The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time to take what i want!

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

With this post i will introduce myself to you guys. My name is Morris and i'm 24 years old. I live in the Netherlands and work as freelancer in sales atm. Even though i make decent money there (for a job) i hate the work.. I also hate the product that i am selling. I have always seen myself as an entrepreneur and had many side hustles going on while growing up.

I had a rough year with corona and my best friend committing a horrible suicide. I was feeling terrible and i could not get myself out of bed to get up and do stuff. One of my friends was living in the carribbean and i just had the feeling that i should go there to visit him and get my mind right again. I had lost track of my goals and ambitions and i needed to get them back! Shooting for the stars is what makes life fun right?

While sitting on a carribean beach i read the millionaire fastlane by MJ. Before starting i had the feeling that it would be a useless book but already after a few pages the honesty and directness hit me. The book made me realize that i had (almost) given up on my dreams...

Now 2 months later i am sitting here writing this post. I have saved up some money and i have my idea ready. Tomorrow i will start coldcalling the market to see if there is demand for my product. I feel utterly terrified. If there is i could scale it really well with my network of sales people. I really hope i can get support from this forum. As i am 24 i can feel that after this year i am shifting from being a young student to a man. I need to grab life by the balls and manifestate my hopes and ambitions.

What i am trying to do by the way is help businesses (and later consumers) be 100% carbon neutral. I will do this by compensating their co2 emissions. The plan is to test if there is market demand. If there is.. i will use cold calling sales people who work on no cure no pay basis. I could pay them a good provision while also earning a nice provision myself if they are able to sell a contract of 2yrs +

I hope you guys are with me

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
I already have my first question for you guys. I hope someone can give me some advice.

Tomorrow i will start testing market demand. I was planning to pretend that i work for one of my competing companies as i have seen in a thread about cold calling on here. I would just try to make the sale for them. And by this way see if companies are interested.

The other way is to just call, introduce myself and say that i am starting a company and i would like their opinion whether they would buy from me... This feels like a much more sensitive approach.

What do you guys reckon?

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
I thought i could use this thread for accountability purposes. I will post here everyday to tell you guys what i have done to make this business a succes.

As i became very sick yesterday i stayed in bed the entire day... my stomach was just to bad to do anything. Today i felt much better and i did a few hours of coldcalling. As i felt pretty nervous about acting like i was from another existing company i decided to be honest and just ask business owners about their ideas about sustainability and if they would be interested in my product.

What i have noticed so far is that some business owners 'know' that sustainability is a thing they should do and others are already trying to do something about it. But in the end they are business owners ofcourse so... $ counts. I need to include in my pitch that sustainability is getting more and more important for consumers so in the end it will bring them more revenue while also helping the planet.

Actually one of the business owners was really interested and i think that i could have made the sale if i had the business completely set up! So that's nice! We decided to keep in contact through email.

Tomorrow i will do more calls and emailing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted78083

Hey Morris,

Welcome to the forum, nice meeting you.

First I want to say I am terribly sorry about your friend. Life throws some real sh*tty events sometimes.

Furthermore, I think you might be interested to read Unscripted . There may be some mindset issues regarding the fastlane that you may not have solved yet.

TMF is mostly a business-building book. Unscripted is a mindset book. I don't think one is better than the other, I think they complement each other very well.

Good luck for your venture.

Groetjes,

M.

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
Hey Morris,

Welcome to the forum, nice meeting you.

First I want to say I am terribly sorry about your friend. Life throws some real sh*tty events sometimes.

Furthermore, I think you might be interested to read Unscripted . There may be some mindset issues regarding the fastlane that you may not have solved yet.

TMF is mostly a business-building book. Unscripted is a mindset book. I don't think one is better than the other, I think they complement each other very well.

Good luck for your venture.

Groetjes,

M.
Hey Mon_fi
Thanks for replying!

i am currently reading unscripted . Seems like another great book. Chapter 17 atm.

themarkboogie

Mamba Mentality
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Oct 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Nice to meet you, Morris.

