The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thoughts On Using Smart Drugs To Get Ahead ?

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
I mean the corporate world is a very competitive world where the stakes are very high and people will do anything to get an edge.

This has spawned the nootropics industry, which as we know natural supplements will never compare to actual pharma grade drugs.

You can't compare Gingko Biloba or green tea to Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta, Provigil etc.

If you can be more productive, work faster, work smarter and have a greater mental capacity, would you take that chance ?

Hollywoods stars, military personnel, athletes & ceos been caught/admitted to using them.

What are your thoughts on using them in a legal/safe manner.

Disclaimer: I have recently been prescribed ADHD meds for lack of concentration/focus even though I am able to work pretty hard (when able to focus) I could work way harder if I could focus at will. I have not gone to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription and Im on edge as to whether I should head down this path or not.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
I'm personally a huge sceptic when it comes to supplements of this kind. I feel they tell us what we want to hear.

I'd much rather stick to what mother nature has to offer; mostly in the form of green smoothies and juices. Seriously, that stuff can catapult your energy, focus and drive in just a couple of weeks. Another thing you could do is try taking a cold bath/shower for 5 mins once a day.

The high you get off that is ridiculous! (The added bonus? It's all 100% natural) :)

Either way man, it's your choice and your body. Just be mindful!

Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Very little research has actually been conclusive on Piracetam-like drugs on the effects on healthy people. Findings have been statistically insignificant.

However, there has been evidence that this class of nootropics can help people suffering from brain damage or cognitive deficits due to dementia or old age.

Stimulants, though, have been shown to work quite well, causing increased function in working memory and cognitive ability.

I don't think using these kinds of drugs to work harder/smarter is unethical. Then again, I also don't think using anabolic steroids to get ahead in professional sports is unethical, either.

I do, however, think they could potentially be dangerous. Use at your own risk.

Not only that, but using Adderall or Ritalin without a prescription is illegal. If you get caught, I don't feel sorry for you.

Adderall isn't like Piracetam, by the way: it's a stimulant made of amphetamine salts. It's essentially crystal speed, and speed has been known for decades by rock stars and bankers as a 'get shit done' drug.

Not only this... but caffeine is completely legal and does the same damn thing (albeit requiring higher doses than amphetamines). Save your money and brew yourself a cup of joe.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Ordered Modafinil a few hours ago.
I'll use it only in cases of intense brainfog but where performance is required, just like jet pilots use it on long missions.

The dosage and frequency of dosing makes the poison.
What comes up, must come down.

I'd say go for it, but take it only as needed, not as prescribed by the dealers in white coats.
But hey, I'm not a doctor.

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
Very little research has actually been conclusive on Piracetam-like drugs on the effects on healthy people. Findings have been statistically insignificant.

However, there has been evidence that this class of nootropics can help people suffering from brain damage or cognitive deficits due to dementia or old age.

Stimulants, though, have been shown to work quite well, causing increased function in working memory and cognitive ability.

I don't think using these kinds of drugs to work harder/smarter is unethical. Then again, I also don't think using anabolic steroids to get ahead in professional sports is unethical, either.

I do, however, think they could potentially be dangerous. Use at your own risk.

Not only that, but using Adderall or Ritalin without a prescription is illegal. If you get caught, I don't feel sorry for you.

Adderall isn't like Piracetam, by the way: it's a stimulant made of amphetamine salts. It's essentially crystal speed, and speed has been known for decades by rock stars and bankers as a 'get shit done' drug.

Not only this... but caffeine is completely legal and does the same damn thing (albeit requiring higher doses than amphetamines). Save your money and brew yourself a cup of joe.

Like I said I have a prescription I just haven't gone and got the drug yet from the pharmacy so there is nothing illegal here. The one I got prescribed is concerts XL which is methylphenidate which is a dopamine/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor not amphetamine salts.

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
Ordered Modafinil a few hours ago.
I'll use it only in cases of intense brainfog but where performance is required, just like jet pilots use it on long missions.

The dosage and frequency of dosing makes the poison.

I'd say go for it, but take it only as needed, not as prescribed by the dealers in white coats.
But hey, I'm not a doctor.

LOL I am not talking about ordering black market drugs online, how do you even know if you are getting correctly dosed substance/safe.

For all you know they could be made in a mexican bathtub.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
LOL I am not talking about ordering black market drugs online, how do you even know if you are getting correctly dosed substance/safe.

For all you know they could be made in a mexican bathtub.
LOL and I'm not telling you to order black market drugs online (I'll let them check at a safer drug-use lab btw ;))

There you go:
I'd say go for it, but take it only as needed

phenom4hire

Onwards and Upwards
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 26, 2011
Jesup, GA
I never have and don't see the benefit of starting now. It would just turn into one more crutch or excuse. I think whats done the best for me its just clearing my mind several times throughout the day to keep stress levels down. This is something Ive battled a long time and stress seems to be the main culprit in slowing me down or fogging up my mental aptitude.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
The one I got prescribed is concerts XL which is methylphenidate which is a dopamine/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor not amphetamine salts.

Either way, if you got a prescription, your doctor believes you need it. Take it as prescribed. See what happens.

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
This actually is my new business. Its an all natural combination and much stronger than retaline and the other stuff.

It will be on the market in April, its legal now, Im hoping it stays that way.

If you use it early in the day it can give an amazing boost of focus for important stuff that lasts hours and hours, just make sure you keep eating healthy.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
It's all cool until you realize the consequences of withdrawal effects and the fact that you're hooked on that crap. Unless you are medically diagnosed of having ADHD I wouldn't advice to take any of those magic pills. IMO pharmaceutical industry tries to convince us how weak we are without their magic pills...the truth is human potential is unlimited.

