The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This thread is for you if you are struggling to change

Anything related to matters of the mind

Willing2Learn

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 25, 2017
United States
Inspired by some great motivational threads I have read, I decided to make this thread to help newcomers, people who have read The Millionaire Fastlane and/or Unscripted , and haven't really made much change and progress in their lives, or are simply struggling to do so. Maybe reading my backstory will help you make progress in your life?

If you don't feel like reading all of this backstory, just scroll all the way down to THE BULLET POINTS.

Please bare in mind, that I'm a newcomer myself. I am just starting out, and I have a long ways to go. But I want to tell my story, so that if you have found yourself in a similar boat, that it may help you get on to a much better boat.

For the last 7 years or so, I got caught up in all of the self-help bullshit. I bought books and naively believed a lot of what I read, because the logic of what was in the books sounded good. I consider myself a logical thinker. I learned a very important lesson. Just because something sounds logical, in that it appeals to your logical reasoning and seems like it makes sense, doesn't mean it does.

I'm talking about books that relate to the Law of Attraction, The Secret, How to re-program your subconscious mind, affirmations, meditations, etc. I learned the hard way that all of this stuff is basically bullshit. And I really believed all of this shit too.

I started finding that out, and then when I ready MJ's book, The Millionaire Fastlane , about a year ago or so, it basically confirmed it.

Life is hard. Growing up, I used to think life was easy. Even in my 20's, I thought life was easy. It wasn't until I was around 28 when my whole perspective on life changed. Life is hard, and there are no shortcuts. Because nothing was coming "easy" to me.

I wrote down affirmations, and affirmations alone are like mental masturbation. Reading them is supposed to make you feel good and empowered, but without action, they don't mean shit. In fact, if you like affirmations because it relates to the Law of Attraction, they're even worse.

That being said, I wrote down my own affirmations on my dry-erase calender board. Affirmations that are personal to me, that help me. But they are merely a reminder that I need to continue to push on.

"No more excuses."
"Just do it...and do it now."
"It is better to try and fail, than not to have tried at all."
"You can do this [my real name here]."
"Master your mind, master your life."
"Nothing is set in stone [my real name here]."

Now granted, most of these affirmations are not brand new. But these are affirmations that resonated with me, and when I wrote them down on my calender, they came from me. I didn't look at a website or a book, and decide "Oh that sounds good, let me write them down." No, they came from me, as a kick to myself, "Do what you gotta do." I wrote these affirmations down while I was doing things, in a stressed state of mind. A state of mind where you have a sense of urgency.

Because along with my old perception of life being easy, I used to think time was abundant as well. Boy was I wrong. The years go by like nothing, and MJ's book TMF hit it right on the head. Definitely confirmed what I knew.

I'm 31 now, and will be 32 next month. However, when I turned 30 a year ago, I was not happy. I WAS STRESSED. Because of how fast the years were going by, I realized that in 20 years, I'll be 50, and that scares the shit out of me. Because if I haven't made it by 50, I will never make it. That's how I look at it. And that is a great motivator for me.

In my mind, I now have 18 years to make it. And obviously by making it, I'm talking about wealth, which is the wealth as MJ describes it (I'm still gradually trying to push the money-seeking mentality out of my head).

I have adopted the value-providing mindset, even though the money-seeking mindset is still dominant. But as days become weeks, and weeks become months, in time, I hope to lose that money-seeking mentality completely, so I can be the best I can be.

It is easier to get motivated when you think about time. But even in your 20's, you feel young, and you may feel you still have all of the time in the world. You don't. Take it from me. The younger you are, the greater the advantage you have.

You gotta want it. You gotta want it for yourself. Because if you don't want it for yourself, no one else is. Only you can change your life, because no one else can. You are in control of your own mind and body.

When I found out a couple of months ago that MJ put out another book, Unscripted , I decided to read it, because my life wasn't really going anywhere. A member on this forum had mentioned that he read TMF at least 12 times, and that inspired me. I had only read TMF once, because I honestly had no desire to read it again. And I noticed something...

When I read it again, a second time, I actually gained more this time around. It has been almost a year since I read it the first time. And while I thought it was excellent the first-time around, reading a second time really left an imprint on my mind. I don't remember for sure, but it was either the reading of Unscripted , or the re-reading of TMF, which made my decision to cancel going back to BOCES.

I had already enrolled in their major plumbing program, but there were a few things:

- I had already taken two plumbing programs there, and I did excellent in them.
- Plumbing was something that I honestly had no interest in. I was doing it out of necessity, because getting a job even with a college degree today is hard, so I figured a technical skill wouldn't hurt.
- Even getting my two degress of completion, I still can't get a job in the field!

Companies don't want people fresh out of school. They want people with some experience. And out of all the plumbing places I applied to, none of them called me back, despite that I showed my face a few times.

And despite any kind of degree, all of the jobs today SUCK. I mean, literally, they just downright suck.

That, and with my reasons to make it, and the shortness of time, is my major motivator to try to do the best that I can. And that is why I'm here on this forum.

I deleted all of my recorded videos on my DirecTV box, and everyday I've been making an effort to read, read, and read, and if possible, do. And over the past month, at my job, normally I would take lunch with my co-workers, and we'd laugh and have fun. I decided to eat alone and read Unscripted .

I still have a lot to learn, and a lot to do. And wish luck to anyone who is in the same boat as me, and really has a desire to take control of their lives.

THE BULLET POINTS

- Affirmations are good, as long as they really resonate with you. They should come from within, and REMIND YOU that you have to push forward. Sacrifice, Persistence, Fight Procrastination and EXCUSES, and push on.

- Nobody is perfect, and getting into a habit is not an overnight thing. It's going to take a month or so of just reminding yourself why you are doing what you're doing, and take baby steps if you have to. ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF TO TAKE ACTION.

- Time is limited. You don't have all the time in the world. Bare that in mind, and do your best to push forward.

- If you are like me and only read The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted once, READ THEM AGAIN. Take a pen and notebook, underline all the sentences in the pages that are the most important to you, and reference those pages in your notebook.

- Here are just some of the important threads on this forum that I bookmarked:

GOLD - Is This Fastlane? (Uh, no, it isn't.)
GOLD - MJ is Offering FREE Mentoring! (Version 2)
GOLD - The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread
GOLD - No network? No money? No idea? No education? NO PROBLEM!
GOLD - I'm sorry, but this is going to be painful for a lot of you...
GOLD - 7 Things to Do if You Don’t Want to Be a Millionaire
GOLD - THIS is why you are STUCK.
GOLD - The final solution to all "I have some money what do I do?" threads.
GOLD - Save Yourself Years Of Frustration; It Worked For Me!

- Please listen to Andy Black's Radio Interview. Here's the link:
How to Quickly Get Started in Business

- And last but not least, if this helps, here is my desktop background. Yes, this is my desktop background, custom-made. Please bare in mind that my screen resolution is 1024x600 on my laptop, in order to have everything look bigger, hence the desktop background is 1024x600. That being said, you should still be able to read the words.

My custom desktop background:
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5253

If you don't want to use my desktop background, I encourage you to create your own. Make something that is going to always be there in the background, to let you know that "Something is different. I'm doing something different." This will help motivate you.

I hope that this thread has helped any of you, and I want to say a Thank You to everyone who made those great motivational threads, and inspired me to make this one. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.