- Joined
- Mar 3, 2013
- Messages
- 2,109
Rep Bank
$3,195
$3,195
User Power: 160%
I've been reading about MeteorJS, which is a full-stack for making reactive web-pages. I have been drinking the kool-aid.
The case for reactive webpages is that most information on the web is now accessed through small-screen devices rather than PC's, and people want the data to react quickly to what they are doing. The also want the data to be updated on their device in real-time. Developers have been looking for a tool that allows this type of solution, without having to use native apps (which take longer to develop).
Traditional web-sites are sites of web-pages. This multi-page-based approach does not serve mobile devices very well. The tools for developing multi-page-based solutions, namely PHP frameworks and RubyOnRails, are not helpful for making single-page reactive websites. The new breed of tools, like MeteorJS, are.
In the Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, they said to compete on Price, Quality, or Convenience. A lot of traditional websites are going to start looking very dated. I see opportunity here.
A Rails developer I know, have got bogged down in making a highly-interactive page required by a customer. Rails is basically useless at that point, since it generally serves up static pages. I think they ended up using an add-on, like Angular, that helped them get that one page working. If the entire website had required that much tweaking, they would have been screwed.
There are a number of javascript frameworks for making reactive pages, though I believe MeteorJS is the only full-stack (client/server/database).
Anyway, I thought I would mention it, since I think this will be paradigm shift. The basic two causes are that most web data is accessed through mobile devices, and mobile devices are a pain to program. So the solution is mobile-friendly one-page web-apps.
https://www.meteor.com
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wa-meteor-webapps
http://www.manuel-schoebel.com/blog/meteorjs-the-perfect-match-for-lean-startups
http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/25/meteor-funding
The case for reactive webpages is that most information on the web is now accessed through small-screen devices rather than PC's, and people want the data to react quickly to what they are doing. The also want the data to be updated on their device in real-time. Developers have been looking for a tool that allows this type of solution, without having to use native apps (which take longer to develop).
Traditional web-sites are sites of web-pages. This multi-page-based approach does not serve mobile devices very well. The tools for developing multi-page-based solutions, namely PHP frameworks and RubyOnRails, are not helpful for making single-page reactive websites. The new breed of tools, like MeteorJS, are.
In the Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, they said to compete on Price, Quality, or Convenience. A lot of traditional websites are going to start looking very dated. I see opportunity here.
A Rails developer I know, have got bogged down in making a highly-interactive page required by a customer. Rails is basically useless at that point, since it generally serves up static pages. I think they ended up using an add-on, like Angular, that helped them get that one page working. If the entire website had required that much tweaking, they would have been screwed.
There are a number of javascript frameworks for making reactive pages, though I believe MeteorJS is the only full-stack (client/server/database).
Anyway, I thought I would mention it, since I think this will be paradigm shift. The basic two causes are that most web data is accessed through mobile devices, and mobile devices are a pain to program. So the solution is mobile-friendly one-page web-apps.
https://www.meteor.com
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wa-meteor-webapps
http://www.manuel-schoebel.com/blog/meteorjs-the-perfect-match-for-lean-startups
http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/25/meteor-funding
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
