The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Toy invention, I'm stuck

JustLeah

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 16, 2011
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post in, but I need a little help. I'm 15 and I have a toy invention I came up with about 3 months ago. It's really unique, and I can't seem to find anything like it. I've been selling it to people in the neighborhood and people that go to my church request them to. It takes about $2 to make and I sell them for 10. I've been getting a lot of money and people have been asking me to do different ones for them. My friend mentioned opening up a kiosk, but I don't really know anything about how to open one and neither do my parents. I just want to be able to get the word out and make more money (of course). Any advice/tips?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Yea read Stephen Key's book. It has tons of good info. You can make ok money by licensing but if you can find someone you trust to back you financially, there's way more potential (but A LOT more hard work) manufacturing it on your own.

Check out the Story of Pillow Pets. They started by selling them at a mall kiosk. The story was also on "How I made my Millions".

Pillow Pets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My Pillow Pets® | Press

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Go to a toy kiosk and offer to sell your product to them. Show them how popular they have become and they may buy them. Large scale manufacturing can wait until you have the capital.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JustLeah

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 16, 2011
The Pillow Pet story is actually where I got the idea. I do think I'd rather manufacture it on my own though.
Yea read Stephen Key's book. It has tons of good info. You can make ok money by licensing but if you can find someone you trust to back you financially, there's way more potential (but A LOT more hard work) manufacturing it on your own.

Check out the Story of Pillow Pets. They started by selling them at a mall kiosk. The story was also on "How I made my Millions".

Pillow Pets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My Pillow Pets® | Press

pappaishere

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 8, 2020
Australia
It would be really interesting to know how the toy idea turned out!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.