The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Turning website hits into $$$

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I know a lot of people on this site specialize in web businesses. I have what I think is a great idea. The thing is, the idea can generate a lot of traffic, but having never done a web business, I don't know how to turn that traffic into money. I don't know what I can say about the site(have read the other web guys here say don't talk specifically about what you do/are going to do) Let's pretend you don't sell products on the site. What are all of the ways you would try and make money? I know general stuff(google ads, affiliate links, etc...) What else? What would your goals be to create maximum revenue for the site? I just got off the phone talking to biophase and going over my idea with him and he thinks it may be able to generate 10,000 hits/day if that helps give an idea. How do I turn those hits into $$ since I'm not selling anything. Web gurus?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
1. Include Google Adsense on your web pages. Google delivers text and image ads that are targeted to your site and its content. When people click on an ad, you will receive a portion of the amount paid to Google by the advertiser. On average, you can expect to receive anywhere between 2 cents to a dollar per click, depending on the keyword.

2. Make money selling other people's products and services through affiliate programs. Each program you register for should provide you with an affiliate link to track your referrals. Depending on the program, you will normally be paid on a per sale basis or for each sign-up you generate.

3. Sell advertising space on your web site. You could sell banner and/or classified ads. If you want to make additional money, sell sponsor ads and place them is a special section or towards the top of your website for the most exposure.

4. If you have enough web space available on your server, you could rent web pages to other people. You could also give the web pages away for free, but include your banner or advertisement on them to generate income for yourself.

5. Charge people a fee to access a dedicated part of your website. People will pay you money for your website content if it's valuable to them. The content can be ebooks, reports, software, etc.

6. Sell your own products or services. Of course, they should be related to your target audience. You will also want the ability to securely accept credit card payments directly from your website. Other forms of payment such as PayPal, ClickBank, etc. is also preferred. Delivery of your product should be as fast as possible.

7. Publish an e-zine from your website. Have people subscribe to the e-zine right from your web site. In addition to direct sales of products or services you are promoting, you could sell classified or sponsor advertising inside your e-zine.

M-M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 27, 2007
NC
Very good topic as I am in the same boat. I came up with what I think is a unique idea (haven't found anything like it) that has huge potential and I have tons of questions.

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
Offer some sort of free report, multi day email course or Ezine as Peter2 has suggested, to build your prospect list.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Who would've tought snowbank / Billy will be as successful as he is today? :)

I know a lot of people on this site specialize in web businesses. I have what I think is a great idea. The thing is, the idea can generate a lot of traffic, but having never done a web business, I don't know how to turn that traffic into money. I don't know what I can say about the site(have read the other web guys here say don't talk specifically about what you do/are going to do) Let's pretend you don't sell products on the site. What are all of the ways you would try and make money? I know general stuff(google ads, affiliate links, etc...) What else? What would your goals be to create maximum revenue for the site? I just got off the phone talking to biophase and going over my idea with him and he thinks it may be able to generate 10,000 hits/day if that helps give an idea. How do I turn those hits into $$ since I'm not selling anything. Web gurus?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.