Also, concentration is a skill and skill can be improved. So, improve your concentration by utilizing techniques such as POMODORO and don't look for a happy pill mate. Also, if you want to stay awake, take some pure caffeine powder (warning: withdrawal effects are bad); it's cheaper than speed, still legal and will keep you awake...however, keeping you awake and helping your cognitive system to perform better isn't the same thing.

tycoon7

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 20, 2013
Sure you will "be more productive, work faster, work smarter and have a greater mental capacity"
BUT and that's the biggest drawback - it will fade after some time, and will make you depend on those drugs,
and later you won't be able to function at all without them. And recovery is very bad.

Also if you google around you will see that while Adderall/Ritalin make you focused they do NOT make you smarter,
lots of people say they take your creativity from you. And often make you choose not optimal decisions.
So for example for coding Adderall/Ritalin is great. But for design work you might see negative effect.

The best drug for ADHD is the hard drug = working our every day + diet(low carb usually good for ADHD)
This drug will make you healthier and will never turn on you, will not develop tolerance, no terrible sides, etc.

RunWithIt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2016
Canada
I mean the corporate world is a very competitive world where the stakes are very high and people will do anything to get an edge.

This has spawned the nootropics industry, which as we know natural supplements will never compare to actual pharma grade drugs.

You can't compare Gingko Biloba or green tea to Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta, Provigil etc.

If you can be more productive, work faster, work smarter and have a greater mental capacity, would you take that chance ?

Hollywoods stars, military personnel, athletes & ceos been caught/admitted to using them.

Disclaimer: I have recently been prescribed ADHD meds for lack of concentration/focus even though I am able to work pretty hard (when able to focus) I could work way harder if I could focus at will. I have not gone to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription and Im on edge as to whether I should head down this path or not.

They can be great but at the same time I haven't had the experience with them as they are advertised.

I have dabbled in Provigil and kratom, here is my experience,

The first time taking a half dose of 100 mg I was nearly off the wall, extremely organised but not so much productive, and though I was not tired I certainly was not feeling energetic more lethargic if anything ( this was my experience each time I took it ) my anxiety was definitely up but this faded with more use. I did however become a more efficient blogger and lover while I was on this stuff but that could have something to do with hardly sleeping for 20 or more hours after taking it lol. I recommend drink minimum 3 litres of water if you choose to take Provigil it causes a very irritating headache in most ( minor but there )

P.S Reading for me was nearly impossible I could just not focus on a single thing for more than 5 minutes.

Kratom though not a smart drug was awesome for me, throw it in a protein shake and off you go, I would say a very calm/motivated feeling for me for the next 4-5 hours, while it doesn't last to long and I don't like to overdue anything it starts the day off right 99% of the time, ( sometimes its just a bad day no matter what )

Disclaimer: This is not medical advice and I am in no way associated with either of these product manufactures

RunWithIt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2016
Canada
Sure you will "be more productive, work faster, work smarter and have a greater mental capacity"
BUT and that's the biggest drawback - it will fade after some time, and will make you depend on those drugs,
and later you won't be able to function at all without them. And recovery is very bad.

I somewhat disagree with this, I have not touched a single smart drug in 2 months and nothing has changed for me, though I am not saying go out and do them for a year straight but if used responsibly they can have positive effects without the negative sides.

Personally I have made more progress in the last month to becoming a fastlaner than In the 8 months I was experimenting with the smarty drugs.

I am a big fan of L - Theanine though I find it calms me down nicely if I have a big meeting or a large social gathering to attend ( damn introvert mind )
also have some crazy vivid dreams from that stuff:wideyed:

tycoon7

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 20, 2013
I somewhat disagree with this, I have not touched a single smart drug in 2 months and nothing has changed for me, though I am not saying go out and do them for a year straight but if used responsibly they can have positive effects without the negative sides.

Personally I have made more progress in the last month to becoming a fastlaner than In the 8 months I was experimenting with the smarty drugs.

I am a big fan of L - Theanine though I find it calms me down nicely if I have a big meeting or a large social gathering to attend ( damn introvert mind )
also have some crazy vivid dreams from that stuff:wideyed:
RunWithIt agree with you that easier more natural things like kratom can be used more or less without side effects.
If cycled it CAN be viable strategy.

L - Theanine is good stuff. Was using it years ago. Amazing for programming. No sides at all. Can be used it everyday. Theanine+Coffee weak analog of Adderall.
Rhodiola Rosea is also very good for concentration, but should be cycled. Ginseng is good for concentration too. There are lots of natural pretty much side effect free soltuions.

My point was regarding Adderall/Ritalin. It's very strong stuff. And if you can do it without them - better do. The boost you will receive from them can be not worth it in the longterm.

RunWithIt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2016
Canada
RunWithIt agree with you that easier more natural things like kratom can be used more or less without side effects.
If cycled it CAN be viable strategy.

L - Theanine is good stuff. Was using it years ago. Amazing for programming. No sides at all. Can be used it everyday. Theanine+Coffee weak analog of Adderall.
Rhodiola Rosea is also very good for concentration, but should be cycled. Ginseng is good for concentration too. There are lots of natural pretty much side effect free soltuions.

My point was regarding Adderall/Ritalin. It's very strong stuff. And if you can do it without them - better do. The boost you will receive from them can be not worth it in the longterm.

Have not tried Adderall/Ritalin > I try to stay away from chemical drugs, keep it as natural as possible. Provigil was just to tempting the way it was being advertised on some of the websites/forums I frequent.

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
Either way, if you got a prescription, your doctor believes you need it. Take it as prescribed. See what happens.

What he said, follow your doctor's advice, try it. Never self medicate

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Buy the book....The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod.

Enough said.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.