The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Transitioning from employee to entrepreneur!!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

mehul-x

New Contributor
Jan 16, 2020
I just left a full time job and getting into entrepreneurship world with an ambition to develop a solid product.
Carrying a good track record in software development, business analysis and project management.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

elusive97

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Nov 28, 2019
Yorkshire
Welcome! :)

GoldRider

New Contributor
Dec 4, 2012
I just left a full time job and getting into entrepreneurship world with an ambition to develop a solid product.
Carrying a good track record in software development, business analysis and project management.
Can you share some online resources for business analysis , as you have experience in this field.

Benedict

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Nov 16, 2019
Welcome on Board! I just started, too on this forum. Sounds like a valuable combination of knowledge and skills you have! Curious how you'll transform it into a business! Wish you all the best - see you around!

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
While I would like to say congrats, I cannot miss asking the obvious question, what was your plan before you quit your job?. I was so sick of working for someone else that I quit in 2015 without solid plans, I started developing an Android app even when my Android development skills were subpar, by the time I launch the app 4 months later, the product was not ready, I have run out of money, it was not easy getting freelance jobs, the wife can no longer tolerate excuses so I went back to the cubicle!

This time I am waiting to finish building a much better version of that app I attempted in 2015, I am looking to have more savings, and looking to get traction before I exit the Salary addiction for good. I am concerned about the appearance of a lack of preparedness before stepping out to the cold world of being on your own.

Having said that, here is where I suggest.
  1. Start a technical blog right away, no planning, no overthinking it, get going writing on the software development topic that you know.
  2. Aim for 25 to 30 good posts, with code samples and over 2000 words
  3. Join developer groups in LinkedIn, Facebook, etc
  4. Share each post to these groups and answer related questions in Quora and point back to your post
  5. Select about 12 of your best posts, refine, edit and publish as eBook in Leanpup and then export from Leanpup and also publish in Amazon
  6. Open a services page in your blog and start accepting freelance work, at this time you should be receiving inquiries for Freelance work.
  7. Convert your eBook into an Udemy Course
  8. Continue to write more post and create more Udemy course until your Udemy income, eBook sales ($29 minimum) replaces your last job income.
  9. You can do these in 6-8 months now that you have nothing but time on your hand.
  10. Then look up, think big and create a digital product once you no have the pressure to have income coming.
Goodluck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
I think it's like a landing page, anyway it looks good, I've bookmarked it for future reference...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Just had a personal highlight of the program so far - @GuitarManDan gave a one hour Zoom talk on...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock