The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Think Long term instead of short term

Anything related to matters of the mind

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Now I have come to a realisation that I could get soo much, i mean soo much If i just do less but for longer period of time.

Let me just give example
A 30 hr tutorial for app development, I decided to Complete in a week but I was not able to Complete and fealt overwhelmed and it turned to a year and still have not completed what i did procastinate while sitting in front of laptop(ACTION FAKING), but what I should have done is do 1 - 1.5 hrs daily and I could have easily Completed the course.
I don't regret this as much as I regret the amount of fun experience I never had.

This was not only one instance,
I repeated this behaviour so many times.

From now onwards I plan to do things long term this does not mean poor quality work but deep work with smart work.

Please share your experiences and tips

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

abhishekk_33

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jun 14, 2020
Bihar,India
Now I have come to a realisation that I could get soo much, i mean soo much If i just do less but for longer period of time.

Let me just give example
A 30 hr tutorial for app development, I decided to Complete in a week but I was not able to Complete and fealt overwhelmed and it turned to a year and still have not completed what i did procastinate while sitting in front of laptop(ACTION FAKING), but what I should have done is do 1 - 1.5 hrs daily and I could have easily Completed the course.
I don't regret this as much as I regret the amount of fun experience I never had.

From now onwards I plan to do things long term this does not mean poor quality work but deep work with smart work.

Seeing your post... I'm assuming you're a teenager or in your early 20s..

see...at this age... you'll discover many shiny things in your life...

Authors' magical formulas, self-help books, Motivational gurus,Your network marketing buddies,So-called experts who don't practice what they preach...
And much more....

even in your post.... you've used many self-help pre-defined things like 'smart work',' action faking','long term' etc..

I'm not saying they're fake...

What I'm trying to advice you is...
There's a difference between Believing and Seeking...
Make sure you're seeking new things.... not just blindly believing in them...

Experiment with them....see wether they work or not....try,fail, realise new things.
New experience,New learning...

Don't be the guy,who reads 20 books a year and doesn't even knows 'how to talk to a stranger'..or 'why does his life sucks'...

Intellectual understanding that is not backed by experiential knowledge can lead to mind games and deception. -Sadhguru

Tc

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Seeing your post... I'm assuming you're a teenager or in your early 20s..

see...at this age... you'll discover many shiny things in your life...

Authors' magical formulas, self-help books, Motivational gurus,Your network marketing buddies,So-called experts who don't practice what they preach...
And much more....

even in your post.... you've used many self-help pre-defined things like 'smart work',' action faking','long term' etc..

I'm not saying they're fake...

What I'm trying to advice you is...
There's a difference between Believing and Seeking...
Make sure you're seeking new things.... not just blindly believing in them...

Experiment with them....see wether they work or not....try,fail, realise new things.
New experience,New learning...

Don't be the guy,who reads 20 books a year and doesn't even knows 'how to talk to a stranger'..or 'why does his life sucks'...

Intellectual understanding that is not backed by experiential knowledge can lead to mind games and deception. -Sadhguru

Tc
Yes, I understand where you are coming from any you are RIGHT.
but i have not used any words without feeling it as i have mentioned one example from my life(i have many)

I am a 4th year College student

Thanks for replying

Last edited:

Daemonyos

Eudaimonia.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 3, 2020
Austria

Let me just give example

That's not how it works.
1 to 1.5h per day is already too much. There is a 99% possibility you'll not do it and get disappointed - slowly starting a neverending cycle of hating yourself.
If you want to build a habit, make the entry easy.
Keep the site and needed tools open - so that you see them the next day and only learn for 10 to 15 minutes - not more.
Willpower is limited and you have to train it like a muscle to improve it.
Slowly extend the time to 25min max and then take a break.
After some weeks, when learning's become a habit - add more work time.
Only work without breaks and for longer durations if you reach flow - this will take time and proficiency in the matter...

Slow changes like that are called kaizen.

Let's say there are two ships sailing in parallel.
After some time one of the ship changes its course 3 degrees.
At the beginning it's not much but given enough time the distance between the ships's getting massive.
That's the power of minimal changes over time.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Well, this looks like a motivation and purpose problem.

Why would it take you a whole year to do that?

If you understood the problem or opportunity enough it would be clear what knowledge is needed.

All of sudden, being lost as to what to do next becomes irrelevant.

I have found that it all starts with having the right model of the economy in your mind. Then it becomes clear what you know or don’t know as to how to create that value and allocate resources.

To get rich in America you have to know how the American economy works. Complex yes, and seemingly impossible, but it can’t be packed into a little model. Then you move into the nitty gritty and work on the micro aspects of the business.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Well, this looks like a motivation and purpose problem.

Why would it take you a whole year to do that?

If you understood the problem or opportunity enough it would be clear what knowledge is needed.

All of sudden, being lost as to what to do next becomes irrelevant.

I have found that it all starts with having the right model of the economy in your mind. Then it becomes clear what you know or don’t know as to how to create that value and allocate resources.

To get rich in America you have to know how the American economy works. Complex yes, and seemingly impossible, but it can’t be packed into a little model. Then you move into the nitty gritty and work on the micro aspects of the business.
I was a motivation problem but I greatly believe if I have broken it down for a month i could have completed it.
Why I stopped, It became too much difficult that I stopped after 6th day.

For this specific reason I will start 1001 days challenge, for start doing before next Sunday

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I remember finally grasping what long term thinking was like when I did the 75 Hard challenge. I was so committed to completing that thing that when I started, I could look ahead 2 months and know exactly what I was going to be doing... I was going to be doing 2x 45-minute exercises, drinking a gallon of water... etc.

There was a mind shift in being able to look ahead and know what I could expect. It was like opening the door to thinking long term for me. Maybe it would be the same for you?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
There was a mind shift in being able to look ahead and know what I could expect. It was like opening the door to thinking long term for me. Maybe it would be the same for you?
Yes you are correct, It was a realization

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Ya and there's something different about acting it out physically rather than just imagining it intellectually.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.