Psychic Vampirism "

The 'mentors' I look up to nowadays are people like MJ DeMarco, Andy Friscella, and Elon Musk.

These men are self-made, wealthy entrepreneurs who promote a mindset of creating value and serving others.

Most of us here know about MJ DeMarco and Elon Musk's background.

Here's Andy Friscella's:

"Seventeen years ago, me and my best friend, Chris, started our first Supplement Superstore in Springfield, Missouri. Our first day in business we sold $7. It took 8 months to have a day over $200. It took us 7 more years to earn more than $695 a month. In our 10th year in business we were able to finally take home $45,000 a year each. We survived those years by any means necessary. Living in the back of the store for the first two years, bartending and bouncing at night, doing odd jobs all the while taking VERY SMALL steps forward.

Today, our companies, Supplement Superstores, 1st Phorm International, Alpine Sports Products, Carbon Fire Nutrition, Paradise Distribution & Frisella & Klein Enterprises which sell, manufacture & distribute fitness, nutrition, and weight loss products, enjoy sales in excess of $100 million a year."

For me now, it's an easy choice who I would prefer to listen to.

My reason for writing this post is to share my experience with any young guys out there who are desperately looking for sources of info to achieve what they want in life.

Making your decisions from a framework of selfishness may get you further than you are, but ultimately it becomes harder and harder as you move up levels in that game.

Who do you want to be when you look in the mirror? What types of people do you want to be surrounded by?

For me personally, I want to be an entrepreneur who provide unique value to my customers and be surrounded by like-minded, generous people as opposed to a power player who's always scheming my next plan of attack and surrounded by frenemies.

Here's my own link suggestion:

Be An Ethical Entrepreneur, with Andy Frisella - MFCEO3

Snoophek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Oct 8, 2016
Dark Triad is needed.

But it is just a step in the journey.

Maybe you have different experiences - you could have had an easy childhood or found a mentor early in life. But for us - men who suffered in one way or the other - Dark Triad is necessary. We are damaged people and what is most important for us, is to learn to love ourselves first.

You are right saying we are young, frustrated and lost. This is what life gave to us.

And now we are trying to fix it.

How would you like us to love others when we can't love ourselves? Hopefully, Dark Triad is just a step, not a destination.

The steps are:
- Being beaten, depressed and having no purpose in life
- Taking responsibility
- Becoming selfish, narcissistic and amoral
- Realizing that selfishness never brings happiness
- ???

Right now I'm exiting the 'Dark Triad' and entering the 'value giver' phase. I start thinking more about other people and what I can give to them. Most importantly - what I can give to the world. But I wouldn't be able to do so, without first experiencing how is it like to be 'evil' and 'selfish'.

So, is Dark Triad good? No.

But it is needed.

Utopia

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2016
Traveling
Chess is zero-sum, period. (You might have confused zero-sum with being game theory optimal).

Zero Sum :
adjective
  1. (of a game or situation) in which whatever is gained by one side is lost by the other.
Whereas life and business are not.

When I give my money to a business, I do it in exchange for a product or service which I believe has greater value than my money.

48 Laws of Power, Might is Right, The Game (and similar books) were books I read when I was desperate, frustrated, and lacking what I wanted in life.

They did have an impact and I made changes, but the negative far outweighed the good.

I approached each interaction from a standpoint of 'what can I get?', 'what can I win?', 'what will this do for me?'

This came naturally to me as a professional poker player.

The problem with a zero-sum mindset is it's based on a premise of scarcity.

What's the point applying a scarcity based mindset to a world of increasing abundance?

