The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tier purchase/discounting

Marketing, social media, advertising

Smokey

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 28, 2019
So, I have a competitor that carries about half the of the same brands that we do. My competitor offers different discounts based on your total spend. I am afraid if i match their offer I will be giving away discounts for brands that we have but they do not offer, because the discount is based on the total spend and not specific brands. Any thoughts on how to counter a program like this without losing my shirt?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Is there a way that you can avoid playing the price game? I mean if you're selling stuff that they aren't selling, then there's no competition for those products. Couldn't you do the thing they do at CVS and have certain items that go on discount?

Smokey

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 28, 2019
Is there a way that you can avoid playing the price game? I mean if you're selling stuff that they aren't selling, then there's no competition for those products. Couldn't you do the thing they do at CVS and have certain items that go on discount?

Thanks Isaac,
Unfortunately, my competitor discounts the total order spend for all brands. I am afraid if I restrict any brands the customer might not hit the same total spend to get the discount and that could put us at a disadvantage.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Thanks Isaac,
Unfortunately, my competitor discounts the total order spend for all brands. I am afraid if I restrict any brands the customer might not hit the same total spend to get the discount and that could put us at a disadvantage.
I don't see why being able to purchase brands that your competitor doesn't offer isn't a value proposition in itself.

Can you offer a discount when the total cart value reaches a certain figure but make it clear that the discounts will only apply to certain items?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.