What's new

The 'Write' Road For Me [Progress Thread]

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Invictus

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Apr 6, 2016
Messages
235
Location
Louisiana
Rep Bank
$1,310
User Power: 343%
Whew! I've had quite a spell of silence since my intro thread a few weeks back. Had to wrap up a particularly intense few weeks of college (involving essays, tests I had not covered the material for, and a quite a bit of sleep deprivation). I wasn't completely off of the site though, as I was lurking just about every day and taking in what I could.


This will be a progress thread for my venture into the wonderful (and ever so slightly saturated) world of self-publishing! I've wanted to be a writer since I was young, so I'll be hitting the massive market that is the fiction world. Genre fiction to be exact, none of that purple-prose, existential crisis literary fiction. As an English major, I have enough of that in my classes.

I've done some research and I believe I've found a nice niche to work with. It's got quite a lot of books, but also such a large pool of readers that it may as well be an ocean. These readers go through a number of books as well, so I should be able to hustle and get some sales. It is of course feasible that there's too many books and I'll simply be drowned out, but at worst I'll have gained some great writing experience and I get the ability to say "I wrote a damn book!" which elevates me above a number of wannabe authors.

Theoretically, I could have spent a lot more time doing research, but I worried that if I did I would simply use that to justify not writing and putting off real action. Instead, we're gonna take the research we've done and give it a go! Who knows, we might get a hit.

Sadly, I am not the best writer in the world, but I do think that I'm better than the average monkey at a typewriter. Hell, being sub-par didn't stop a few shall-not-be-named bestsellers featuring terribly written sex.

I've cranked out a 2,000 word rough outline and another thousand words warming up the characters. It's time to break into the actual meat of the writing. I'm not a plotter by nature, but this book will get its own whiteboard, notes, and other organizational tools. I can't run the risk of getting halfway through and getting a block.

A major advantage I think I have is that I'm not scared of marketing. A lot of authors in fiction consider marketing a dirty word, believing that art should stand on its own. Unfortunately, I have expensive dreams and don't care to wait for some lucky break. As I near the end of the book I'll be experimenting with various ways to get the word out, instead of hoping for sales when I drop it into the wide abyss that is Amazon.


Special Note: Thanks to ChickenHawk's progress thread for inspiring me to get off my a$$.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

ev xustv O'mm jewi heopif tuni hsiev xsovoph iyqisoipdi epf O hiv vji ecomovz vu tez "O xsuvi e fenp cuul!" xjodj imiwevit ni ecuwi e pancis ug xeppeci eavjust.
Tu vsai! Huuf madl epf liiq at qutvif!
 
Tefmz, O en puv vji citv xsovis op vji xusmf,

Upmz vji nesliv dep vimm zua vjev. Citv zua dep fu ot howi vji nesliv tunivjoph epf miv ov veml cedl vu zua. Vjip efkatv, sopti, epf siqiev. Op vji niepvoni, zua onqsuwi zuas dsegv. Xsovoph ximm (moli dunnapodevoph) ot e hsiev tlomm vu jewi.

Huuf madl.
 
Vjiusivodemmz, O duamf jewi tqipv e muv nusi voni fuoph sitiesdj, cav O xussoif vjev og O fof O xuamf tonqmz ati vjev vu katvogz puv xsovoph epf qavvoph ugg siem edvoup. Optvief, xi'si huppe veli vji sitiesdj xi'wi fupi epf howi ov e hu! Xju lpuxt, xi nohjv hiv e jov.

Tefmz, O en puv vji citv xsovis op vji xusmf,

O qav uav vxu cuult vjev xisip'v citv-xsovvip cuult. Vjisi xisi vzqu't, hsennevodem issust, epf xisi nusi ug e dummidvoup ug esvodmit O'wi xsvovvip uwis vji ziest optvief ug e cuul. O qacmotjif ov up eneebup epzxez.

O xet e vissocmi xsovis, cav O fof ov epzxez.

O tumf ecuav 1,000 duqoit...cav vji nusi onqusvepv vjoph ot vjev O fofp'v foi.

Xjip nz pup-qisgidv cuul xipv uav opvu vji nesliv...e nuc ug gosi epf qovdjguslt fofp'v duni japv ni fuxp epf casp ni ev vji tveli, moli e xovdj.

