The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

To reach the most people, mobile application or website?

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

zizou

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 28, 2021
Hi everyone, I am 16 years old and I come from France.
After reading The Millionaire Fastlane by Mj I was very inspired like most of you and i'm really determined to change my life.
My long term goal is to create a startup on the internet that answers a problem to help the maximum of people.
I have some basic programming skills (html, css, python, javascripts) and this is something I enjoy.
So I have plans to learn more in depth.
I was wondering between a mobile application and a website which is the most advantageous sector for the highway to know in which field I will concentrate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tonci

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Aug 29, 2021
Hi everyone, I am 16 years old and I come from France.
After reading The Millionaire Fastlane by Mj I was very inspired like most of you and i'm really determined to change my life.
My long term goal is to create a startup on the internet that answers a problem to help the maximum of people.
I have some basic programming skills (html, css, python, javascripts) and this is something I enjoy.
So I have plans to learn more in depth.
I was wondering between a mobile application and a website which is the most advantageous sector for the highway to know in which field I will concentrate.
Hello Zizou,

Unfortunately I do not know which sector is the most advantegous. However, I would like to ask if you have any knowledge of C++ programming of microcontrollers. Right now I am developing robots, which will require some in-depth, object-oriented programming for ESP32. Let me know if you are proficent in this area, so we can make a mutual collaboration.

I look forward to hearing from you.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'd say both.

But smartphones are a must as they are in everyone's hands, where can you reach someone while they sit on the toilet, in a train, or while in bed?

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
Hello zizou, in my opinion as a software engineer, both the mobile apps and the websites have their own future. While more and more people are using smartphones, some people still prefer using a laptop or a computer in general. For instance, I am coding quite often and this is challenging on a small screen. Besides, some people are introverts and switch off their phone so that noone disturbs them. Therefore, I do not think that it is important to concentrate on mobile apps or websites.

zizou

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 28, 2021
Hello Zizou,

Malheureusement, je ne sais pas quel secteur est le plus avantageux. Cependant, je voudrais vous demander si vous avez des connaissances en programmation C++ de microcontrôleurs. En ce moment, je développe des robots, ce qui nécessitera une programmation approfondie et orientée objet pour ESP32. Faites-moi savoir si vous êtes compétent dans ce domaine, afin que nous puissions faire une collaboration mutuelle.

Je suis dans l'attente de votre réponse.
Bonjour Tonci1234 je suis assez débutant (environ 6 mois de pratique) donc je ne pense pas être assez compétent pour vous aider

zizou

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 28, 2021
I'd say both.

But smartphones are a must as they are in everyone's hands, where can you reach someone while they sit on the toilet, in a train, or while in bed?
Thanks for your answer Mj but I was also thinking that mobile aps are less competitive since the smartphone trend is more recent than the web

zizou

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 28, 2021
Bonjour zizou, à mon avis en tant qu'ingénieur logiciel, les applications mobiles et les sites Web ont leur propre avenir. Alors que de plus en plus de personnes utilisent des smartphones, certaines personnes préfèrent encore utiliser un ordinateur portable ou un ordinateur en général. Par exemple, je code assez souvent et c'est difficile sur un petit écran. De plus, certaines personnes sont introverties et éteignent leur téléphone pour que personne ne les dérange. Par conséquent, je ne pense pas qu'il soit important de se concentrer sur les applications mobiles ou les sites Web.
Alors vous me conseillez de trouver un moyen de pouvoir développer sur des applications mobiles ainsi que sur des sites web ?

Ou choisir l'un des deux secteurs par affinité ?

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
Alors vous me conseillez de trouver un moyen de pouvoir développer sur des applications mobiles ainsi que sur des sites web ?

Ou choisir l'un des deux secteurs par affinité ?
It's up to you!

Edit: @MJ: For some reason, my posts are translated into French when quoted by zizou. What is the reason for this behavior?

zizou

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 28, 2021
It's up to you!

Edit: @MJ: For some reason, my posts are translated into French when quoted by zizou. What is the reason for this behavior?
Ok thanks you for the response
for the moment I think I will concentrate on javascript and website creation and I saw that with javascript and react it was possible to develloper mobile apps

PS: For the translation in french I think it's a problem on my side sorry

DonnieBrasco

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Feb 18, 2020
SEA - EU - AFRICA
Fully depends on your industry/market, if an app makes sense in terms of reaching your customer base then go for it, if a website makes more sense, don't waste resources on an android/ios app.

For example, let's say a restaurant wants to either launch on one of the numerous business indexes and delivery apps or create their own full-fledged app with a delivery system with billing, driver tracking etc. integrated (looking at 20-45k development cost), it is most likely the better choice to use the first option unless they are at a 20-30 plus franchise level (think Domino's Pizza).

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Build for the web - the best multi-platform tool available. Both mobile and desktop users can be reached via the web.

Learn Javascript and you can do everything else very easily.

note: apps need to be installed. That's at least ONE extra step users need to take.

With a browser - all they need is a link to click and poof they enter your portal.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...