I checked out the link you posted to Michael Tsarion's website and here's what I found:

"Born in Northern Ireland, Michael Tsarion is an expert on the occult histories of Ireland and America. He is author of the acclaimed books Atlantis, Alien Visitation and Genetic Manipulation, The Irish Origins of Civilization, Astro-Theology and Sidereal Mythology, The Trees of Life: Exposing the Art of Holy Deception, Disciples of the Mysterium, Schelling: Understanding German Idealism, Path of the Fool and Cards on Houses.
Michael gives outstanding presentations on:
  • The Western Magical Tradition
  • The Hermetic Arts of Divination
  • Atlantis & Prehistoric Ages
  • Ancient Ireland & the Druids
  • Astro-Theology
  • The Origins of Evil
  • Secret Societies
  • The Female Illuminati
  • War on Consciousness
  • Subversive Use of Sacred Symbolism
  • Symbolic Literacy
  • Psychic Vampirism "

The 'mentors' I look up to nowadays are people like MJ DeMarco, Andy Friscella, and Elon Musk.

These men are self-made, wealthy entrepreneurs who promote a mindset of creating value and serving others.

Most of us here know about MJ DeMarco and Elon Musk's background.

Here's Andy Friscella's:

"Seventeen years ago, me and my best friend, Chris, started our first Supplement Superstore in Springfield, Missouri. Our first day in business we sold $7. It took 8 months to have a day over $200. It took us 7 more years to earn more than $695 a month. In our 10th year in business we were able to finally take home $45,000 a year each. We survived those years by any means necessary. Living in the back of the store for the first two years, bartending and bouncing at night, doing odd jobs all the while taking VERY SMALL steps forward.

Today, our companies, Supplement Superstores, 1st Phorm International, Alpine Sports Products, Carbon Fire Nutrition, Paradise Distribution & Frisella & Klein Enterprises which sell, manufacture & distribute fitness, nutrition, and weight loss products, enjoy sales in excess of $100 million a year."

For me now, it's an easy choice who I would prefer to listen to.

My reason for writing this post is to share my experience with any young guys out there who are desperately looking for sources of info to achieve what they want in life.

Making your decisions from a framework of selfishness may get you further than you are, but ultimately it becomes harder and harder as you move up levels in that game.

Who do you want to be when you look in the mirror? What types of people do you want to be surrounded by?

For me personally, I want to be an entrepreneur who provide unique value to my customers and be surrounded by like-minded, generous people as opposed to a power player who's always scheming my next plan of attack and surrounded by frenemies.

Here's my own link suggestion:

Be An Ethical Entrepreneur, with Andy Frisella - MFCEO3
Interesting post here and I can tell you're passionate about this. You are under the impression that life is not a zero sum game. As the definition of the law of matter states:
1) Two matters containing mass cannot occupy in the same space and time.
2) Matter cannot be created or destroyed.

Reference Matter cannot be created or destroyed?

It must be stated that I wholeheartedly agree with abundance and giving value and even as this is so, it is not the case that these two things are mutually exclusive. In the end we all die. Nothing is gained and we all end up in the ground to contribute to something else as a new form. The spiritual part you can debate, but going back into the Earth will always be true.

48 Laws of Power is absolutely one of the best books I've ever read and you are totally right in that if you come at it from scarcity than it is not going to work and might just limit you.

See a different side of this power thing, I have. Mentioned earlier was some talk about dark people being messed up or something. I don't think this is true since people are only doing the best they can. However there comes a point in a person's development when what is in their best interest, is also in the best interest of the tribe (the community, the town, the city, the country, or the world in which they reside in).

While the examples presented above are such of Chinese dictators that ruled with force, could you imagine if they had weak leaders who led their people to destruction (these were the people conquered). Power is not a bad thing and this is a dangerous thing to fear power.

There is a reason Elon Musk is at where he is. Whether consciously guys like him use 48 Laws of Power and books such as this is irrelevant, what is true is that the people need leaders like this and we are better off for people like this to be in places of power.

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
You might want to read about Marcus Aurelius if you think you can't be a 'strong leader' and benevolent at the same time and having success(personal & community).

Also I would like to point out that there is a reason almost every single religion has the love as a core principle. Because it is evolutionary proven to work better (see tit for tat game game theory), that is (partialy) the reason their books are still relevant 2000 years later.

Now that doesn't mean you should stop looking for yourself. Just that 'I-want-everything-you-get-what-is-left' mentality is fundamentally wrong.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.