The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Under a single brand or a new one?

Puripong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
May 19, 2016
I'm currently doing natural aromatherapy business. We are a startup and our products range are our unique essential oil blends made from 100% essential oils. Our product focus on sleep aid and our position is for peoples who are looking for a therapeutic results not just solely on scents.

Since our first day we have a few sales and have some loyal customer due to the quality. However the product itself is too expensive from many people perspective. Even our price is a lot cheaper compared to a famous local brand but their are aged for 8-12 years while we are just a new guy for a few months. Yet there are many customers who do not need therapeutic results but only a good scents.

So I have devised a new plan about create another line of products. This new line will contain both natural and fragrances. There will have a unique selling point on aroma and uniqueness scents available only in our brand. I tend to focus on peoples who are looking for add good atmosphere in their home as home fragrance and not need on therapeutic results. This way I can create a cheaper product so it could be affordable for many peoples around here.

My question - Should I put this new line into a current brand or into a new one. The current brand position is pure natural. Even if I do tell customers a truth about our new line product that they contains fragrance and not pure but I'm afraid it might ruin my current brand position. Could you guys please give me an opinion on this?

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChapoJR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 9, 2017
Ireland
Give 'Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind' by Al Ries/Jack Trout a read, it covers the dilemma you're facing quite well.

Rather than having one of us try and solve your own very specific problem for you, you'd have better results reading something relative to what you're struggling with and figuring it out for yourself.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
My question - Should I put this new line into a current brand or into a new one. The current brand position is pure natural. Even if I do tell customers a truth about our new line product that they contains fragrance and not pure but I'm afraid it might ruin my current brand position. Could you guys please give me an opinion on this?
My opinion is to suggest using a new product brand, and differentiate if from your existing. Focus on the strengths of each, it's not at all uncommon.

For example, General Motors is a huge automobile manufacturer. They produce the Buick, Cadillac, GMC & Chevrolet brands...just to name a few. The Cadillac is positioned very differently in the market from the Chevrolet. You can do the same with your products.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.