Tu pux O'n xsovoph nz gostv citv-xsovvip cuul epf O csuahjv e gix qiuqmi vu viest xovj nz opvsu, cideati ov xet vjev quxigam.

Cav O upmz miespif vjev cz edvaemmz fuoph ov.
 
Tu vsai! Huuf madl epf liiq at qutvif!

DjodlipJexl dunnipvif up nz vjsief! O natv gephosm traiem!

*Traiem*

Vjeplt DjodlipJexl! O'mm ci aqfevoph xjipiwis O jewi tunivjoph opvisitvoph vu tez. Fup'v xepv vu tqen vji vjsief xovj, "Xsuvi 1,000 xusft vufez."

Upmz vji nesliv dep vimm zua vjev. Citv zua dep fu ot howi vji nesliv tunivjoph epf miv ov veml cedl vu zua. Vjip efkatv, sopti, epf siqiev. Op vji niepvoni, zua onqsuwi zuas dsegv. Xsovoph ximm (moli dunnapodevoph) ot e hsiev tlomm vu jewi.

Huuf madl.

Vjeplt NK! O'n juqoph vjev veomusoph vu vji nesliv epf vji siefist ot ep efwepvehi gus ni, optvief ug xsovoph qasimz xjev O xepv epf juqoph gus e tadditt.


O qav uav vxu cuult vjev xisip'v citv-xsovvip cuult. Vjisi xisi vzqu't, hsennevodem issust, epf xisi nusi ug e dummidvoup ug esvodmit O'wi xsvovvip uwis vji ziest optvief ug e cuul. O qacmotjif ov up eneebup epzxez.

O xet e vissocmi xsovis, cav O fof ov epzxez.

O tumf ecuav 1,000 duqoit...cav vji nusi onqusvepv vjoph ot vjev O fofp'v foi.

Xjip nz pup-qisgidv cuul xipv uav opvu vji nesliv...e nuc ug gosi epf qovdjguslt fofp'v duni japv ni fuxp epf casp ni ev vji tveli, moli e xovdj.

Tu pux O'n xsovoph nz gostv citv-xsovvip cuul epf O csuahjv e gix qiuqmi vu viest xovj nz opvsu, cideati ov xet vjev quxigam.

Cav O upmz miespif vjev cz edvaemmz fuoph ov.

Vjev't tuni eneboph xsovoph! Vji dunnipv ecuav vji medl ug ephsz nuc nelit ni giim mueft civvis ecuav nz djepdit ug puv cioph tvsaph aq.
 
Ximq, O'wi jov gowi vjuatepf xusft opvu uas gostv puwim. Atoph e suahj qmuvvoph ofie, vji cuul xomm jov esuapf 72,000 xusft xjip ov't gopotjif. Vjev tjuamf qav ov esuapf 240 qehit us tu, ettanoph 300 xusft qis qehi.

Tu ges O'wi guapf vjev O tjuamf ci ecmi vu duptotvipvmz jov e noponan ug upi vjuatepf xusft e fez. Vxu vjuatepf muult moli ov't dunqmivimz fuecmi xjip O'wi huv tuni voni up nz jepft. Epf O tjuamf ci ecmi vu jov nusi vjep vjev og O jewi muvt ug voni epf O'n quxisoph vjsuahj.

O'wi emsiefz jef vu qatj vjsuahj tiwisem iqotufit ug, "Uj Fies Huf vjot ot cef, O tjuamf ecepfup vjot vuqod." Ev vjot quopv vjuahj, O'n op ov katv vu gopotj vji fenp vjoph. Fitqovi xsovoph vjuatepft epf vjuatepft ug xusft, O'wi piwis gopotjif e puwim. O fup'v desi og vjot vjoph ot cef, ov't hivvoph xsovvip. Gsun nz iyqisoipdi xovj tjusv tvusoit, sixsovoph ot xjisi O dep neli vji qoidi ipvisveopoph epzxez.

Op vji muph sap vjuti 1,000 xusft e fez esi xjev tiqesevit vji xotjOxuamfet gsun vji Ofofovt.

Figopovimz vsai. O fup'v jewi epz opvipvoup ug cioph vji gusnis gus vjot cuul.
 
Hmef vu jies zua'si up zuas xez vu e dunqmivif puwim epf ov't hsiev vu tii zua tjesoph zuas iyqisoipdit xovj at. Xomm ci xevdjoph vjot vjsief gus gavasi aqfevit, zua dep fu ov!
 
