• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC The "Remember When" Thread ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by MJ DeMarco, Apr 9, 2009.

1. OscarDeuce

OscarDeuce Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,773
    How about "roaming charges?" I once ran up a $10,000 bill when I spent a month opening a new office in another state. Yikes!

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $316,788
    Admin Post
    Remember when you used to go to Best Buy on a Saturday morning to buy the latest rocker CD and the place was jam packed? Now the place is a ghost town.

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying. Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $714
    Remember when you took a broken TV to a TV repair man?

Also, remember when you would forget to set up the record on a VCR before going out so you ended up missing that new season premier of your favorite show?

TheCj and MJ DeMarco like this.
  4. OzzieRob

OzzieRob Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $327
    I remember when we had one of the the first microwave ovens in the neighbourhood and my school friends would come over to watch melted cheese on toast and laugh
    I remember buying a Commodore 64 and bought a modem to dialup a Bulletin Board
    Remember when colour television came out in the 70's - maybe not, lol
    Remember when you had dialup internet and it took forever to get a a picture to download
    Remember when the milkman used to deliver milk to your door in glass bottles
    Remember when Pacman was the craze
    Remember when there was only 3 TV channels
    Remember when you could leave your front door unlocked at night
    Remember when everything seemed to be made in Taiwan
    Remember when Primary school kids used to walk to school
    Remember when all there was to read about personal finance was a boring old financial column in your newspaper
    Remember having to drive to the city to look up an international phone number in the yellow pages in the library
    Remember when small local hardware stores existed at your local shopping centre
    Remember enjoying the smell of a newly printed t-shirt off the press of your favourite band that you took forever to save for

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Formless likes this.
  5. Formless

Formless Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,557
    Seconding the point about 'organic food' being just food.

Off topic but has anyone got/had a vegetable garden before? When I was 8 we had a small garden full of tomatoes, cucumbers, spring onions, apple tree etc...

I remember going out at 5am to pick the fruit & veg and then going to the farmer shop next door where they sold hot bread fresh out of the oven. I can still remember the aroma and crackle of the crust when you cut it.

mentalic and OzzieRob like this.
  6. OzzieRob

OzzieRob Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $327
    Yes, my father would grow a small vege patch with fruit in the backgarden when i was around your age although i was not as lucky as you to be able to go to a farmer shop.

My neighbour who had just arrived from Macadonia had Grapevines over trellises, roosters, sunflowers, pigeons and 50 sq metres of veges.
    Oh man and the the waft of expresso coffee i can still smell to this day, lol

Formless likes this.
  7. TheCj

TheCj Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $349
    Remember when cars had two different keys.

Remember when an international long distance call coming into the house was something that everyone in the house would pay attention too and take turns talking on the phone.

MJ DeMarco, jon.a and SteveO like this.
  8. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $76,930
    I remember when ANY long distance call was like that :)

TheCj likes this.