The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trading

Anything related to investing, including crypto

_businessman05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2021
I plan to start daytrading within a few months. Primarely bull/bear certificates. I know that this has no entry barriers, but still the best traders can make +70% returns a year. Tell me your thoughts about this, and tips are allowed;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
Denver, Colorado, United States
I plan to start daytrading within a few months. Primarely bull/bear certificates. I know that this has no entry barriers, but still the best traders can make +70% returns a year. Tell me your thoughts about this, and tips are allowed;)
I have zero experience with the certificates. All I know that they are structured warrants and they can be callable, so when trading them you can have them called upon you pretty much any time (well usually when interest rates change). That can ruin your trading.

But, what experience do you have trading these instruments so far?

Fomo

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 20, 2021
Bamenda, Northwest, cameroon
I plan to start daytrading within a few months. Primarely bull/bear certificates. I know that this has no entry barriers, but still the best traders can make +70% returns a year. Tell me your thoughts about this, and tips are allow
Good luck. You'll definitely learn more about money as a day trader. But it's a lot harder to deal with emotions when trading. Making 70% returns in a year is possible but requires a lot of hard work and discipline

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
70% per year is an extraordinary return daytrading.

With a business following everything MJ preaches, you could get 70% per month and you would have a lot more control over it.

How much money are you planning on starting with?

_businessman05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2021
I have zero experience with the certificates. All I know that they are structured warrants and they can be callable, so when trading them you can have them called upon you pretty much any time (well usually when interest rates change). That can ruin your trading.

But, what experience do you have trading these instruments so far?
None so far

_businessman05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2021
70% per year is an extraordinary return daytrading.

With a business following everything MJ preaches, you could get 70% per month and you would have a lot more control over it.

How much money are you planning on starting with?
I agree that with a True fastlanebusiness i can make more money, but once again im only 16 years old. I'm planning to start with 1500-2000€ maybe

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
Denver, Colorado, United States
None so far
If you have no experience, DO NOT trade with real money. Find a broker that would allow you to trade a virtual (demo) account.

What is your plan?
What do you expect from trading?
What is your goal?
What is your strategy?
What is your trading time frame?

If you do not have solid answers to these questions, do not trade. Learn and study the market and yourself first.
If your answer to the goal question is "to make money", you failed right here. Do not trade. Believe me. I have been there and done that. The mistakes can be very costly.

Xav243

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 6, 2020
Belgium
Trading can be a very lucrative business. Look at JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs or some very well known investors such as Ray Dalio. But forget about Technical Analysis. Forget about Day Trading. Those are all lies to which you can't statiscally win. It is just impossible. And even if you do win say in a year, each day you buy the low and sell at the high you can achieve a whopping 0.1% of return on the S&P500..... Take into account costs of trading and inflation and you are at a big loss.

I did day trading, technical analysis and training provided by known and auto proclamed "professional" traders. Always lost money. Then on my journey to truth I found someone called Anton Kreil who is an actual former professional trader who works at Goldman Sachs. He runs a company that teaches how in the professional world traders do trade. He has now other former professional traders in his team. It is all about fundamentals, EPS growth, macro view etc... If you are in Europe there is Grégoire Dupont who used to be in Anton's company and decided to run his own. Personnally I like very much Anton as he presents very well but the course from Grégoire is much more complete.
Anyway, their approach is very solid, works (I changed 17k euros into 44k euros in 3 months) and you learn a ton on the world. From world GDP to central banks, to consumers, it is really passsionating. And gives you so much more probabilities to really earn decent money.

_businessman05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2021
Good luck. You'll definitely learn more about money as a day trader. But it's a lot harder to deal with emotions when trading. Making 70% returns in a year is possible but requires a lot of hard work and discipline
Agree
Trading can be a very lucrative business. Look at JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs or some very well known investors such as Ray Dalio. But forget about Technical Analysis. Forget about Day Trading. Those are all lies to which you can't statiscally win. It is just impossible. And even if you do win say in a year, each day you buy the low and sell at the high you can achieve a whopping 0.1% of return on the S&P500..... Take into account costs of trading and inflation and you are at a big loss.

