The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Track your Serp positions in G Analytics

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Found this today pretty cool! Figured i have contributed much latley. Remember you need to create a seperate profile in analytics so you dont screw your normal data.

Tracking Keyword Ranking with Google Analytics : Chris Abernethy . com

Also here are the two advanced filter strings you need to put in since he doesnt leave the text version on the site. This will make it easier for you to copy-paste.

\bq=([^&]*)
\bcd=(\d*)
$A1 (RANK =$B1)

Just some cool data, more so for kywords you havent SEO'd from easier to see the data here rather then set it up in your programs. Plus this shows where it was clicked from not what a proxy IP see's it as. Can be very useful CTR data for organic serps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Just implement the filters and will see how it goes. I wish there is an easier way to track the time of the day when visitors doing all those search.

I also will try to remove the search medium to include the traffic from CPC and other content network. Not sure if I am doing it right though.

Ebee

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 7, 2009
Have you tried the urchin traffic monitor, it does allow you to see what time of day users visit your site.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
What I did is to use Custom Report in Google Analytic to drill down to each target dimension (region) and sort by time. I thought there should be a better way to just do that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
The amount of things you can do with analytics/urchin is amazin, you can get even more in depth with clicktale and oter services that will let you watch your visitor use your site. this was just a useable tidbit by everyone on this forum

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.