The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Salary Man - Short Film

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Very poignant, a not-so subtle reminder about why we are all here. Thanks for sharing.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
The hardest part most times is telling them there is another way.. But, it's like talking to a brick wall. It just does not seem to get through to them and they will forever live their lives thinking the rich know magic tricks.

Imagine how successful you could be putting the same hours you spend as the salary man, into a potential profitable and growing business!.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 13, 2014
Now...put the wife to work because they live in an area where two professional incomes are required for the standard "middle class" lifestyle within an hour's commute of the office.

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
The hardest part most times is telling them there is another way.. But, it's like talking to a brick wall. It just does not seem to get through to them and they will forever live their lives thinking the rich know magic tricks.

There's another group of us who at least know there is another way, but can't seem to find it! Equally as frustrating.

Regardless, thanks for sharing. Reality check!

AntEmpire

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 4, 2015
I'm working in Japan right now and this is exactly how they live. Their kids too. Children as young as eight attend school as late as 8pm and on weekends too. Seven days a week of work, work, work for parents and children alike. In fact, if you leave on time, you're expected to apologize to your co-workers for doing so.

Stubbers

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 27, 2014
Borington, Ontario
Sad but true - coming from the UK to Canada I was amazed that 10 days vacation was the norm and that some people never took the full quota!

I was talking to a customer last week whom has to travel 3 1/2 hours every day into Toronto to work from an office full of executives, yet the company has an office 11 minutes from his home but his boss who's in Montreal insists he commutes ... the poor guy was pretty burnt out, but having wife & kids he says he has no choice.

Supercar Ace

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 8, 2015
Sunny So Cal - LA
It's one of those moments that's so spot on it's a sad. Yet we see it day in and day out.

More motivation to keep on creating and producing so as not to wind up in that position.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm working in Japan right now and this is exactly how they live. Their kids too. Children as young as eight attend school as late as 8pm and on weekends too. Seven days a week of work, work, work for parents and children alike. In fact, if you leave on time, you're expected to apologize to your co-workers for doing so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karōshi

Karoshi (過労死) is real.

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
This struck me... Both as the HR professional as I am at the moment (performance + employee happiness anyone?), as well as the partner/husband I want to be.
Taking action is key, but finding the right action to do is 'so hard' sometimes... And then the slowslane monthly paycheck arrives and you go back to your routine... Sigh!

Great post.. Great clip!

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
There's another group of us who at least know there is another way, but can't seem to find it! Equally as frustrating.

Regardless, thanks for sharing. Reality check!

I can attest to this. The only advice I can give you is what I tell myself: keep learning, keep reading, keep thinking, keep experimenting with ideas. Eventually, you'll hit on the ramp to the fast lane.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
I can attest to this. The only advice I can give you is what I tell myself: keep learning, keep reading, keep thinking, keep experimenting with ideas. Eventually, you'll hit on the ramp to the fast lane.
Agreed!, i love trying new things.. I know, each thing I do just takes me one step closer to the thing that will enter me into the fastlane !.

Great responses everyone, glad you all liked the video =)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.