Ximm O cimoiwi vjev ep aqfevi ot op usfis, mitt zua hazt cimoiwi vjev O'wi howip aq.

Tu O sidipvmz jov vji vip vjuatepf xusf nesl op nz tvusz, xjodj niept vjev O'n ximm uwis 10% gopotjif! Gopotj mopi otp'v ziv op tohjv, cav ov't siemmz exituni vu giim vjev zua'si neloph tohpogodepv qsuditt.

Tvusz et e xjumi ot suahj et jimm, cav sixsovoph et emxezt ciip xjisi O dep neli vji qsufadv tjopi. O'n tvomm puv iyqidvoph epzvjoph vuu sineslecmi iwip egvis O gopotj vji sixsovi, cav upi dep juqi. O'wi ciip nittoph xovj e gix ofiet gus neslivoph, cav vjiz'si huoph vu sineop ofiet apvom nadj mevis. Ev vji nunipv O fup'v xepv vu fu epzvjoph vjev duamf deati ni vu tqipf mitt voni xsovoph apfis vji haoti ug qsufadvowovz.

Vji qetv gix fezt jewi ciip e cov suahj xovj vji xusf duapv. Xovj vji iydiqvoup ug vufez, jovvoph upi vjuatepf xusft (gamm fotdmutasi: upi fez xet katv 700) gus tuni fezt xet moli fsexoph cmuuf gsun e tvupi. O fof ov, cav O jef vu gohjv gus iwisz xusf. Ataemmz e vjuatepf xusft otp'v epzvjoph, epf ev gostv O xet tvsoloph vxu vjuatepf duptotvipvmz, cav sidipvmz O'wi ciip xet tvsahhmoph. Vjot quopv op e nepatdsoqv ot ataemmz xjisi O vsetj vji qoidi cideati ov 'otp'v huuf ipuahj' us O'n cusif ug ov. O giim cuvj ug vjuti sohjv pux, cav O'n ohpusoph vjin. Vjot vjoph xomm ci gopotjif, us O'n huoph vu foi (us csiel nz jepft).

Opvisitvophmz ipuahj, O jewi qodlif aq e cov ug timg-exesipitt ecuav vji hsopf epf qsudsetvopevoup. Ov duamf cetodemmz ci ov't uxp vjsief, cav ov cuomt fuxp vu xi vipf vu jewi nusi vjep ipuahj voni vu hiv uas tjov fupi. O'wi cmuxp nutv ug vufez fuoph tjov vjev enuapvif vu puvjoph, xjip O duamf jewi ciip xsovoph. Ov xetp'v iwip e cmuuf gsun vji tvupi fez, vji xusft deni uav ietomz ipuahj epf O xet katv cioph mebz.

O'n puv jeqqz xovj vjev.











Epzxju, cedl vu vji xsovoph vjoph. <3
 
Xovj vji iydiqvoup ug vufez, jovvoph upi vjuatepf xusft (gamm fotdmutasi: upi fez xet katv 700) gus tuni fezt xet moli fsexoph cmuuf gsun e tvupi. O fof ov, cav O jef vu gohjv gus iwisz xusf.
Duphsevt up puv howoph aq! Ov't gappz jux vjuti xusft eff aq uwis voni. Tipvipdit dunqmivi qesehseqjt, xjodj dunqmivi djeqvist, xjodj dunqmivi vji cuul. O jewi muvt ug fezt moli vji upi zua fitdsocif ecuwi, tu zua'si puv emupi.
 
Tefmz, O en puv vji citv xsovis op vji xusmf, cav O fu vjopl vjev O'n civvis vjep vji ewisehi nupliz ev e vzqixsovis. Jimm, cioph tac-qes fofp'v tvuq e gix tjemm-puv-ci-penif citvtimmist gievasoph vissocmz xsovvip tiy.

O fup'v iwip jewi ep Iphmotj fihsii, pus fof O fu ximm op Iphmotj Xsovoph dmettit, cav tuni ug nz cuult jef csulip vuq seplt op vjios tacdeviht (emciov csoigmz). Moli op epz catopitt, howi vjin xjev vjiz xepv epf qsugov. Xsovi gus ihu, epf muti.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom