The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Poor Man I Cant get a job: Flipping Stuff Log

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 2, 2013
This thread in a nutshell:

tenor.gif

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Was there actually not much flipping going on here?

What sort of job?

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
D

DeletedUser0287

$35/hr
40hr/week
Healthcare Job.
Standard Benefits
Just a regular job pretty much.

Tried to find a job that would add knowledge to my business, but that didn't work out as you can see from previous posts.

But finally got capital to continue my venture. Although I am still going to live significantly below my means to grow the business.

Progress is progress. Congrats!

Thanks

Was there actually not much flipping going on here?

What sort of job?

No, that ended pretty quick.

Only flip flopping

Ha, you're funny

D

DeletedUser0287

Even though I got this full time job. I might take a second job, since I am trying to get a home for 100k to have room for my business equipment as well.

tylerwilkinson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Sep 25, 2019
Rhode Island
Even though I got this full time job. I might take a second job, since I am trying to get a home for 100k to have room for my business equipment as well.
If you have an established work history, tolerable credit and $70k a year, you should have no problem financing a $100k house.

And cars, I flip cars. Turn $500 into $3000.

D

DeletedUser0287

If you have an established work history, tolerable credit and $70k a year, you should have no problem financing a $100k house.

And cars, I flip cars. Turn $500 into $3000.

Yeah, ended up getting pre approved already. Where do you get cars for $500? Lol

tylerwilkinson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Sep 25, 2019
Rhode Island
Yeah, ended up getting pre approved already. Where do you get cars for $500? Lol

I’m a mechanic. So between customers not wanting to fix something and Craigslist/FB Market, I encounter lots of opportunity. “Needs brakes”, “check engine light”, and “won’t pass inspection” can be gold for me.
The price point I operate at may not be super impressive, but the people who are buying a used car CASH aren’t buying a $6-12k car. They finance that car at the used car dealership and end up with a crap box. The average cash buyers above the $2-4k bracket (in my area) are buying a specific car (classic, tuner, personal favorite). That’s why a $5000 used Infiniti is harder to sell than a $2500 corolla.
I fix what needs to be fixed and put an inspection sticker on it. In the mean time, this is also how I get MY cars, so I keep the corolla/civic/insert practical vehicle here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.