The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The only place a prophet is without honor

Anything related to matters of the mind

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
633%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Mark 6:4
Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.”

There’s a feeling inside of you that you were meant for more. That you have some talent or ability in you. That you could be great.

But nobody around you sees it. They just treat you as if you’re just like them.

Maybe you’re delusional. Maybe you are just like them after all. Who are you to think you could be special?

The people around you think this way about you because it’s impossible for them not to.

It was true 2000 years ago, and it is true today.

Prophets must always come from somewhere else.

To two people I am a son.

To one rude girl I am a brother.

To a handful of people I’m a close friend.

To 15 or so people I’m a previous student.

Etc.

Each new person has their own personal idea of you.

When we think of prophets, or heroes, or wise people, we put them into a box. We dehumanize them.

This is why they say to never meet your heroes. They become real and it shatters the image you had.

This is because people are stupid, and they oversimplify. They think in absolutes. It saves time. We idealize everything. Heroes are all good. Villains are all bad. Prophets are all wise.

It’s necessary.

This is why nobody near you sees you for what you could be.

What you could be is just a type of energy you have within you that needs channeling. When you embody it and show only that energy to people in a controlled way, they can see you for that potential. They can see the prophet or the hero in you.

But your family and friends see everything. They see the behind the scenes and their simple brains cannot see you for your potential since they see everything. All the boring, stupid, ugly parts of you. And if they saw that you could be great, it would say too much about them and where they are in life. You can’t be a hero. THEIR heroes are all idealized in their own head and would never be like you, even if they’re worse in reality.

So yes, it’s true, the only place a prophet is without honor is in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.

So don’t be afraid to pull away for a bit. It’s okay to create a line between your personal life and your public life. Let your family see you as a family member. Let your friends see you as a friend. And let another group of people see you as the hero. You are all of these things and none of these things at the same time.

But if you want to be a prophet, or a leader, or a hero, or some figure, don’t expect anyone near you to see it. Expect them to see you entirely as average. It would be unnatural to expect anything else. Don’t explain yourself. Don’t argue. Don’t convince anyone. Just create some space, go someplace new, be around new people, be in your own little world, and build there, where no one can infect it with their old ideas of who they think you are and who they want you to be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Tanks for this post.

Really great way of putting this.

I just imagine someone like Taylor swift being with her mom and the mom asking "Hey honey, have you brushed your teeth today ?".

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.”

There’s a feeling inside of you that you were meant for more. That you have some talent or ability in you. That you could be great.

Maybe you’re delusional. Maybe you are just like them after all. Who are you to think you could be special?

The people around you think this way about you because it’s impossible for them not to.

Etc.

When we think of prophets, or heroes, or wise people, we put them into a box. We dehumanize them.

This is why they say to never meet your heroes. They become real and it shatters the image you had.

This is because people are stupid, and they oversimplify. They think in absolutes. It saves time. We idealize everything. Heroes are all good. Villains are all bad. Prophets are all wise.

It’s necessary.

What you could be is just a type of energy you have within you that needs channeling. When you embody it and show only that energy to people in a controlled way, they can see you for that potential. They can see the prophet or the hero in you.

But your family and friends see everything. They see the behind the scenes and their simple brains cannot see you for your potential since they see everything. All the boring, stupid, ugly parts of you. And if they saw that you could be great, it would say too much about them and where they are in life. You can’t be a hero. THEIR heroes are all idealized in their own head and would never be like you, even if they’re worse in reality.

So yes, it’s true, the only place a prophet is without honor is in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.

So don’t be afraid to pull away for a bit. It’s okay to create a line between your personal life and your public life. Let your family see you as a family member. Let your friends see you as a friend. And let another group of people see you as the hero. You are all of these things and none of these things at the same time.

But if you want to be a prophet, or a leader, or a hero, or some figure, don’t expect anyone near you to see it. Expect them to see you entirely as average. It would be unnatural to expect anything else. Don’t explain yourself. Don’t argue. Don’t convince anyone. Just create some space, go someplace new, be around new people, be in your own little world, and build there, where no one can infect it with their old ideas of who they think you are and who they want you to be.
This is a phenomenal post -- great advice, and so true!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Güero Tonka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 3, 2024

Etc.

It’s necessary.

I'm pretty sure Jesus also said if you love him he will turn your family and friends against you because he's not here for peace but to cause division. This is probably what you are experiencing.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
633%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I'm pretty sure Jesus also said if you love him he will turn your family and friends against you because he's not here for peace but to cause division. This is probably what you are experiencing.
No not relevant to this

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.