The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Script Is Strong - Check out this “advice” for escaping 9-5

Sam Kennedy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 21, 2016
It’s such a shame, someone is genuinely asking how to escape 9-5: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/g9un5u View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/g9un5u/people_who_have_escaped_the_purgatory_of_the_95/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Here is a sample of some of the answers:
  • Work two 16 hour days per week
  • Work nights and weekends for years so that 9-5 is enjoyable
  • Work 7-5 four days per week so you can have a three day weekend
  • Work 6-6:30 3 days per week
  • Work 7-3 instead of 9-5
  • Go back to college
  • Become a travelling musician
  • Find a job you love
  • Marry a doctor so you can stay at home with the kids
  • Make art and hope for good fortunes
  • Quoted directly: “Worked several s*** jobs for 30 years. Lived frugally. Obsessively saved. Done without a lot of things. Then got sick, got laid off, can't work anymore. Living off savings until I die... hopefully before my savings runs out.”
  • Get fired
  • Work from home

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Santi M

See you on the fastlane
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 22, 2018
Fastlane
It’s such a shame, someone is genuinely asking how to escape 9-5: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/g9un5u View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/g9un5u/people_who_have_escaped_the_purgatory_of_the_95/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Go back to college
  • Find a job you love
  • Quoted directly: “Worked several s*** jobs for 30 years. Lived frugally. Obsessively saved. Done without a lot of things. Then got sick, got laid off, can't work anymore. Living off savings until I die... hopefully before my savings runs out.”
  • Get fired
  • Work from home
Terrible.
That's why I'm thankful for having found the UNSCRIPTED book soon in my life. I think we are lucky, friends.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas

• Go back to college
  • Find a job you love
  • Get fired
  • Work from home
"Make art and hope for good fortunes" Could've just said hope you get lucky.

Reddit is the worst place on the internet. Reddit is the place where all the side walkers go and stroke their egos to feel like they're better than what they truly are for a few minutes. I can't stand reddit and their whole point system. Everyone is just after reddit gold or whatever they give each other for liking a comment. Once they reach enough upvotes reddit gives them a medal or something. Than they edit the post and give an acceptance speech to everyone who upvoted their answer. Most of the top answers are useless because they're usually just a joke that people have up voted to the top.

Last edited:

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Only 'work from home' is legit.
I see work from home as a transitional phase between having a full time job and going fastlane full time, so you don't waste time on transport if your business isn't established yet, and you still need the income.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Only 'work from home' is legit.
I see work from home as a transitional phase between having a full time job and going fastlane full time, so you don't waste time on transport if your business isn't established yet, and you still need the income.
Thats so true.
I`m never getting back into an office or adding comute hours to my days ever again.
Best I can do is a 10 minute walk.
Anything further than that can go to hell.

Sam Kennedy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 21, 2016
So did you reach out in a personal message and tell him that we are here and we can help him?

I have directed him here, hopefully with his inbox having thousands of message he will still see it.

spirit

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 11, 2019

Sam Kennedy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 21, 2016
Read the responses in the link as well.

Wow, just wow. I’m all for freedom of speech but surely encouraging someone to commit suicide crosses some sort of line?

spirit

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 11, 2019
Wow, just wow. I’m all for freedom of speech but surely encouraging someone to commit suicide crosses some sort of line?

Yeah, it's pretty sad what the "script" could do to people.

Hopefully the creator got some help.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I was contemplating showing the topic creator MJ DeMarco's books. But, the Reddit topic is pretty old. That, and I'm pretty sure they've given up on life anyway.

I appreciate the gesture but it is clear from the person who wrote that that he is beyond help. Some people just like to wallow in their victimhood. It gives them identity -- and an identity is the hardest thing to change in someone. I doubt someone like this could get any help from my book, much less any other book. People like this is why lotteries thrive ... it's much easier to spend $1 on a lottery ticket than 1 year on a real escape, the kind of escape this person yearns for...

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I appreciate the gesture but it is clear from the person who wrote that that he is beyond help. Some people just like to wallow in their victimhood. It gives them identity -- and an identity is the hardest thing to change in someone. I doubt someone like this could get any help from my book, much less any other book. People like this is why lotteries thrive ... it's much easier to spend $1 on a lottery ticket than 1 year on a real escape, the kind of escape this person yearns for...
It’s like life’s sick and twisted joke. Usually taking the slow lane is harder/longer work than the Fastlane in the long run.

We work harder to keep the chains rather than break them.

We work longer for someone else rather than shorter for ourselves.

One day we wake up and realize that we sacrificed much more working 9-5 for 30 years than if we had just went for it in the beginning.

“I can’t wait for retirement!”

Then why are you sitting in a cubicle?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Here's an interesting Reddit I discovered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/depression/comments/47573x View: https://www.reddit.com/r/depression/comments/47573x/id_rather_die_than_work/

I was contemplating showing the topic creator MJ DeMarco's books. But, the Reddit topic is pretty old. That, and I'm pretty sure they've given up on life anyway.

Read the responses in the link as well.
This might be the saddest post I've ever read.
And the responses are... oh man...
I was expecting words of encouragement, suggestions, book recommendations etc.
Instead: "Yea I feel the same way man, I'll cheat the banks and end it after that haha, see you on the other side!"

No way to tell how much of that post and the responses are truth, thats reddit after all.
However, a lot people do kill themselves every day.
I dont get that way of thinking and I never will.
Its a job for F*cks sake, not a death sentence.
As if I would ever value a job, ANY job more than my sanity and life.

One more reason to hate(which I do) fake gurus and people promising easy life and escape from the 9-5 by buying their course.
They pray on these depressed people. Cant be sued by dead men I guess...

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.