The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trying to decide a name for a web-design company: Elvis Studio

SameerElvis

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Feb 7, 2013
Aligarh, India
Hello Fastlaners,

I'm trying to decide a name for my web-design company, which will soon be getting an office in New Delhi next year.

Since I'm a hardcore Elvis Presley fan, I've decided to re-name it after him (as a tribute), and I think "Elvis Studio" is a pretty good one, with the tagline being "The King of Web Design" (Elvis was known as "The King of Rock n Roll"). However, I'm open to suggestions especially regarding the suffix, i.e. 'Studio'. ElvisDesign.com is taken, so that isn't an option.

Elvis International sounds good but it looks like we'd be projecting too big an image with that name at this moment. I'd maybe setup my outsourcing arm with that name later on.

Another name that I have in mind is 'Elvis Interactive' or 'Elvis Digital'.

So please, put forward your ideas and help a fellow fastlane warrior out. I'd be so grateful. :)

Also I guess this name wouldn't have any legal issues, since I don't think 'Elvis Presley' or 'Elvis' would be a trademarked term for web design - and then I'm in India anyway. There's plenty of companies here with the name 'Elvis' operating in other industries anyway.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser2

so, a word about trademarks.

if you use Elvis, at some point, if you really grow,

you will find yourself on the other side of the Elvis estate, saying stop.

I have have 2 letters on that very topic from them :)

ya you can get a way with it.
you can trample on other peoples trade marks, and intellectual property.

BUT

Do you really want to be known as the guy who ignores other peoples trademarks, and IP, when your selling a webdesign service?

to me, says. ya, he will steal my stuff....

Just saying...

Z

SameerElvis

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Feb 7, 2013
Aligarh, India
You're right about that. Actually, if I do grow and expand to USA, UK etc I can always use a separate name over there. Moreover, since we are in a completely different and unrelated industry, I don't think it would violate trademark laws or that EPE would even care. I am just doing this as a tribute, rather than taking advantage of his IP.

Also, I kind of like Elvis Interactive the best out of all of these. What do you think?

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
Do what is best for the business, not what you personally like. Having a business with different names in different countries or having a business that, as zen******* states, ignores people's trademarks, is not how you want to start out. Elvis is a name that is instantly reconized world wise (like Michael Jaskson, Disney, etc).
You seem determined on this name...but again....I suggest you reconsider the underlying reasons. If I were you, I would change the name (you don't want to be a 'me too' business...you want to be your own...with your own name) and when you make money, go out and buy yourself a a white care with interior fringe and name it Elvis.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RobynM

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jan 11, 2012
UK
I agree with zen******* and Alana.

Plus, the name doesn't sound professional in this industry imo. Too cheesy and I wouldn't take it seriously.

I'd go for a name you can make your own and one that could be the go to for Web Design, rather than Oh "Elvis Studio" ... is this a company that does tours of Elvis's studio? I kid I kid, but you know what I'm getting at :).

You can still quietly idolize Elvis without your business or clients knowing hehe JMO

thanks

SameerElvis

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Feb 7, 2013
Aligarh, India
Haha you guys are right. I'm better off with a more professional name. I will think up of something nice. Thanks! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.