The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tracking employees location

Marineti

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 6, 2016
My business problem is a bit different. I do have some people who do maintenance and repair on contract with some local clients. Recently I have noticed that some people do spend a lot (I mean, really a lot) time travelling to and back from working locations. I guess this is some cheating and specifically delays have taken place.
I did research about oportunities to track personnel. There is some tracking devices for vehicles or other equipment. But there is mobile phone tracking applications also. As I found there is business services, like mobile tracking software - https://www.gpswox.com/en/mobile-apps from this company. They do propose smartphones of employees tracking. Maybe someone have been using services like that, can offer more choice to choose from, have experience using such a services?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GeoffP

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 26, 2016
Woodland Hills, CA
My business problem is a bit different. I do have some people who do maintenance and repair on contract with some local clients. Recently I have noticed that some people do spend a lot (I mean, really a lot) time travelling to and back from working locations. I guess this is some cheating and specifically delays have taken place.
I did research about oportunities to track personnel. There is some tracking devices for vehicles or other equipment. But there is mobile phone tracking applications also. As I found there is business services, like mobile tracking software - https://www.gpswox.com/en/mobile-apps from this company. They do propose smartphones of employees tracking. Maybe someone have been using services like that, can offer more choice to choose from, have experience using such a services?
I'd start by looking at incentives first. Great book to read on management is Up the Organization if you can find a copy.

Marineti

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 6, 2016
I don't blame them being an employee sucks lol. But that's just me lol
I agree with you, thats why I started my own business :D But when a guys spend two hours to drive 7 kilometers from other side of city without traffic jams, thats is too much.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GeoffP

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 26, 2016
Woodland Hills, CA
I agree with you, thats why I started my own business :D But when a guys spend two hours to drive 7 kilometers from other side of city without traffic jams, thats is too much.
Don't gotta tell me. I've done statistical modeling for clients on optimal delivery vs. actual. Their employees tend not to like me for some reason. But in all honesty, I suspect there are mismatched incentives at play here. If their only incentive is an hourly check, then they aren't interested in maximizing the use of that hour and minimizing the number of hours. You can put tracking software in, but it won't solve the underlying problem.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I'd start by looking at incentives first. Great book to read on management is Up the Organization if you can find a copy.
Hire better people - don't try and fix the symptoms of bad ones.

I am not a big fan of tracking employees' activities.

I believe in honesty, trust and loyalty.

Tell them openly about your suspicions and see how they react.

Adapt your strategy accordingly.

Everybody makes mistakes.

The smart ones only make them once.

Act from a position of power, incentivize them properly and get rid of the ones who are playing games.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.