The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tom Brady

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Love him or hate him, it's pretty hard not to respect the guy after reading this. I had no idea how many obstacles he's overcome. And having the understanding to hire a quarterbacks coach in high school and then being man enough to see a psychologist (I think most men are not comfortable enough to do so) in college...good stuff. Shows no matter who you are, great things can be achieved with hard work.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/lee_jenkins/01/30/tombrady/index.html?bcnn=yes

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
I respect Brandy's work ethic, his intensity and his leadership skills. The guy has earned everything he now enjoys. I live in Ann Arbor, and I'm married to a U of M Alum, so I naturally have respect for Brady. But, the obstacles he went through are tiny bumps on the road compared to what many athletes have endured on the road to success.

Brady's parents had the financial means to hire him a personal trainer and a QB coach. He also was in a position to work with a sports psychologist to help him through issues that the majority of high school & college athletes have to handle on their own.

Take a guy like Kurt Warner who went from bagging groceries to support his family, to winning a super bowl. He was undrafted, living in near poverty and worked his way up from that situation, through the Arena league to the NFL. In college, Willie Parker, was a bench warmer on a horrible North Carolina football team. He was undrafted and given no shot of making an NFL practice squad, yet he worked his way into a starting position and a Super Bowl victory with the Pittsburgh Steelers. To me, those are examples of overcoming huge obstacles.

Again, nothing against Brady, but his path is consistent with many athletes in the NFL. Starting out as a backup in high school, splitting time in college then being taken on the 2nd day of the draft is common for many NFL'ers. But, given Brady's success his story is more newsworthy..

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
I have to agree with FT1. Brady had the opportunity to go to college and have his parents support him as he tried out for football. There are plenty of superstars out there today who have come from nothing to be superstars. Brady is good but he has a good supporting cast to back him up.

Tom

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
There are millions out there that had the backup and the genes to make it in many aspects of life. However they have not accomplished anything.

Granted, he may have started with some advantage, but he did something with the opportunity. It was pretty simple to just relax and live a mediocre life thanks to the "opportunities" he had in life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.