The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Transitioning from employee to entrepreneur!!

mehul-x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 16, 2020
I just left a full time job and getting into entrepreneurship world with an ambition to develop a solid product.
Carrying a good track record in software development, business analysis and project management.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoldRider

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 4, 2012
I just left a full time job and getting into entrepreneurship world with an ambition to develop a solid product.
Carrying a good track record in software development, business analysis and project management.
Can you share some online resources for business analysis , as you have experience in this field.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum, that sounds like a solid combination of skills. I look forward to your success.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Welcome on Board! I just started, too on this forum. Sounds like a valuable combination of knowledge and skills you have! Curious how you'll transform it into a business! Wish you all the best - see you around!

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
While I would like to say congrats, I cannot miss asking the obvious question, what was your plan before you quit your job?. I was so sick of working for someone else that I quit in 2015 without solid plans, I started developing an Android app even when my Android development skills were subpar, by the time I launch the app 4 months later, the product was not ready, I have run out of money, it was not easy getting freelance jobs, the wife can no longer tolerate excuses so I went back to the cubicle!

This time I am waiting to finish building a much better version of that app I attempted in 2015, I am looking to have more savings, and looking to get traction before I exit the Salary addiction for good. I am concerned about the appearance of a lack of preparedness before stepping out to the cold world of being on your own.

Having said that, here is where I suggest.
  1. Start a technical blog right away, no planning, no overthinking it, get going writing on the software development topic that you know.
  2. Aim for 25 to 30 good posts, with code samples and over 2000 words
  3. Join developer groups in LinkedIn, Facebook, etc
  4. Share each post to these groups and answer related questions in Quora and point back to your post
  5. Select about 12 of your best posts, refine, edit and publish as eBook in Leanpup and then export from Leanpup and also publish in Amazon
  6. Open a services page in your blog and start accepting freelance work, at this time you should be receiving inquiries for Freelance work.
  7. Convert your eBook into an Udemy Course
  8. Continue to write more post and create more Udemy course until your Udemy income, eBook sales ($29 minimum) replaces your last job income.
  9. You can do these in 6-8 months now that you have nothing but time on your hand.
  10. Then look up, think big and create a digital product once you no have the pressure to have income coming.
Goodluck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...