I often have trouble opening up to friends/acquaintances. I would rather give a speech to hundreds of people than go to a high school reunion. I think this is because when giving a speech, I am in complete control. I direct the speech exactly how I see fit. When talking to old friends at the reunion however, I don't open up because I know they won't understand the path I'm on. It isn't that I'm worried what they will think, I just know they won't understand so I don't bother explaining. I have always found myself directing conversation the way I want it to go.
For example, someone would ask me;
"So, what have you been doing? I haven't seen you in 2 years."
Me; "Oh, just working mainly. What about you? How is little Johnny doing?"
Then they proceed to tell me about their family life and I act interested. I don't think this right or wrong, it is just what I do.
So recently, I had a friend tell me about a personality test he took. He explained it to me and it intrigued me enough to try it.
The test can be found here ( I am in no way affiliated with the test or the site providing it)
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
Keep in mind it is an internet personality test. I recommend you take it and see how closely you feel the results describe YOU. I found my results probably describe me with 80% - 90% accuracy. Some of the things that didn't really describe me are areas I am trying to improve.
SO WHAT'S THE POINT???
So far I've just been babbling about me. So here are some of the take-aways.
YOU:
Every personality type has strengths and weaknesses. I recommend writing down your weaknesses and work on making them strengths.
YOUR EMPLOYEES:
Because everyone has certain strengths and weaknesses, being able to identify them can help you place the right people in the right position. For example; An ISFJ personality type would make a great employee. They usually work great with people and are generally pleasant in workplace while staying focused on getting things done. However they will probably make poor managers. Better management material would be found in someone with a more outgoing personality type, such as a ESTJ.
It is important to understand the personality types of your employees, but be careful to not discriminate against anyone.
YOUR TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC:
Four of the personality types make up anywhere from 37% - 53% of the population. I recommend you read the traits of each one, as they will probably make up a large portion of your target demographic.
They are linked here:
ESFJ
ESTJ
ISFJ
ISTJ
Let me know if the links don't work.
Once again. I suggest you take the test yourself and judge how accurate it is. I found it useful, but you might take it with a grain of salt.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/personality/estj
For example, someone would ask me;
"So, what have you been doing? I haven't seen you in 2 years."
Me; "Oh, just working mainly. What about you? How is little Johnny doing?"
Then they proceed to tell me about their family life and I act interested. I don't think this right or wrong, it is just what I do.
So recently, I had a friend tell me about a personality test he took. He explained it to me and it intrigued me enough to try it.
The test can be found here ( I am in no way affiliated with the test or the site providing it)
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
Keep in mind it is an internet personality test. I recommend you take it and see how closely you feel the results describe YOU. I found my results probably describe me with 80% - 90% accuracy. Some of the things that didn't really describe me are areas I am trying to improve.
SO WHAT'S THE POINT???
So far I've just been babbling about me. So here are some of the take-aways.
YOU:
Every personality type has strengths and weaknesses. I recommend writing down your weaknesses and work on making them strengths.
YOUR EMPLOYEES:
Because everyone has certain strengths and weaknesses, being able to identify them can help you place the right people in the right position. For example; An ISFJ personality type would make a great employee. They usually work great with people and are generally pleasant in workplace while staying focused on getting things done. However they will probably make poor managers. Better management material would be found in someone with a more outgoing personality type, such as a ESTJ.
It is important to understand the personality types of your employees, but be careful to not discriminate against anyone.
YOUR TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC:
Four of the personality types make up anywhere from 37% - 53% of the population. I recommend you read the traits of each one, as they will probably make up a large portion of your target demographic.
They are linked here:
ESFJ
ESTJ
ISFJ
ISTJ
Let me know if the links don't work.
Once again. I suggest you take the test yourself and judge how accurate it is. I found it useful, but you might take it with a grain of salt.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/personality/estj
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
