The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Slap - 6 Months Later - Procrastination & Confort

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

HellaSiccEtienne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 19, 2020
Quebec, Canada
Previous thread : Looking for Manufacturers - From Small Scale to Wide Scale

So, it's been 6 months. 8 in total if you count the very beginning of the idea.

There's a saying that goes : "Things happen for a reason". First, here's a quick recap :

I left a job and found a new confortable one. And during those 6 months, I somewhat did nothing. Oh yeah, designed my product in AutoDesk Fusion 360, and learn how to do so. I have read all MJ's books, and a dozen more since then. But confort, procrastination and... Well laziness got me. It was always "Meh, I'll do it later.", "I don't have the time, and I want to play videogames instead", and "I have to buy a 3D printer to transition my product from concept to plastic, but first, lemme buy a new car", and so on.

4 days ago from now, 08/08/21, I got fired from that confortable job. "You probably can see, [HellaSiccEtienne], that you don't really fit in team, and we think you're too immature. So bye bye". Let's say that I didn't plan for a lay off when I budgeted for this new car. But hey, I love it, it's a lotta fun, and it looks so good. The rat-race got me there, I spent money into a car but I'm a car nuts, so I'm happy.

I also never budgeted for a decent 3D printing setup, a week before getting fired. It's here now. I'm happy to have it. My now unemployed bank account, less so.
It's fine, I can find a job fairly easily. Salesperson with many director positions have an easy time finding jobs, but the souless, thankless, time gulping jobs always fall short, compared to fastlane, liberated entrepreneurship.

It took 1h to understand that being fired happened for a reason. Life's unfair, don't get me wrong, but this time, it was right. Comfort made me sit back, and delayed the whole process. 40 hours from my time lost to a job. And then, I got fired. Again, it happened for a reason :

To slap me in the face, and lit my a$$ on fire !

It's been 3 days. Multiple trials, prototypes, and modifications later, I don't remember the last time I had so much well-invested time on my hands. The 3D printer isn't as happy, the damn thing's always on, print after print after print.

I plan on finishing the prototype by the end of the month, then I will finish filming the video/ad for the mock-up website, which I started in the previous winter. Then, well, you know the rest, you know how it goes.

It's action o'clock. Get a grip. Leap onward.

See you soon !

Thank you for your time and for reading all this ! If you have a recommandation/tip/suggestion/whatever, don't hesitate ! As I'm starting this, everything's welcome !
Have a wonderful day !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congrats on the action, consistent consistent consistent wins the race.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.