The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TMF+Uncripted+TGRRE 4 Teens

For any book discussion

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Hi @MJ DeMarco,
How about a condensed version of the 3 books in one for teenagers.
My son should read them but wouldn't stick with 3 books - so perhaps condense the key lessons into 1 book.
My boy is almost 14, just about to find out how crap it is to wash dishes for next to no money.
I have always promoted to him to think 'income' rather than 'job' and he's a smart kid.

@DuncDad

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
637%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi @MJ DeMarco,
My son should read them but wouldn't stick with 3 books - so perhaps condense the key lessons into 1 book.
My boy is almost 14, just about to find out how crap it is to wash dishes for next to no money.
I have always promoted to him to think 'income' rather than 'job' and he's a smart kid.

@DuncDad
I think all books are great on their own - but why not just start with TMF - it highlights virtually ALL the lessons in one book, and is a terrific start.

Easy to understand and get through in a short amount of time. With your guidance and explanation -- there is really not that much more that needs to be read to get the point.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
May 9, 2021
Well I'm sorry to say, but if you really desire him to be "uncripted", you're going to have to let him get jumped in by some neighborhood bloods, he'll then have to learn the gang sign.
Productocracy? Oh he'll learn allllllll about it at least on them streets :)

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Well I'm sorry to say, but if you really desire him to be "uncripted", you're going to have to let him get jumped in by some neighborhood bloods, he'll then have to learn the gang sign.
Productocracy? Oh he'll learn allllllll about it at least on them streets :)
Thankfully we live in a small country town... not too much trouble they can get into on the streets

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I'd say give 'em the last book, The Great Rat Race Escape since it is half story, so it might appeal more.

It also does a decent job of summarizing the first two, put into application and practice.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.