The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Took the forum advise and made it free

Tony71

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 21, 2011
Irvine, CA
Hey Guys,

As some of you already know I have created an app for the iPhone, it is a simple game of balance and strategy.

I have made it free till Monday and I was hoping you guys will download it , play the game and leave reviews, positive or negative.

I have provide a link to the game , you can also search for it in the app store under Balancing Ball, which is the name of the game.

Enjoy!

Balancing Ball | TwoServices

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LianaWesten

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 22, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Hi Tony,

I was looking forward to try your game and leave a review (I like these kind of games most of the time), but I have an iPad, no iPhone. I got as far and the settings (wanted to turn music and sounds off), and the two options overlay each other, the game is stuck upside down (unlocking the auto-rotating doesn't help), and I can't back out of the settings menu.

I know it's not made for the iPad, but so far every game that was iPhone specific, I could play on the iPad as well, only smaller.

Sorry, but I can't say anything else about it, because this is as far as I got.

Good luck with your endeavours! Hope you make it in the fastlane :)

EDIT:

I completely closed the app, reopened it, and was able to press play. Still, the game starts upside down.

The idea is nice.

However...

On the 8th level, the one where you start with 2 balls and you're supposed to slink them in between a slightly raised/separated patch of grass, the balls don't have enough space to go through.
There is no way to solve this one.
I tried both ways, with both balls next to each other and completely separate as well. It's a major issue, that's a game breaker.

Me being a graphic artist, I don't like the graphics either, I'm sorry to say. They look like they've been snagged from a freebie forum, and reused for every single tile.
Try and hire an artist (if you can) who is willing to make at least a set of 5 tiles to cycle through.

As for the dynamics, I like how sensitive the rolling is. It makes it challenging. But (sorry), it is VERY obvious when the ball gets into the zone of the hole where the hole "snags" it and pulls it down into it. I know that OK, now I don't have to worry about tilting my iPad.

The idea is good. The game could be really entertaining.

But the execution, graphics, menu, and the playability because of the gamebreaking glitch wrecks it completely.
I don't see myself even keeping this for free, let alone buy it for real money. Sorry.

I hope you take this as constructive criticism, and will get another team to make your game for you.

Cheers, and heads up! This is a learning experience, NOT a failure!

Last edited:

Tony71

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 21, 2011
Irvine, CA
Hi Liana,

When I thought of making the game, I only had iPhone in mind not iPad. So I'm not surprised if it doesn't work
on iPad or crashes. I will need to get with the programmer and see if we can work towards getting it on the iPad.

We have tested all 20 levels and did not have any issues, I just got to level 8 and finished it. There are some hard level
which can be frustrating but they can be finished.

Keep in mind it is my first APP project so it may not be perfect, I will be working on the updates as more reviews comes in.

Thanks! :)

Tony

Hi Tony,

I was looking forward to try your game and leave a review (I like these kind of games most of the time), but I have an iPad, no iPhone. I got as far and the settings (wanted to turn music and sounds off), and the two options overlay each other, the game is stuck upside down (unlocking the auto-rotating doesn't help), and I can't back out of the settings menu.

I know it's not made for the iPad, but so far every game that was iPhone specific, I could play on the iPad as well, only smaller.

Sorry, but I can't say anything else about it, because this is as far as I got.

Good luck with your endeavours! Hope you make it in the fastlane :)

EDIT:

I completely closed the app, reopened it, and was able to press play. Still, the game starts upside down.

The idea is nice.

However...

On the 8th level, the one where you start with 2 balls and you're supposed to slink them in between a slightly raised/separated patch of grass, the balls don't have enough space to go through.
There is no way to solve this one.
I tried both ways, with both balls next to each other and completely separate as well. It's a major issue, that's a game breaker.

Me being a graphic artist, I don't like the graphics either, I'm sorry to say. They look like they've been snagged from a freebie forum, and reused for every single tile.
Try and hire an artist (if you can) who is willing to make at least a set of 5 tiles to cycle through.

As for the dynamics, I like how sensitive the rolling is. It makes it challenging. But (sorry), it is VERY obvious when the ball gets into the zone of the hole where the hole "snags" it and pulls it down into it. I know that OK, now I don't have to worry about tilting my iPad.

The idea is good. The game could be really entertaining.

But the execution, graphics, menu, and the playability because of the gamebreaking glitch wrecks it completely.
I don't see myself even keeping this for free, let alone buy it for real money. Sorry.

I hope you take this as constructive criticism, and will get another team to make your game for you.

Cheers, and heads up! This is a learning experience, NOT a failure!

LianaWesten

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 22, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Sounds good :) Looking forward to try the iPad version :)

I was surprised that it didn't work for the iPad, since all other iPhone apps I downloaded so far work on the iPad, it's just a lot smaller than the full screen.
If you need it, I can take some screenshots and show you.

Cheers, and good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

qhead

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Jul 15, 2012
Don't you know that learning how to program is STUPID.

Reference to the thread "Learning how to program is STUPID" in case you didn't get it :)

Tony71

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 21, 2011
Irvine, CA
If you can send me the screen shots so I can show the programmer that would be awesome!

Sounds good :) Looking forward to try the iPad version :)

I was surprised that it didn't work for the iPad, since all other iPhone apps I downloaded so far work on the iPad, it's just a lot smaller than the full screen.
If you need it, I can take some screenshots and show you.

Cheers, and good luck!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Downloaded it and rated it five stars.
Congrats.

LianaWesten

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 22, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Hey,

Here is the screenshot of the 8th level. At this point, I am holding my iPad almost vertical.

s5ju5j.png

Hope this helps!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!