The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

They're selling what???

Insidious

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 3, 2019
Asheville, NC
As a non-consumer, I pretty regularly come across items that I can't believe are for sale (lack of imagination I guess). Here's my latest find, THE LOG! New and improved! Only $14.99!

IMG_20190703_175455846_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20190703_175625180[1].jpg

At first I thought they were selling it as a seat (the handle threw me off). But nope, this is for burning.

I can totally imagine the brainstorming session for this product. How can we get people to have bonfires more often?? What's wrong with 'the log'? Hard to carry! Dirty bark! Hard to light! Lacking in aesthetics!

This does disturbingly remind me of what they scientists were focused on in Idiocracy...

What have you found out there?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I thought the same when I first saw $10 bags at 7-11 for sale labeled “camp wood” with 3 pieces of firewood in it. I thought, people can’t be that incapable, can they? To have to have someone put 3 sticks in a bag for you to burn?

Yup. They can.

I cringe at the energy used to create this product - to remove the bark, actually sand the thing smooth and ease all the edges so people can’t get a splinter, cut channels through the middle, apply a rope handle, burn their logo into it with an iron, create packaging (yes, packaging, for a stick), market and ship it.

This is for people who’ve never been outside. I guess they’re as good a market as any.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I don't see a problem with the product.

It's a bonfire for lazy people.

Pay $15. Get 1.5 hours of enjoyment. None of the inconvenience that comes with normal bonfires -- looking for logs, making sure they're dry, setting everything up, getting something to start the fire, etc.

Put down the log, light a match, you're ready to go.

Bonfire2-1024x1024.jpg

Removing the bark allows for the product to be distributed.

No mess in the trucks transporting it or the store displaying it. That's my guess after seeing the original photo on the company's website vs your post.

Also, the price on their site is $9. $15 is likely the markup that allows it to be distributed.

akudha

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 7, 2019
Over the years I've come across all kinds of things that people sell and buy, nothing surprises me anymore.

Some memorable ones : Doggles (goggles for dogs), pet rocks, antenna balls, an iPhone fart app that made 30k USD in a single day ....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Insidious

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 3, 2019
Asheville, NC

Please SEARCH before posting.