The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This could change your life

Anything related to matters of the mind

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Feb 15, 2019
Hey guys,

Just wanted to hop on real quick to share something that I've been doing that I have recently seen come to fruition in my life that I hope can help.

WARNING LONG POST INBOUND

It's the key that could make you take action and start your business, or cultivate the discipline to stay on your game and even when you don't feel like it, or could simply be applied to change any area in your life.

How you do one thing is how you do everything.

Do you procrastinate when you know you should be cold-calling, or shooting out emails, or working harder than you are?
I'm willing to bet it shows up in every area of your life... I bet you also procrastinate to go to the gym, I bet you also hit the snooze button on your alarm twice every morning.

Are you inconsistent with business? Do you work hard for two days then take 5 days off?
I'm willing to bet you are inconsistent in relationships, hot and cold with people around you, I bet you go to the gym three days in a row then fall off for 2 weeks. I bet your whole life and emotions is a big roller coaster where you only do what you feel like doing at that time.

This all used to describe me. And occasionally still can, but it has become far less frequent. Where I used to procrastinate daily, I find myself maybe only procrastinating once a week but quickly snap out of it. I used to be inconsistent, only doing what I FELT like doing rather than what I SHOULD be doing. etc, etc.

Here's how I changed it, and in a short period of time. HOW YOU DO ONE THING IS HOW YOU DO EVERYTHING.
For example, If you struggle with procrastination, it's time to kick procrastination out of every area in your life. Are you eating right now as you browse the forums? Good, but after you're done eating immediately wash your plate and put it away. Do not set it to the side and procrastinate it. Want to go to the gym, but in an hour? Make yourself go right now. That obnoxious alarm blaring at 5 am and want to hit snooze? Hit the light switch instead and get up.

Another thing I initially struggled with was taking action. I tended to overthink before taking a step forward. As most do. I took an audit though, and tried to pick up on where this was in other areas of my life. I noticed in my day job that I recently quit where this would show up. If my boss had told me to move some boxes around or put something away, I would stop and think for a second of the best way to do it. If I was going to pressure wash a house, I would pause and pretend to "analyze" before jumping on it.
I turned this around by changing how I performed these simple tasks. When I would get to a pressure washing job, immediately start unloading my equipment while I analyzed. When told to put boxes etc away, I would immediately take a step in the direction and start picking up the boxes while analyzing. The key here is to get yourself in the habit of taking the action before thinking.

The idea is simple. Your shortcomings, or bad habits, or things you want to fix will show up in EVERY SINGLE AREA of your life, not just your business. Take the steps to rid them from every minor area of your life until they are nonexistent. It's tough, it sucks, but once you train this muscle it will flow seamlessly in every aspect of your life.

It seems petty to put your plate away immediately, to take a step towards your goal before thinking, to turn on the light instead of hitting snooze one time. But I assure you, implement this for a few weeks and watch how your life magically changes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
That hits where it counts! I do circle around a task quite a bit. A lot of that is fear. Although, when I am writing, the 'circling time' or 'doing anything except that one thing' helps me get my thoughts in order so I can crank out whatever it is I am writing.
Thanks for the reminder.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.