Hey guys and dolls,
Let me start by apologizing just in case I posted this in the wrong place, I figured I'm beginning a startup so...
Anyways, I've been a lurker on here for a long and I want to thank guys like Vigilante and LikWid24, and of course MJ (whose book I am currently re-reading!).
After thoughts about going into the licensing business, low end real estate, etc., I finally found an idea I want to pursue. It is where I believe I can provide the most value.
I don't want to talk about the idea on here just yet (I know, I know, I don't mean to be another one of those).Basically, I'm starting a website to provide a service for a specific niche. I haven't seen anything like it so far and I see a great opportunity.
Here's what I've done so far:
So basically, as I move forward, I am seeking help from friends and family to find someone who can help me develop the site, as I don't believe I can do it myself...let me explain, I'm not being pessimistic. I am currently in my third year in college taking 24 credits this semester and I work part time to pay my bills. I can work on the site and design it how I want(html, css, etc) but would need help implementing the backend stuff (databases, perhaps implementing AJAX, etc.).
My next steps are to take the feedback I get after interviewing the business owners and use it to add to my requirements, etc.
I realize I have a lot of work ahead of me, but it is definitely an exciting endeavor.
Thanks again to all the great content providers on here. I know that since posting on here, I'll feel more of a sense of accountability to push forward.
--Justin
Let me start by apologizing just in case I posted this in the wrong place, I figured I'm beginning a startup so...
Anyways, I've been a lurker on here for a long and I want to thank guys like Vigilante and LikWid24, and of course MJ (whose book I am currently re-reading!).
After thoughts about going into the licensing business, low end real estate, etc., I finally found an idea I want to pursue. It is where I believe I can provide the most value.
I don't want to talk about the idea on here just yet (I know, I know, I don't mean to be another one of those).Basically, I'm starting a website to provide a service for a specific niche. I haven't seen anything like it so far and I see a great opportunity.
Here's what I've done so far:
- Made basic requirements for the site and service
- Scheduled interviews with people in the business who I'm making the service for to get their opinions on how to tweak it to benefit them the most.
- Started to create a web outline and use cases.
- In the process of determining the best revenue model for the site.
So basically, as I move forward, I am seeking help from friends and family to find someone who can help me develop the site, as I don't believe I can do it myself...let me explain, I'm not being pessimistic. I am currently in my third year in college taking 24 credits this semester and I work part time to pay my bills. I can work on the site and design it how I want(html, css, etc) but would need help implementing the backend stuff (databases, perhaps implementing AJAX, etc.).
My next steps are to take the feedback I get after interviewing the business owners and use it to add to my requirements, etc.
I realize I have a lot of work ahead of me, but it is definitely an exciting endeavor.
Thanks again to all the great content providers on here. I know that since posting on here, I'll feel more of a sense of accountability to push forward.
--Justin
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
