The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

U.S. Economy Could Recover Sooner Than Expected

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well that would go against my predictions ... but guess what? I'd rather be WRONG and have the economy recover than be RIGHT!!! :eusa_clap:

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
Ditto MJ, there are basic economics that seem to be forgotten by most so called experts, at least that I've seen, but that's just my opinion

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I'm in the wait and see camp right now.

I don't want to get my hopes up only to have it come crashing down again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dnuge3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 4, 2009
USA
We are still working out the kinks, no doubt. I'm just happy to see some good news for once. I am still a bit of a wait and see guy, but on the more optimistic side.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
it's a flip of the coin that will go either way. We are about to enter the unknown.... never before has so much money been injected into the economy via financial sector .

the devil's advocate says: what happens if the government's 1.3 trillion dollar "get out of jail free card" doesn't work? it will be ugly as soon as inflation starts driving debt payments higher.

I live by a mantra that short term solutions almost always fail.

dnuge3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 4, 2009
USA
I think the important thing that this "bail-out" is doing is providing the populous with some confidence in the system. If we allowed it to completely auto-correct, by itself, I would think that a lot of people would begin to stuff their mattresses. They would probably pull out all their money and then the economy would truly suffer. Considering globalization, it could have potentially decimated the economy beyond what could be easily repaired, and we'd be in real trouble. I think there is a time for true capitalism and free markets but, I also feel that there is a time when government spending and "bail-outs" are necessary.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattThomas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 16, 2009
Long Island, New York
From the article:

Among the reasons for the new optimism: a significant easing of the credit crunch, improvement in consumer spending—including better auto sales—a potential bottom in housing, a less-grim jobs picture and expectations that the government's massive stimulus spending could start boosting economic growth almost immediately.

I have read this recently in other sources as well. There were some recent economic indicators released such as an increase in retail sales, but still poor job numbers. The suggestion from the other source I read this from (can't remember where) was that the economy has either bottomed out or is approaching the bottom, which is a VERY reassuring sign. To me, knowing where the bottom is (especially if it is close) rather than not knowing how much further you have to fall is really great news for everyone.

I have noticed some optimism in the stock market, and my local malls have been MUCH busier recently. I feel that people are just tired of being afraid and are feeling more confident in the future prospects of our economy.

Great news!

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
We will pull through, for all our problems our economy is still the best in the world and strong.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.