The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Period of Time Between "Idea" and "Echo"

Idea threads

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this. MJ alluded to it in UNSCRIPTED . Essentially, what I'm talking about is this period of time between the conception of the initial entrepreneurial idea and the experience of echo. This is the time of building the asset, but before an initial launch. It's this quiet period of time that requires daily work into building the asset, but without feedback from the market, because it isn't yet ready to launch.

I've been working on an online business idea since March, and it should be ready for the initial launch in November. There are times when I'm thinking to myself, "S&#t, I just want to get this thing online and get some market feedback already." I'm not considering of stopping, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience, and what have been the lessons you've learned from the experience? Was there anything in particular that helped you stay on track until the concept was ready for the initial launch?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is it something you can start pre-selling? Or pre-hyping? Like via Instagram, Twitter, or some social media platform?

If what you're building is received well by the market, that's considered an echo.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Is it something you can start pre-selling? Or pre-hyping? Like via Instagram, Twitter, or some social media platform?

If what you're building is received well by the market, that's considered an echo.

Actually, yes it is something I can start pre-selling. Thank you. This showcases the value of this forum, as I'm now seeing the situation from a new perspective and my wheels are spinning in a new direction rather than staying stuck in the same ol' rut.

Just off the top of my head, I can have a pre-order sign up where in exchange for an email address (building the list) I'll offer, say 30% off for anybody who signs up before a specific date. This would serve both the purposes of hyping/getting the word out, and building an email list for future products.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm not considering of stopping, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience, and what have been the lessons you've learned from the experience? Was there anything in particular that helped you stay on track until the concept was ready for the initial launch?

I've certainly been there, and I would say the best use of that time is what MJ touched upon here; Any spare time you have - start building the buzz. Set up at the very least a basic one-page "teaser" page (or a website if you have more time) where you get people excited about what is coming. Put a Facebook and Google pixel on that thing as soon as possible, as well as a lead capture form. Create and build out the appropriate social media channels, and think of how you will execute your launch when the day comes and you will be ready. Do these things ahead, using the 'echo' period for this - instead of rushing it all right at the end as an afterthought. ;)

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I've certainly been there, and I would say the best use of that time is what MJ touched upon here; Any spare time you have - start building the buzz. Set up at the very least a basic one-page "teaser" page (or a website if you have more time) where you get people excited about what is coming. Put a Facebook and Google pixel on that thing as soon as possible, as well as a lead capture form. Create and build out the appropriate social media channels, and think of how you will execute your launch when the day comes and you will be ready. Do these things ahead, using the 'echo' period for this - instead of rushing it all right at the end as an afterthought. ;)

I've been working on what you suggested. It's given me some good, new direction to work with. I'm curious, you said you've been there before...what is or was your line of work?

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I've been working on what you suggested. It's given me some good, new direction to work with. I'm curious, you said you've been there before...what is or was your line of work?

I've been an entrepreneur since 2004 and have taken an idea from concept to market, which I have written about in great detail here;
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/progress-thread-mass-market-product-creation-–-from-prototype-to-sales.50951/

Oops, didn't realize you're not a forum INSIDERS. I really recommend getting access to that part of the forum too ;)

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I've been an entrepreneur since 2004 and have taken an idea from concept to market, which I have written about in great detail here;
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/progress-thread-mass-market-product-creation-–-from-prototype-to-sales.50951/

Oops, didn't realize you're not a forum INSIDERS. I really recommend getting access to that part of the forum too ;)

I mean, you could always copy and paste it here. Lol nice hook, BTW. MJ must be giving you royalties ;-) :p

ocricci

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 20, 2013
MJ talks about a concept called the desert of desertion:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJyUydc1NtA

"The Desert of Desertion -- A lonely time where your entrepreneurial resolve and will will be challenged and tested. Most give up here ... the others go onto to live dreams."

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.