The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TIL that collage stole from my wealth, my life and my future

Anything related to matters of the mind

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
I am in an interesting position, because in my country college education is free (payed by taxpayes, so not really free - but to no imediate debt to you), if you do it right after high school. So I went to enginering college, which took me almost 5 years to complete.
To my unaware slowlane brain, this was a good investment, because I get an increase in my base salary, and I was going to earn more per year, and have better job opportunities, more safety and security.

I didn't know any better. I am digesting chapter 14 now, talking about U.L.L. (uncontrolled limited leverage). And I see that I spent 5 years on my time (time = wealth), to get some education (most of which I forgot and won't ever need or use for work), to go spend more time (wealth) in companies, where I cannot control my income, or my time.

On top of that, I was going to use my salary, to invest into sandp500 and index funds, in hopes of patiently building "wealth".

F*ck :S Truth hurts. It's like I took a financial and a life red pill. It's so funny to look back with these new glasses. I am both happy and sad that I am 25. that is somewhere between a quarter and a third of a lifetime.

Thinking of my parents makes me sad. To look at their life force disappear, to see their bodies week and broken from a life time of not just work, but physical labour (And they are still not retired). All of this makes me think about what matters. I would love to spend more time with them. I want a life that allows me to do that.

Thanks for reading, Branko

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoranS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
I am in an interesting position, because in my country college education is free (payed by taxpayes, so not really free - but to no imediate debt to you), if you do it right after high school. So I went to enginering college, which took me almost 5 years to complete.
To my unaware slowlane brain, this was a good investment, because I get an increase in my base salary, and I was going to earn more per year, and have better job opportunities, more safety and security.

I didn't know any better. I am digesting chapter 14 now, talking about U.L.L. (uncontrolled limited leverage). And I see that I spent 5 years on my time (time = wealth), to get some education (most of which I forgot and won't ever need or use for work), to go spend more time (wealth) in companies, where I cannot control my income, or my time.

On top of that, I was going to use my salary, to invest into sandp500 and index funds, in hopes of patiently building "wealth".

f*ck :S Truth hurts. It's like I took a financial and a life red pill. It's so funny to look back with these new glasses. I am both happy and sad that I am 25. that is somewhere between a quarter and a third of a lifetime.

Thinking of my parents makes me sad. To look at their life force disappear, to see their bodies week and broken from a life time of not just work, but physical labour (And they are still not retired). All of this makes me think about what matters. I would love to spend more time with them. I want a life that allows me to do that.

Thanks for reading, Branko
Welcome :) Where are you from?

GoranS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
We're neighbours then. I'm in Croatia.

I recommend you check out this link here, that will get you started: GOLD! - The Gold Thread Directory, by Topic
Wow, hvala ti. This really is a "gold" mine :D. I am excited to begin my new education, one worthy of my time. I see myself getting lost in this forum in the immediate future and emerging on the other side a new person.

GoranS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Wow, hvala ti. This really is a "gold" mine :D. I am excited to begin my new education, one worthy of my time. I see myself getting lost in this forum in the immediate future and emerging on the other side a new

Wow, hvala ti. This really is a "gold" mine :D. I am excited to begin my new education, one worthy of my time. I see myself getting lost in this forum in the immediate future and emerging on the other side a new person.
It is a goldmine! It's incredible that we have all this info and for free.

My advice is that you start with the Mindset and Side hustles/Getting started threads in that link.

Spend a day or two reading those. Then go out and actually do something with that knowledge. It doesn't have to be something big, just get started.

Don't make the same mistake I did and spend years reading without doing anything.

Also, check out threads by @Andy Black about getting started and helping people.

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
It is a goldmine! It's incredible that we have all this info and for free.

My advice is that you start with the Mindset and Side hustles/Getting started threads in that link.

Spend a day or two reading those. Then go out and actually do something with that knowledge. It doesn't have to be something big, just get started.

Don't make the same mistake I did and spend years reading without doing anything.

Also, check out threads by @Andy Black about getting started and helping people.
Im already on it! I am an action taker by default. It's just my path that was wrong. I am learning web development, but I have a lot of graphic design skills as well from my past work and experiences. By the end of the year, I will be self employed, I promise right here. I'll even look into documenting my path somehow, maybe on this forum or elswhere. But this is my new goal. I want to get out of work as fast as possible. Its 1/4 right now. My contract at work is till 1 of january 2022.

I am going to do whatever it takes, so that I can enjoy seeing the look on their face, when I decline the continuation of my employment.

Thank you Goran. Hope to see you around the forum :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoranS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Im already on it! I am an action taker by default. It's just my path that was wrong. I am learning web development, but I have a lot of graphic design skills as well from my past work and experiences. By the end of the year, I will be self employed, I promise right here. I'll even look into documenting my path somehow, maybe on this forum or elswhere. But this is my new goal. I want to get out of work as fast as possible. Its 1/4 right now. My contract at work is till 1 of january 2022.

I am going to do whatever it takes, so that I can enjoy seeing the look on their face, when I decline the continuation of my employment.

Thank you Goran. Hope to see you around the forum :)
Sounds great!

I'm also working on becoming self-employed through building websites for people, so we're kind of on the same path. :thumbsup:

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
Sounds great!

I'm also working on becoming self-employed through building websites for people, so we're kind of on the same path. :thumbsup:
Thats awesome. We should connect sometimes, follow eachother, talk.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.