The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Rich Jerk: For or Real or Not?

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
So, is the rich jerk just a jerk off, or does he know how to make people rich? I'm considering getting his book.

I'm wondering if anyone has read his book and, if so, what the opinion is.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Yeah, "the" ebook! lol

Marketing at it's finest! Take a helpful product or service and apply those techniques, and

you're money!

webnetking

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 20, 2009
Malaysia
Rich Jerk. I've read it. This guy really market his product ebook a lot. May be he's rich out of that. He often use another few name and promote another ebook brand. But he's really into internet marketing.

From richjerk ebook, there is only few things you can learn, but applying the method, i've try it, but still no good return at all. May be other people made success with it.

D

DeletedUser394

I think Rich Jerk is a jerk off.

He created a brand for himself that is known to millions of internet users around the world (even today). Not many people are able to do that.

If nothing else, he's a great marketer. Studying how he was able to do what he did (and not what he's trying to sell you) will help you find a lot of information on what the consumer wants and/or how to reach the consumer.

Regardless of the actual usefulness or uselessness of his product, he built himself a recognizable brand, and probably became a 'rich jerk' in the process.

John Rogers

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Dec 29, 2010
Washington State, USA
I guess I'm not getting why you resurrected a nearly two year old thread just to say someone is a jerk off.

It has likely been discussed here in the past, but Kelly Felix was The Rich Jerk. The Rich Jerk seems to have gained him entrance into the IM guru club. He now runs a site called Bring the Fresh. His blog is at Kelly Felix's Blog - How to be a Rich Jerk, but Without the Jerk Part.

I wouldn't buy what he's selling, but what he has done himself is certainly worth studying.

D

DeletedUser394

I guess I'm not getting why you resurrected a nearly two year old thread just to say someone is a jerk off.

Exactly what I was thinking.

This calls for a "Forum Overview" moment! haha

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/forum-news-updates-faqs/29331-forum-overview.html#post148048

Only Posting One Line Answers

"Usage of the forum is a two-way relationship. Be sure to provide as much value as you can to the forum."

.. I'm not sure why so many new users are posting one line replies and/or reviving 2-3 year old threads just to post a one liner that adds no value.

Posting "Bump" on a thread that is valuable but that might have been forgotten about over time, is alot more valuable... There's not much that's 'bump-able' to warrant bumping this particular thread though.

Last edited by a moderator:

alainn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Sep 6, 2010
just answering a question

I just wanted to answer the man's question. He was clearly asking if Rich Jerk is just a jerk off... and I believe he is.

I had signed up on his website for one of his programs and it was plain and simple just a waste of my time. The programs he was promoting were useless.

That's my own personal bad experience with Rich Jerk. I thought it would be useful to share for anyone who reads this thread today in 2011 even though the thread had been dead for 2 years.

Rich Jerk is known to be scammy. I'd rather be unknown than have be known for something bad. No reputation is better than a bad reputation.

He has built a brand but whether or not he has provided any real value to anyone over the years is what I am wondering.

I see nothing wrong with resurrecting threads that are of interest to me.. because they are probably of interest to others too.

I think it was entirely valid to warn people that in my opinion Rich Jerk is just a jerk off and that you should instead study better internet marketers. Don't stoop to his level. You don't have to become a rich jerk. I don't respect the guy. You can be rich and respectful and actually provide value to others instead of wasting people's time.

D

DeletedUser394

I'd rather be unknown than have be known for something bad. No reputation is better than a bad reputation.

To quote Fallout Boy: "I don't care what you think, but as long as it's about me, the best of us can find happiness in misery." lol ;D

I couldn't care less about what people think of me.. The only people's opinion of me that matters is my own... and to a lesser extent my friends, family, and associates. His products haven't killed anyone, so I don't see the problem. It's just like infomercials... Dr. Ho for example. His shitty products don't work, but if someone is gullible enough to buy them, then that's their problem.

That said, I have no interest in selling an ebook, I just see nothing wrong with this. People can't have their hands held their whole life. People sometimes make bad judgements and buy stupid products, and the sharks out there take advantage of that.

He isn't breaking the law by selling a product that underperforms. It may be unethical, but it's hardly illegal.

If someone sells a product that is directly hazardous to your health, that's a problem. Selling some shitty ebook 100,000 times isn't.

Just like selling those weird vitamins with ingredients that you've never heard of and that do nothing. Millions of people buy that crap, but there is no guarantee (or any scientific fact) to back up what the seller claims that these vitamins do.

Buyer Beware..

And our only problem was you bumping this thread with one sentence. Had you originally replied with that big response that you just did, then that would have been cool.

Just saying "Rich Jerk is a jerk off" is of no value to anyone. If however, you explained why you think rich jerk is a jerk off, with a detailed response, that would have been awesome (like what you just did).

Everything's good :D

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
He has built a brand but whether or not he has provided any real value to anyone over the years is what I am wondering.

Read his blog then you wouldn't need to wonder (http://www.therichjerk.com/blog/). I got a lot of value out of just his blog (bookmarked all the links he recommended). I read mixed reviews about the ebook and that he should have gone into more details of how he did parts of the process. I didn't buy yet but its only $10. Also check out his other site How to Make Money Online (Warning: Unusual Methods) and watch the top video. He said R.J. was making him 10k a day. The character he created is hilarious.

http://kellyfelix.com/
"During that time, I created an Internet marketing company called “The Rich Jerk”, which sold the # 1 eBook on Clickbank.com for several years."

"With all the buzz, I wanted to parlay that into something. I was encouraged by many people to become a “make-money guru”, basically teaching people how I had been so successful online.
The only way I would agree was if I could somehow be completely different than everyone else, and I also wanted to keep my anonymity as much as possible.

I found all of the other gurus so funny – such as Tom Vu and Don Lapre – how they flaunted their success.

Check out an old infomercial from Tom Vu here:

[video=youtube;K853GykeGH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K853GykeGH0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

So I decided to create a caracature of them, in an over the top, mean, Howard Stern-like character who shoved his success in your face and looked like Leisure Suit Larry.

His name: The Rich Jerk.

[video=youtube;hFl7VwWsQEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFl7VwWsQEo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

This “love him or hate him” character created a HUGE buzz because he was so unique. And the ebook was pure gold at the time, if I do say so myself, because I actually showed proof of my businesses and what I had done. The character may have been ridiculous, but the material was the real deal. And the earnings and testimonials were legit.

According to my research, one of the most respected online marketers was Yanik Silver. I sent him a copy of the ebook and asked him to look at the sales letter, and to consider giving it his stamp of approval. He replied that he didn’t think this thing would fly.

I was a bit deflated, but I went forward and approached another marketing guru – iconic marketing legend Gary Halbert. I spoke with Gary on the phone and told him my whole story. I was so nervous. Sure I had been successful, but this guy was a legend. And being judged by my peers was nerve wracking, especially after Yanik had already given it the thumbs down.

Gary not only liked the whole thing, but he also said he would give it the first and only G.H.S.O.A. (Gary Halbert Seal of Approval). You can see what he wrote here: Kelly Felix's Blog - How to be a Rich Jerk, but Without the Jerk Part.

After Gary vouched for the me, the forums went nuts, tons of affiliates jumped on board, and sales went through the roof.

$10,000 a day in profit was common, and I had another big winner on my hands. But this time, I wanted to take it to a whole new level. And over the years, through many joint ventures, it became a multi-million dollar behemoth."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.