I did day trading, technical analysis and training provided by known and auto proclamed "professional" traders. Always lost money. Then on my journey to truth I found someone called Anton Kreil who is an actual former professional trader who works at Goldman Sachs. He runs a company that teaches how in the professional world traders do trade. He has now other former professional traders in his team. It is all about fundamentals, EPS growth, macro view etc... If you are in Europe there is Grégoire Dupont who used to be in Anton's company and decided to run his own. Personnally I like very much Anton as he presents very well but the course from Grégoire is much more complete.
Anyway, their approach is very solid, works (I changed 17k euros into 44k euros in 3 months) and you learn a ton on the world. From world GDP to central banks, to consumers, it is really passsionating. And gives you so much more probabilities to really earn decent money.

_businessman05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2021

I think that daytrading is like fishing... its more about finding probabilities than certanties. And with the sp500 alone +20% returns (a day) are possible with sertificates and other debt instruments. It's a minus-sum game and I have no doubt most traders lose money. 9/10 startups fail. 90% of traders lose money. So what? It doesnt mean you can't succeed. Besides I agree with you that stockpicking and fundamental analysis is very effective. Running a hedge fund for clients can make the owner verymuch money very fast. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Xav243

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 6, 2020
Belgium
I think that daytrading is like fishing... its more about finding probabilities than certanties. And with the sp500 alone +20% returns (a day) are possible with sertificates and other debt instruments. It's a minus-sum game and I have no doubt most traders lose money. 9/10 startups fail. 90% of traders lose money. So what? It doesnt mean you can't succeed. Besides I agree with you that stockpicking and fundamental analysis is very effective. Running a hedge fund for clients can make the owner verymuch money very fast. Thanks for sharing your experience!
No it does not mean you can't succeed...if you use another approach. 9/10 businesses fail because either it is a job proxy or they don't provide value (money chaser) or they retire too early (3 feet from gold) etc.
Same for trading. If you base all your trades on TA, I am sorry but you are very likely to lose also. TA is part of the process but just 20% in order to time your entry. Not to base a trade idea on it. If TA was the solution, given the number of people using it, they should all be succeeding and rich by now.
Anyway, whatever route you choose to take I wish you best of luck :)

_businessman05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 20, 2021
No it does not mean you can't succeed...if you use another approach. 9/10 businesses fail because either it is a job proxy or they don't provide value (money chaser) or they retire too early (3 feet from gold) etc.
Same for trading. If you base all your trades on TA, I am sorry but you are very likely to lose also. TA is part of the process but just 20% in order to time your entry. Not to base a trade idea on it. If TA was the solution, given the number of people using it, they should all be succeeding and rich by now.
Anyway, whatever route you choose to take I wish you best of luck :)
What is TA? Trading algoritmi?

Madara

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 18, 2019
Stick to swing trading and long term Hodling. Your chances of success are much higher than if you day trade

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
Anton Kreil
I REALLY LOVE THIS GUY AND THE INSGHITS HE GAVE
@_businessman05 i also recommend NNFX youtube channel it will help you to understand that in day trading take too much time from you as if it was a job; but creating a system that you only manage 40 minute a day is better. also trading with a capital of less then 20k is suicade he will show you how to start trading with a prop firm after you finished your algo
trading is not a Fastlane business but its good to start as a way to finance your business.

Alferez

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 27, 2018
If you want to loose money, go ahead. I recommend you to read MJ's books. If you have already read them, read again. You must to cristal clear understand them.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
If you want to loose money, go ahead. I recommend you to read MJ's books. If you have already read them, read again. You must to cristal clear understand them.
The only people who made serious money in trading those selling trading courses.

Investment banks sell financial products and charge as “sales commission” or fee.

Ray Dalio makes money by not losing money. His fund underperformed S&P and is supposed to be so..because it is a hedge fund in the classical sense, its sole purpose its to not lose money or even make a little bit money in market downturn, as a “insurance product” sold to pension fund and sovereign wealth fund.

Trading is a bad business model to begin with. Basically you are playing poker against others and trying to edge out a win and not through value creation.

The Autobahn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Mar 2, 2013
Switzerland
70% a year is like a investor. A trader can make that amount in a couple of weeks or months if the market is there.Im lucky to know few self-made daytraders who were able to make 6 to 7 figures a year.
But here is the catch, some guys want to make fast more money than a Doctor without knowledge and no proven, adapting strategies, in most cases that don't end well.

Also the Stock exchange is constantly changing, market makers aren`t interested to fill your pockets with money.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lji-jNsXmAM

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.