The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thread Post 2: Clickbank or…?

dr_pie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Nov 2, 2011
This is my second of two tread posts (the first being: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/your-goals-your-fastlane-plan/45379-thread-post-1-price-point-advice.html#post270233) as it relates to my product. I have been posting recently regarding certain aspects of my business and have gotten some very thorough, thought provoking feedback. That said, I have not painted a full picture as to what my product is and how it works. So I would like to give you all a brief summary and then get your feedback on two key areas with the first one being price point.

My product is selling interviews. I have created a system where you only need five interviews to hire for any job. How this is accomplished is by putting jobs into five organizational hierarchical levels: Entry Level, Professional Level, Supervisor Level, Senior Manager Level and Executive Level. Through the types of questions and format I have developed for each interview, you can tailor each interview for the millions of jobs within each of those levels. Don’t worry this is not my sales pitch to the public but it is just a brief explanation for this post. J

Along with the five interviews, the buyer will also get my 80 page guide book that teaches them in 9 simple steps how to interview effectively so that they get the right hire. Finally as a bonus they will receive a reference interview to conduct proper reference checks.

The target audience is small businesses that do not have the resources and/or skills or knowledge to hire effectively. As we all know a bad hiring decision can be devastating financially. By following my process for interviews, as if you were following a recipe for making a cake, the small business will greatly reduce their risk of making a terrible hiring decision.

So….I am a month out from launching my website to sell this and all transactions were going to go through Clickbank. Through my research affiliate marketing looks like a great way to get my product out to the masses. However, someone pointed out that Click bank really just targets consumers with consumer type guides (i.e. fitness guides etc.). My product is business to business. Is Clickbank the best option or should I be looking elsewhere? As I said in my previous post I am planning on selling this for $47. My goal as with anyone trying to sell something is generating volume in sales. Clickbank seems like a good option to get my product marketed.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I've had no success with clickbank.

The numbers look good assuming you're using 'theoretical' numbers.
Theoretical numbers look something like this:
Wow! There are X marketers promoting clickbank products! If I can even get just Y promoting my product, I'll be set. They'll each only have to sell Z a day and I'm a millionaire!

Actual numbers will look a little more like this:
It's been a month and I have 0 sales? REALLY?!

If you want any chance of selling this thing, sell it directly through your website. Set up your OWN affiliate program (clickbankers will expect 70%+ of profits, IF they decide to promote you, and clickbank takes a cut as well). Strategically contact people to promote this. Look for management blogs and the like.

The people you NEED to promote this, aren't actively looking on clickbank for a product to promote. They're out there doing their own thing. You have to find them and contact them directly

LucidMike

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 1, 2013
So….I am a month out from launching my website to sell this and all transactions were going to go through Clickbank. Through my research affiliate marketing looks like a great way to get my product out to the masses. However, someone pointed out that Click bank really just targets consumers with consumer type guides (i.e. fitness guides etc.). My product is business to business. Is Clickbank the best option or should I be looking elsewhere? As I said in my previous post I am planning on selling this for $47. My goal as with anyone trying to sell something is generating volume in sales. Clickbank seems like a good option to get my product marketed.

Thoughts?

As an affiliate marketer this is going to be a really tough experience for you. The benefit of using a 3rd party like ClickBank to handle your transactions is it frees you from having to handle all the billing side of having an affiliate program.

Unless you have a REAL GAME CHANGER of a product (no offense but the niche is too small to qualify for this) no one is going to go out of their way to go to your website and go through the process of signing up for your affiliate program. Not to mention if they did, then you would have to mail 1099s at the end of the year, etc. Pain in the but.

ClickBank has tons of affiliates, but how many of them are actively looking for new products to promote? Not many. You would really have to get in front of some people and drum up interest in your product.

If you do any Joint Venture work with list owners I would recommend ClickBank or JVZoo as then you don't risk having someone in a 3rd world country sell xxx of your products, you pay them commission on a required net 7 they would demand, then you find out they were all stolen credit cards and you already paid them commissions. Happens all the time to people new the affiliate game.

So in closing, yes ClickBank can be good, definitely don't expect to just throw your product up and have thousands of people selling it without doing any recruiting yourself.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Does anyone have experience with something like hasoffers.com over clickbank/share-a-sale? I'm really interested in hitting AF hard for my product/business...but my knowledge in the AF world is lacking. I was also thinking about hiring an AF broker to push AF to promote my product...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Does anyone have experience with something like hasoffers.com over clickbank/share-a-sale? I'm really interested in hitting AF hard for my product/business...but my knowledge in the AF world is lacking. I was also thinking about hiring an AF broker to push AF to promote my product...

I have quite a bit of experience with Share a Sale and many out sourced program mangers (OPM's) there.
Open another thread and we can start a conversation.

LucidMike

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 1, 2013

You will run into similar problems as I stated with the Clickbank one if you run your own offer through HasOffers. HasOffers works well and you can partner with outside affiliate networks to run the offer utilizing the HasOffers tracking. Just remember though the affiliate space is ruthless. No network or affiliates are going to run your offer unless it is going to make them money. They could care less how rock solid it is of a product, its all about "will it convert".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.