It seems like you and I are in very similar positions in life at around the same age (I'm 27). I think your approach is impressive and will either result in lessons learned or $. I look forward to taking a peak in here every now and then to see how you're doing. Keep going my brother

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
Welcome Morris and sorry for your friends
I can't wait to hear from you some good news about your business and your life

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
So today i had a good day. At the moment it's really cold here and i called from a studio from a friend where the heating was broken.. So it was not a very comfortable day. I was still freezing with my gloves and jacket on.

After calling i believe that there should be demand for my service. Business owners still have some questions ofcourse, but i think that an experienced and well informed salesman will easily be able to answer those. I also got an email from a company who asked if i could consult them in making their business more sustaiable because they throw away so much? Honestly i have no idea what i could consult them about sustainability wise, but i will just email them tomorrow and ask them what they want done.

For the rest i also saw a few other companies in the same sector where i will take some strong points from and try to copy them in my own company. As for now i have the feeling that i will continue with this. It gives me energy and i am happy to work on this.

In the evening i read unscripted and spent time with my girlfriend

Tomorrow i have two choices: either continue calling businesses to find out more about what they want of maybe turn to the B2C market. As it's the same product it could work really well on the b2c market. Still not sure about how to go further atm.

Goodnight all (almost 10 pm atm here )

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
Today i did very few calls. It sounds weird after a few days, but i believe that there should be sufficient demand for my service by businessowners. So instead of calling i made a survey with some relevant questions that will help me whether people are interested. Tomorrow i will get 5 people (who i will judge to be a possible customer) to fill it in. The rest of the day i will be busy with the birthday of my friend. On sunday i will have 35 surveys filled in total. And i will re-evaluate on sunday evening.

What i'm planning to do is make people give me their number/email when returning the survey to me. When people fill in a survey that states that they could be interested in my service i will later on give them a call/email to ask them for a pre-sale. I hope to get some good results from the surveys!

Even though seeing the posts in this topic make me feel like an amateur, i'm still happy that i'm taking small steps towards my goal. Also i am really enjoying my days and the things i am doing!

By the way: as i'm new on the forum i'm not yet familiar with the forum etiquette here. So if i'm doing something wrong just let me know.

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
I failed today...

I was supposed to get the survey filled in by 5 people. But i didnt even accomplish that.. I don't know what happened but suddenly i was to afraid to ask people on the streets if they could help me lol..

let's try again tomorrow..

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
Hey guys back here for a quick update!
I realized that i had some mental work to do and i stopped posting here and read Unscripted . Another great book that thought me a lot about providing value!

I also continued setting up my business. I stopped cold calling to make my website because i felt that there was sufficient demand. Now the website is under construction and i'm busy writing content.

But what i really want to say is: I HAVE MY FIRST PAYING CLIENT!!!

It feels so good to reap the rewards of my work!!! I emailed a company that i ordered something else from and they were very excited about the idea. So the same day i went to their office to give a pitch. AND LOOK AT ME NOW!! lol.

Thanks everyone for reacting to my thread it really ment a lot for me! Also thanks to MJ for writing two killer killer books!

Now i'm back to the hustle xx

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
Just a quick update for the people who are interested:

I pivoted and I’m in the solar business right now. Things are going extremely well and I’m entering the fastlane.

My projections are that i’m going to do 1.5mio in revenue this year. And clearing at least 600k of profit (split with my business parter 300/300k). We are going to triple this amount next year.

Persistence pays off.

Last edited:

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014

I pivoted and I’m in the solar business right now. Things are going extremely well and I’m entering the fastlane.

My projections are that i’m going to do 1.5mio in revenue this year. And clearing at least 600k of profit (split with my business parter 300/300k). We are going to triple this amount next year.

Persistence pays of.

Hey man, that's great. Your persistence year after year and this pivot shows your resilience.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This thread is a few years old, but great job on staying the path and letting the market guide you into a workable direction.

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
I will never give up. It’s that simple.

It’s unbelievable to see the progress I made the last years. I feel so ashamed about the posts I made in this thread..

In the last years I gained business sense, the ability to handle staff and the mindset to kick a$$. I developed from an adolescent into a man!

Thanks MJ and everyone on this forum. Now i’m off to work on my dreams. See you all in a few years.

I wish you all the world!

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland

Persistence pays of.

Awesome update man. You'll have to share the story of how you pivoted some day and how you got to that!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...