The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

#TooFitToQuit

The Legend

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Aug 16, 2018
Hello Fast Laners. My name is AK Alabi and I'm an ex slow lane rider from London UK. It is such a pleasure to finally register and join this forum as I'd been meaning to do so everytime I listened to the 2 legendary books in my car.

I'm a two-time university graduate with qualifications firstly in Accounting & Business Management and secondly in Economics. After my second graduation I applied for my first full-time job as a sales advisor at Car Giant, which is the world's biggest car dealership (Guinness World records) and intended to work there for 2 years before moving into the financial sector. As time progressed and I excelled in my position, I made a decent living for myself and was able to afford most things that my peers just couldn't. I was enjoying it, whilst losing track of my original plan and 4 years into my employment (on April fools day actually) I was tapped on the shoulder by one of my superiors and told that I have been initiated into the management team. To cut a long story short, I continued to climb up the ladder and increase my earnings at Car Giant and basically got comfortable and "sucked in". I spent 8.5 years there before resigning in May 2016, to the surprise of the company directors, my colleagues, my wife and my mother. I had already started my company 2 years prior to this, developing my own range of branded fitness accessories, albeit just on the side. However, I saw the demand and traction it was receiving from peers but more importantly social media. I had managed to get my products into a few sports supplements stores and it just grew from there. There have been many ups and downs and I'm still at the beginning of my fast lane journey, but discovering MJ's books pleasantly validated to me that I'd made the right choice all along. Nothing better than being able to do what I want when I want.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...