Greetings from the freezing cold location also known as Minnesota.
What type of person would live in such a place you ask? Generally, the type of person who lives here is the type whose ancestors chose this as a fitting place to raise their families. Also common is the type of person who has waged one or several unsuccessful attempts at leaving this place behind.
That's all beside the point.
A little bit about myself. I graduated from college a few years ago. In school I managed to make ends meet by freelance writing on elance (RIP). This was how I got my first taste of making money online.
Writing top ten lists and articles about air purifiers was great and all, but after I graduated I decided that I needed to pay off my small amount of student loans faster. Another rationalization for my choice to enter corporate America was as a means find a temporary source of income to live on and fund my own ventures in entrepreneurship.
Things looked bleak as I was living in a hotel in Virginia, armed with nothing but a political science degree. Then one night while drinking alone I thought it would be comical to submit an application for a job in IT. What would they possibly want with me?
A few interviews later I had a new job that pays well and allows me to work from home about 80% of the time.
Now that is all out of the way I am turning my focus back to entrepreneurship. I don't have an ironclad business plan to take over the world and make millions but I am in the process of starting a niche site simply to get some momentum on my side.
I've read TMF and have already read through a lot of the threads on here and just didn't want to lurk forever without saying hello!
What type of person would live in such a place you ask? Generally, the type of person who lives here is the type whose ancestors chose this as a fitting place to raise their families. Also common is the type of person who has waged one or several unsuccessful attempts at leaving this place behind.
That's all beside the point.
A little bit about myself. I graduated from college a few years ago. In school I managed to make ends meet by freelance writing on elance (RIP). This was how I got my first taste of making money online.
Writing top ten lists and articles about air purifiers was great and all, but after I graduated I decided that I needed to pay off my small amount of student loans faster. Another rationalization for my choice to enter corporate America was as a means find a temporary source of income to live on and fund my own ventures in entrepreneurship.
Things looked bleak as I was living in a hotel in Virginia, armed with nothing but a political science degree. Then one night while drinking alone I thought it would be comical to submit an application for a job in IT. What would they possibly want with me?
A few interviews later I had a new job that pays well and allows me to work from home about 80% of the time.
Now that is all out of the way I am turning my focus back to entrepreneurship. I don't have an ironclad business plan to take over the world and make millions but I am in the process of starting a niche site simply to get some momentum on my side.
I've read TMF and have already read through a lot of the threads on here and just didn't want to lurk forever without saying hello!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
